Tenn. Senate OKs ban on teaching of homosexuality

Schools are for education. I'm not talking about pep talks, I'm talking about teaching the science and not the religious viewpoint.

Last I checked "evil" was not in any scientific dictionaries.

You are clearly wanting to teach the religious view that homosexuals are not evil.

Werbung:
OK so then is Being left handed a Alt LIfestyle?

Being lefthanded is the alternative to being right handed but since it is not a lifestyle it is not an alternative lifestyle. All lifestyles are by definition based on ones values, and attitudes. For example, a couple might decide to be "swingers" because they value "free sex" and dislike the limits of traditional marriage. Lifestyle is a word coined by psychologist Alfred Adler and specifically requires choice. Ironic that gays use the word so much but argue that they have made no choice.

and Yes Jesus does have something to do with this, if you think the bible and Christian ideas are not the basis of this debate then where are you? And if I hurt the feelins of some anti gay christians who want to attack gays for who they are,. so be it...Its pretty funny to me to have anyone on the gay bashing side cry about being hateful..

Go ahead and show a single solitary post where I have bashed gays. Get a couple of reasonable people here to agree with you and I'll cut you a check as a reward. Maybe you were only trying to say that I am on their side. But a quick check would show that I disagree with positions that are commonly taken by both sides.

One could argue that Christianity is the basis for everything in our culture - but that is not very fruitiful.

When you see anti-gay Christian posts just respond to them.

Lastly, being who one is does not always justify being who one is. One could BE an arsonist based on a longstanding life dream to burn stuff but that would not make it justified. One could BE a criminal largely based on a genetic disorder and that would not even justify it. Being gay whether a matter of biology, lifestyle or a combination does not justify it. Being gay would be justified only if it is right or valid. (I just looked up the definition of justified).

Do we want schools to teach kids what sexual behavior is valid? Schools should teach what is safe, healthy, useful, etc -but valid? Right? Evil? Not evil?

Werbung:
so your going to just plead ignorance I see...

I did not think I needed to report that yes young gay kids often do, or think about killing themself...Just like I don't site my source when I say things like Obama is the President, the sky is blue, and fire is Hot....I just had this weird feeling that maybe you actuly read the news ever...

I doubt very little you know how many gay kids are in high school...and if they are open about it or not, does not matter...why should they feel they can't be open about it?

And its the adults who make it a Equal rights issue? no actuly its the lack of Equal rights that makes it a equal rights issue. Thats like saying you know what, its the BLack adults that say Jim Crow laws are a equal rights issue...there for its not one.

and even back in the 70's people knew what gay was...and yes, gays got bashed back then to...But just keep that head in the sand.

You are HILARIOUS. Keep up the funny stuff. I really enjoy it! :D;)

Back