Ted Stevens is leading

Werbung:
oh i dont really want her to go to the senate, not right now. I rather see a dem go in to help obama

Alaska almost always votes Republican. Personally, if Stevens does indeed win I'd rather have him stay in the senate...that way ,a convicted felon can be the face of the GOP...rather appropriate don't you think?

I think the senate will attempt to expel him, but there is also the very real possibility he could get a last day pardon by Bush, and then what?

In Alaska, because of other past shady Republican dealings, the voters enacted law that says a special election is required to fill vacant federal offices.

May as well, he pardoned libby. Shows how Bush brought Honer back to the white house.....:rolleyes:

May as well, he pardoned libby. Shows how Bush brought Honer back to the white house.....:rolleyes:

Yes, yes, pardon Libby, but not Compean and Ramos. I wonder if he will really bring honor to the WH by pardoning Stevens?

Wouldn't that be a circus, the Senate removing Stevens, who has been pardoned by the president. Would they succeed?

Air America was saying that Alaska is doing voter fraud. They said less people voted this time than voted in 2004 and that the republicans are hiding votes to keep Stevens and a few other republicans in their seats.

Someone should check that out, and Minn too, apparently there is major republican voter fraud keeping Franklin from his destiny.

someone needs go go check that out also,

Like Bunz stated a special election must be called, Palin might be able at appoint someone temporarily but from my understanding she can't appoint herself. What she could do is resign, then the Lt. Gov would take over and he could then appoint Palin to the senate seat until a special election is held.
This sums up the circumstances I understand to be the case.
This election might not be over yet though. Fivethirtyeight who predicted Obama's winning percentage within .1% makes the case that the votes that have yet to be counted still might swing the election to Begich....

I think most Alaskans are taking a wait and see attitude at the point. Considering everything that has happened to date, I wont make any predictions.
I am quite disappointed in Alaskans for not turning out like they should have if the early reports turn out to be true. Although I was quite disappointed that the media called the election for Obama before the polls had even closed here.

As to the posts by PLC1, PFOS, and Rob, I certainly would not be surprised by Stevens being on the list of people pardoned by the President on thier last day in office. All of them do this, and I can only imagine who else might be on the Bush pardon list, but this raises the possibility of Stevens not only winning re-election, but having his being found guilty erased by executive pardon. Then what does the Senate do?

Air America was saying that Alaska is doing voter fraud. They said less people voted this time than voted in 2004 and that the republicans are hiding votes to keep Stevens and a few other republicans in their seats.

Someone should check that out, and Minn too, apparently there is major republican voter fraud keeping Franklin from his destiny.

someone needs go go check that out also,

You know I doubt it. For Alaskans, I think the democrats took for granted that it was a foregone conclusions that McCain/Palin would win Alaska, but that the independants would support Begich/Berkowitz, and also that many republicans would vote them out.

I think it is clear Berkowitz probably has lost, but considering the distances involved, it will take another week probably before all the votes can be counted. Begich still has a fair shot at this.

I am quite disappointed in Alaskans for not turning out like they should have if the early reports turn out to be true. Although I was quite disappointed that the media called the election for Obama before the polls had even closed here.

I've never thought of that angle...do you really think there were votes left out there? I know most of Alaska is only one hour behind Seattle..why doesn't Alaska do as Hawaii does, synchronize their poll closings with those of the west coast?

I've never thought of that angle...do you really think there were votes left out there? I know most of Alaska is only one hour behind Seattle..why doesn't Alaska do as Hawaii does, synchronize their poll closings with those of the west coast?

In fairness the election was over by 10:00 PM. (CST I believe).

If it was close, or if there was the debacle such as Florida in 2000, then it would have been much more important.

There are plenty of votes to be counted still, especially from mailed ballots.

But Alaska is its own state. Closing the polls when the pacific time zone does means less opportunity to vote for us. We are able to set our own laws in this regard. It is unfortunate the media thinks Alaska only matter when there is a story to sell.

Also, I found this link quite telling. It is the breakdown of what candidate won which parts of the state.
http://media.adn.com/smedia/2008/11/07/12/7senateVote.source.prod_affiliate.7.pdf

The vast blue areas went to Begich, and the red areas, which are in the urban cities went to Stevens. In most of the lower 48, arent rural voters more likely to support Republicans and urban voters democrats?

Also, quite telling is the fact that Ted Stevens brought rural Alaska out of the stone age through his federal spending. He is otherwise very poppular in the bush, and Begich is not as known out here, but I found it interesting personally so I am sharing.

In fairness the election was over by 10:00 PM. (CST I believe).

If it was close, or if there was the debacle such as Florida in 2000, then it would have been much more important.

Fair enough, but people need to keep this in mind. The election was declared before all the polls were closed. Granted our minimal electoral votes, it didnt matter, but there could certainly be a time when it does. But Alaska is a state the same as all the other states and should be treated accordingly when it comes to things such as this.

Werbung:
Ted Stevens, even if he got elected would not be able to continue his Sentorship, because he would have gotten impeached, the reason they had the trial when they did is because if you only have to do one trial, then it would cost lest and be a lot less of a hassle

Back