Stock market up 108%

I am well aware of the population lay out of California. My point is and remains that once Amnesty was passed in California hispanic voters changed California into a blue state and to this day continue to make California a blue state.

If amnesty is passed on a national level the same results can be expected for the US!

When Amnesty was signed into law by a Republican president, then, the Hispanic voters of California changed it into a blue state. Obviously, they must have been opposed to amnesty for illegals, as were other citizens of this great nation. If amnesty is signed into law by a Democrat, maybe they'll go the other way, then, and make California a red state.

Pretty illogical, isn't it? Did you know that:
Illegal alien and Hispanic are two different things,
California has had lots of Hispanics, even since before it was a state,
Those red counties on the California map have large Hispanic populations.
The Hispanic community in California tends to be pretty conservative.
and conservative does not equal Republican, nor vice versa.

Werbung:
When Amnesty was signed into law by a Republican president, then, the Hispanic voters of California changed it into a blue state. Obviously, they must have been opposed to amnesty for illegals, as were other citizens of this great nation. If amnesty is signed into law by a Democrat, maybe they'll go the other way, then, and make California a red state.

Es verdad. Had hispanics there long before there were euro-americans.

See my previously posted comment below!

I am well aware of the population lay out of California. My point is and remains that once Amnesty was passed in California hispanic voters changed California into a blue state and to this day continue to make California a blue state.

If amnesty is passed on a national level the same results can be expected for the US!

For the moment its all on paper. You have to actually exit the market before it drops before you can say you won. Then subtract the capital gains tax and the loss due to inflation. Many will win...

No reason not to be taking gains during this huge run up and rebalancing your positions. After that you can look for other value or get it into other investments.

I've bought a couple rental homes using gains from the run up, and rebalanced my accounts numerous times. For most things, I do not like the idea of buy and hold forever no questions asked.

Half the cities in this state have Spanish names. Reagan's amnesty of 3000 million didn't turn CA from red to blue. We had Pat Brown a D as Governor before Reagan and his son Jerry Brown (D) as Gov after Reagan. Since Reagan left office we've had Deukemejian, Wilson, Arnold Schwarzenegger and now Brown again since 2011. So going back the last 50/60 years we've had mostly Republican Governors. Grey Davis a D was just before Arnold, but he was recalled because he signed a law allowing illegals to get a drivers license.

Werbung:
Half the cities in this state have Spanish names. Reagan's amnesty of 3000 million didn't turn CA from red to blue. We had Pat Brown a D as Governor before Reagan and his son Jerry Brown (D) as Gov after Reagan. Since Reagan left office we've had Deukemejian, Wilson, Arnold Schwarzenegger and now Brown again since 2011. So going back the last 50/60 years we've had mostly Republican Governors. Grey Davis a D was just before Arnold, but he was recalled because he signed a law allowing illegals to get a drivers license.
For California was once a pretty red state in presidential politics. Before 1994, Republicans carried this state in nine of 12 post-World War II national elections. But the GOP has not won here since, and the only top-of-ticket statewide victories by a Republican in that time were those of Arnold Schwarzenegger, whose movie stardom and centrist politics won him many non-GOP votes.

No one has the slightest doubt what caused this shift: the 1994 Proposition 187 and then-Gov. Pete Wilson’s vocal support for it. Within four years of that anti-illegal immigrant measure’s passage, more than 2.5 million California Latinos applied for citizenship and registered to vote, the vast majority as Democrats.

http://www.californiafocus.net/2013/09/immigration-may-turn-other-red-states.html

Back