Texas court rules in favor of "cult"

Libsmasher

From Fox:

The Third Court of Appeals in Austin ruled that the state offered "legally and factually insufficient" grounds for the "extreme" measure of removing all children from the ranch, from babies to teenagers.

The state never provided evidence that the children were in any immediate danger, the only grounds in Texas law for taking children from their parents without court approval, the appeals court said.

It also failed to show evidence that more than five of the teenage girls were being sexually abused, and never alleged any sexual or physical abuse against the other children, the court said.

Werbung:
I thought I had heard a boy had 5 healed breaks in one arm. That should be looked at and any teens pregnant should be investigated, but I think what they did was extreme when they took them all.

The degree of "democracy" on this board is overwhelming. I find it difficult to judge polygamy and not homosexuality. Isn't each a choice? if one is sick, why isn't the other? Anyway, anyone who thinks that the great state of Texas gives a rat's ass about children doesn't live here. Yep, let's hear it for the bible thumpin' Texans while they're in a "sanctioned" church looking for someone elses spouse to bump!

This is more about seizure of assets than children's rights.

Its not true till someone else besides Fox Reports it...

OK I know it is true, and most likely the correct call. But I still don't care about those wack jobs and think they all suck.

Is your problem with them only that there were suspicions of underage girls having sex, or it more that you don't like them because they are different from you?

The degree of "democracy" on this board is overwhelming. I find it difficult to judge polygamy and not homosexuality. Isn't each a choice? if one is sick, why isn't the other? Anyway, anyone who thinks that the great state of Texas gives a rat's ass about children doesn't live here. Yep, let's hear it for the bible thumpin' Texans while they're in a "sanctioned" church looking for someone elses spouse to bump!

This is more about seizure of assets than children's rights.

The state has a legitimate interest in protecting children, but I can't remember the last time the authorities went in and seized a whole community. The only thing I can think of that even roughly approximates this is Roosevelt's order to round up the japanese americans during WWII.

I thought I had heard a boy had 5 healed breaks in one arm. That should be looked at and any teens pregnant should be investigated, but I think what they did was extreme when they took them all.

I agree. Something's going on in there that warrants looking in to. Also, someone needs to give the ladies a redo. The "Little House on the Prairie" look has gotta' go.

The state has a legitimate interest in protecting children, but I can't remember the last time the authorities went in and seized a whole community. The only thing I can think of that even roughly approximates this is Roosevelt's order to round up the japanese americans during WWII

Then why is the Catholic church still allowed to operate? Also, this isn't the first time this has happened in Texas. Remember Waco? Of course the biggest difference there is that Janet Reno murdered everyone. This will be interesting, because if the Supreme Court upholds the appeals court decision, Texas has a really big civil suit "economic problem". The state suprement court isn't going to let that happen. I can't wait to hear the argument.

The "Little House on the Prairie" look has gotta' go.

I agree. I like the slut look of the dancers on Mun2 much better. It makes me glad that I have more to offer than a blow up doll. It's all choices. Personally I wish that women who have no business wearing spandex or being caught dead in a bathing suit would abstain too, but who gets to make that decision.

Then why is the Catholic church still allowed to operate? Also, this isn't the first time this has happened in Texas. Remember Waco? Of course the biggest difference there is that Janet Reno murdered everyone. This will be interesting, because if the Supreme Court upholds the appeals court decision, Texas has a really big civil suit "economic problem". The state suprement court isn't going to let that happen. I can't wait to hear the argument.

Obviously, I don't support any more Wacos.

I agree. I like the slut look of the dancers on Mun2 much better. It makes me glad that I have more to offer than a blow up doll. It's all choices. Personally I wish that women who have no business wearing spandex or being caught dead in a bathing suit would abstain too, but who gets to make that decision.

Yeah, I see what you mean. How about those hassidic jews in new york? Those black clothes have GOT to go. Tibetan monks robes? Impossible. And nuns habits - middle ages or what?? Round up all these religious people, and make 'em wear decent clothes.

Is your problem with them only that there were suspicions of underage girls having sex, or it more that you don't like them because they are different from you?

why cant it be both? I agreed with the legal decision, does not mean I have to like them personally. I said before, I could care less how many people someone marries. That said the male is dominate, females serve, type roles that are common to me a just dumb. The underage sex and marriage wrong. And I think the kids are so isolated and brainwashed, that they rarely have a chance to ever be there own person or make there own decisions in there life. Thus no, I don't really like them.

And I think the kids are so isolated and brainwashed, that they rarely have a chance to ever be there own person or make there own decisions in there life.

Are we talking polygamy or the public school system?

why cant it be both? I agreed with the legal decision, does not mean I have to like them personally. I said before, I could care less how many people someone marries. That said the male is dominate, females serve, type roles that are common to me a just dumb. The underage sex and marriage wrong. And I think the kids are so isolated and brainwashed, that they rarely have a chance to ever be there own person or make there own decisions in there life. Thus no, I don't really like them.

I guess it can be both - but somehow someone concerned with child welfare who is also a religious bigot is sort of odd.

Werbung:
Someone's gotta ask: who or what is a Mun2?

LOL. It's channel 70 here. It's a bunch of music videos, not in English, that features primarily young women undulating while wearing minimal coverage lets call it, while scary looking men rap. The main difference between these women and a blow up doll, is that the doll can't say something stupid.

Back