Taxation Is Robbery

Money is not a government creation:

http://www.mises.org/money.asp

What I meant by my statement is it's the medium of exchange. In that regard it is a creation of government as it now exists. Its value has everything to do with government policy.

Men did not make the earth. It is the value of the improvements only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property. Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds.
Thomas Paine

Werbung:
Well that's really the only way to speak of a contract. If someone is claiming I owe some obligation based simply upon the patch of land I happen to be standing at the moment, my response is "prove it."

The "social contract" fails to meet the standards required of a legal contract.
Nonsense.

Individuals can enter into agreement with one another. A 'meeting of mind' is all that is required.

The existence of the state nor the law is NOT a pre-requisite for a contract.

Nonsense.

Individuals can enter into agreement with one another. A 'meeting of mind' is all that is required.

The existence of the state nor the law is NOT a pre-requisite for a contract.

ROTFLMAO. What on earth are you arguing? The only one spouting nonsense is you.

Explain upon what authority you claim the right to control the peaceful, honest, voluntary actions of other individuals.

What I meant by my statement is it's the medium of exchange. In that regard it is a creation of government as it now exists. Its value has everything to do with government policy.

It's value has to do with government policy due to the ability of government to use force against those who disobey the legal tender laws. It's that simple. We could have separation of money and state just as easily as we have separation of church and state.

People should have the freedom to peacefully choose whatever form of currency they would prefer to use.

Men did not make the earth. It is the value of the improvements only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property. Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds.
Thomas Paine

A total misinterpretation of Paine's views.

"In “Common Sense”, Paine justified independence as a result of natural right, interest and common sense (Dorfman, 1938, p.372). Paine believed in the ability of the people to overcome self-interest, to achieve anything that is rational and within human faculty reason, all this in conjunction to improving the lives of the poor (Fruchtman, 1996, p.356). Paine’s writings were not directed to the working class rather to farmers, tradesmen and professional men. He did not challenge the property rights of the rich or the doctrines of laissez-faire."

Paine on taxes and government:

"If, from the more wretched parts of the old world, we look at those which are in an advanced stage of improvement, we still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping the spoil of the multitude. Invention is continually exercised, to furnish new pretenses for revenues and taxation. It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without tribute." - Thomas Paine

"What at first was called plunder assumed the softer name of tax revenue." - Thomas Paine

"To say that any people are not fit for freedom, is to make poverty their choice, and to say they had rather be loaded with taxes than not." - Thomas Paine

"War involves in its progress such a train of unforeseen and unsupposed circumstances that no human wisdom can calculate the end. It has but one thing certain, and that is to increase taxes." - Thomas Paine

"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at its worst, an intolerant one." – Thomas Paine

"There are two distinct classes of men... those who pay taxes and those who receive and live upon taxes." - Thomas Paine

"An Avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty. It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret, and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he a establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." – Thomas Paine

"When the government fears the people, it is liberty. When the people fear the government, it is tyranny." – Thomas Paine

ROTFLMAO. What on earth are you arguing? The only one spouting nonsense is you.

Explain upon what authority you claim the right to control the peaceful, honest, voluntary actions of other individuals.

Mutual agreement as embodied in the SOCIAL CONTRACT.

Its there in the constitution - 'We, the people...."

Mutual agreement as embodied in the SOCIAL CONTRACT.

Its there in the constitution - 'We, the people...."

What I'm telling you is, I didn't knowingly and voluntarily agree to it. Please explain what mechanism makes me liable.

There is no "social contract."

What I'm telling you is, I didn't knowingly and voluntarily agree to it. Please explain what mechanism makes me liable.

There is no "social contract."

If you continue to enjoy any of the benefits of citizenship, then you have TACITLY consented to the social contract.

Understand?

If you continue to enjoy any of the benefits of citizenship, then you have TACITLY consented to the social contract.

Understand?

One cannot TACITLY consent to anything when UNDER DURESS.

There are no alleged benefits without money first being stolen from free individuals. Government produces nothing on its own. It must first steal from others.

Understand?

Yet it PROVIDES benefits which YOU enjoy....

Irrelevant, even if true. Does a thief who donates some of his stolen money to charity suddenly become 'not guilty' because some people benefit from this theft?

I do not want to "enjoy" any alleged "benefits" forced upon me. I want to have a voluntary choice in the matter.

Irrelevant, even if true. Does a thief who donates some of his stolen money to charity suddenly become 'not guilty' because some people benefit from this theft?

I do not want to "enjoy" any alleged "benefits" forced upon me. I want to have a voluntary choice in the matter.

It is relevent. You are just as much a thief for taking advantage of those benefits. Afterall, no one holds a gun to your head and makes you.

It is relevent. You are just as much a thief for taking advantage of those benefits. Afterall, no one holds a gun to your head and makes you.

LOL. You're tripping over your own "argument." Indeed they do hold a gun to my head in the beginning and steal my money to force me to pay for things I did not consent to. Again, I have no choice in the matter.

LOL. You're tripping over your own "argument." Indeed they do hold a gun to my head in the beginning and steal my money to force me to pay for things I did not consent to. Again, I have no choice in the matter.

Truth-Bringer, has anyone ever actually physically held a gun to your head and forced you to pay taxes?

No, I'm not.

You have a choice as to whether to partake of the benefits which all this "stolen" money provides you with.

Werbung:
No, I'm not.

You have a choice as to whether to partake of the benefits which all this "stolen" money provides you with.

But I don't have a choice in having the money stolen from me. That's the point. The topic of this thread is taxation.

I don't want any of your alleged benefits. But you will not give me the choice to refuse them.

Back