Stop Gas Price Gouging

Gee....how "odd"....same guy, in the mirror, but....a different guy in the Whitehouse!!!

I guess this could be considered the Cheney Legacy!!!

Has anyone (else) noticed that prices-at-the-pump haven't gone NUTZ, ever since Obama hit The Oval Office????

I guess it's always possible Big Oil is still in "mourning" (over the fact The DICK; Cheney is no-longer aiding-and-abetting their rape-at-the-pump).

You don't (even) hear the right-wing nut-jobs chanting their pro-Big-Oil/pro-Cheney mantra, anymore: "DRILL, BABY, DRILL!!!!!!" I guess...either, they've forgotten it...or, been re-programmed to support that other Big-Bu$ine$$-fave; health-care in$urance. (These would be the same suckers who'd insisted that "Cash For Clunkers" was a wasted-effort....while all of those new Hybrids, on the road, are having a significant-impact on fuel-usage!!!) :p

Gee.....is it possible that Republicans were LYING about the availability of oil (during the Cheney/Bush years)....just like '73.....AGAIN??!!!

:rolleyes:

Consumption of oil is largely tied to economic activity. Obama has helped to wipe out our economy. It's really obvious that when demand for oil is down, due to a crappy economy, the price is relatively stable.

Werbung:
You force the gasoline companies to use Ethanol, that is horribly expensive to other additives.
You force them to import oil by preventing drilling and exploring.
You force them to have 30 some odd specific formulations for different cities and states.
You force them to not build more refineries, choking capacity.
You dump tons of taxes on them, from tariffs on the forced imported oil, to environmental taxes on the refineries, to transportation taxes on the distribution, and a full $1 per gallon in tax at the pump... and then whine about gouging.
Two more:

You "force" the two largest refineries to buy independent small refineries and then shut them down so they have complete control of the production.

You "force" (during the $4.00+/gallon summer),two large banks to get access to abandoned oil holding tanks in Oklahoma and buy thousands of gallons of oil and store it in those tanks, creating a even higher artificial demand for oil.

Huh? Saving money? Using Ethanol? I know that's not what you meant because Ethanol, is, and always has been, and always will be, horrendously more expensive than oil.

The goal was to 'stick-it' to the oil companies. Not to save or help middle class America. It doesn't help the environment because it actually emits more of the so-called 'greenhouse gasses', and it won't hurt the middle east because oil is required so many millions of other products, uses, and countries, and it will not ever reduce the price of fuel because it costs more to make.

Simply put, Ethanol has been pawned off on the public as a way to 'stick-it' to the evil greedy corporate puppet master... which in fact is really, just us, blowing off our own foot with a shotgun, while the very people we think we're 'sticking-it' too are making millions on ethanol subsidies and ethanol refining. It's America's ultimate stupid tax based on class envy.
Ethanol was a dead end solution. It is not/was not a solution to the energy problem. If all current production of corn was diverted to produce ethanol, it would only supply a small percentage of the energy needs. How would that effect the production of all the other products dependent upon corn? Also, ethanol fuels emit carbon dioxide so you have not gained anything pollution wise. It was a bad idea that was jumped into without doing the scientific analysis as to economic feasibility.

Two more:

You "force" the two largest refineries to buy independent small refineries and then shut them down so they have complete control of the production.

You "force" (during the $4.00+/gallon summer),two large banks to get access to abandoned oil holding tanks in Oklahoma and buy thousands of gallons of oil and store it in those tanks, creating a even higher artificial demand for oil.

The second one wouldn't make the slightest difference in the world. 1,000 gallons of oil, is actually just 23 barrels of oil. The US uses 20.8 Million a day. Let us pretend the number is 10,000 gallons of oil. That's 230 Barrels. That would be about 0.00001% of our daily usage. In other words, nothing. In order for oil speculation to even attempt to cause an artificial spike, it would at least have to be 10% of our daily usage.

As for the first one, yes. We are doing that constantly. By preventing small refineries from opening, we indirectly support a monopoly by large existing refineries. Again, anti-business regulation is constantly used by big business for protectionist purposes. That is one of the ironic factors of liberalism. They are far more in the pockets of big business than the right.

What I can't figure out is why on Earth you'd be silly enough to resurrect this old thread that was innocently laying buried almost a year and a half now....
Yeah....let's (simply) ignore the-lack-of wild price-swings (and, associated MEGA-PROFIT$, for BIG-OIL), this year, to-date, for "conservative"-purposes.

THANKS, PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92.gif

Two more:

.....Yet, we haven't seen the (typical) Cheney/BIG-OIL WILD, PRICE-AT-THE-PUMP, $WING$, this year!!!

THANKS, PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92.gif

Hey....don't thank me. Thank George Bush!!

bush_republicard.jpg
You can't have it both ways, Mrs. Haman... you can't laud Obama and his administration with "the return from the brink of destruction" for The Big Bankers and then blame Bush for the fact that the benefits of this retraction WENT to them when you got called on it.

Face it: you're really rooting for The Big Bankers instead of the little guy, aren'tcha'? They're the only ones you really care about and care for...

Yeah....let's (simply) ignore the-lack-of wild price-swings (and, associated MEGA-PROFIT$, for BIG-OIL), this year, to-date, for "conservative"-purposes.

Hmm... looks like we've got an upswing in progress...
2429274260073664377S600x600Q85.jpg

Crude futures up the better part of 7% in less than a week...

Well... ain't that odd?

92.gif

Werbung:
Well... CRAP!

Frankly, I'd rather Mrs. Haman was right about gasoline prices given the consequences of my fears being more correct--that'd be a lot better for us all. Isn't it awful when you DON'T want to be right? This just in and I don't like the look of it:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20602099&sid=auKRxcNPTay0

Oil futures, by the way, had ratcheted up another little bit from when I posted the picture above:

2429274260073664377S600x600Q85.jpg

2863805010073664377S600x600Q85.jpg

All playful sparring aside, I REALLY hope this flattens out.

Back