The Devil is much better than God

Ahhhhh sorry

Am I a little too forthright in condemning a superstition which has caused untold misery and suffering for thousands of years?

We wouldn't want to upset these hate filled lunatics would we?

Well, yes actually I would

Until they are in a massive minority and then governments can get elected without having to pander to these idiots

HNYTYT

Werbung:
Save me from what? I'm an Atheist. Just not an Anti-Theist... the Atheist version of a religious fundamentalist. I admit the premise is curious but the presentation is horrid. It's your tone... You got it all wrong. You really have to work on that. Enjoy the new year!

I am French and we tend to sound that way to the English.

We thing you have the problem and are too thin skinned.

Regards
DL

Americans tend towards being able to dish it out but not take it

They seem to struggle with the notion that they are nation of gluttonous money worshipping religious fundamentalist warmongers

Who hate other religious fundamentalists for war mongering back

And they hate people who stand up to their mad religion (apologies for the tautology)

If you look at the evidence (yes I know I have lost the christians already) it is obvious that the Devil is much more loving and caring than god

There are no stories of the devil commiting genocide

Or asking his followers to murder their children

Or toruring his followers to make a point

Or turning women to salt for minor infringements

Or drowning whole armies

Or raining down plague after plague on a nation to make a point

Or sending his sone off to be brutally murdered

Or making george Bush

And no wars are started in the name of the devil and no army claims to have the devil on their side

No, there is nothing of this nature reported as being done by the Devil

So the Devil is much better than god

Technically, what your saying is right. The devil has done very little that didn't include human consent, because the devil never forces anyone to do evil. His demons simply infect the imagination. Once the imagination is infected, all sorts of things, some of which are included in your list, come to pass.

Technically, what your saying is right. The devil has done very little that didn't include human consent, because the devil never forces anyone to do evil. His demons simply infect the imagination. Once the imagination is infected, all sorts of things, some of which are included in your list, come to pass.

If I were to say that Satan moved me to destroy people without cause, would I be guilty of a sin?

If God said the same, would he be guilty of a sin?

Regards
DL

If I were to say that Satan moved me to destroy people without cause, would I be guilty of a sin?

If God said the same, would he be guilty of a sin?

Anytime God sought to eliminate certain things, he was totally just. As I said in another post, in the big cases, the people whom he promoted genocide against were not even human. As far as some bozo killing in the name of God, well, God didn't command death in that instance. For instance, God didn't command the Spanish Inquisition.

Anytime God sought to eliminate certain things, he was totally just. As I said in another post, in the big cases, the people whom he promoted genocide against were not even human. As far as some bozo killing in the name of God, well, God didn't command death in that instance. For instance, God didn't command the Spanish Inquisition.

Only a corrupted mind would say that God was justified in torturing King David's baby for 6 days before finally killing it, because of his anger with David.

Your morals suck my friend so I do not see us chatting much.

You do not seem to mind God punishing the innocent instead of the guilty, --- showing how your religion has corrupted your thinking and your moral sense of justice.

Regards
DL

Only a corrupted mind would say that God was justified in torturing King David's baby for 6 days before finally killing it, because of his anger with David.

Your morals suck my friend so I do not see us chatting much.

You do not seem to mind God punishing the innocent instead of the guilty, --- showing how your religion has corrupted your thinking and your moral sense of justice.

Regards
DL

Some hypocrisy exists in religious texts. Nonetheless, that doesn't make non-religious people morally better than the religious. When I say non-religious, I mean people who 90 percent of the time don't practice what they preach or don't preach. They engage in every bad think known to man. Of course thier actions cause all sorts of misery to other people. For instance, a pain pill addict will often drain his/her family out of every dime to pay for his/her habit.

Last edited:
Some hypocrisy exists in religious texts. Nonetheless, that doesn't make non-religious people morally better than the religious. When I say non-religious, I mean people who 90 percent of the time don't practice what they preach or don't preach. They engage in every bad think known to man. Of course thier actions cause all sorts of misery to other people. For instance, a pain pill addict will often drain his/her family out of every dime to pay for his/her habit.

That is a sick view of people and you foolishly ascribe what a small minority does to the large majority.

You are correct in that religious text does not make non-religious people morally better than the religious. But statistics say it does.

So possibly the hypocrisy you see in the text actually contributes to Christian hypocrisy.

Mein Kampf was credited for helping Hitler and the bible I credit for creating hypocrisy in Christians.

I also credit the Ch'ran for helping create jihadists.

Regards
DL

There is good and evil in the world. God gave everyone free will. You can choose which way to go.

That is a sick view of people and you foolishly ascribe what a small minority does to the large majority.

You are correct in that religious text does not make non-religious people morally better than the religious. But statistics say it does.

So possibly the hypocrisy you see in the text actually contributes to Christian hypocrisy.

Mein Kampf was credited for helping Hitler and the bible I credit for creating hypocrisy in Christians.

I also credit the Ch'ran for helping create jihadists.

Regards
DL

The definition of human is to be a hypocrite. All belief systems have some extreme hypocrites. However, it's impossible to avoid believing in something. For instance, Iv'e seen so much extreme hypocrisy from the left and right, that I'm cynical of any idealistic claim. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There is good and evil in the world. God gave everyone free will. You can choose which way to go.

That is quite the lie.

If some could not sin then we would know it. Your Jesus did say that all a believer had to do was believe and he could do what Jesus did and more.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.

Since we do not and cannot help but sin, for your God to punish us for being exactly what he created us to be, would be quite immoral. Right?

Regards
DL

Werbung:
The definition of human is to be a hypocrite. All belief systems have some extreme hypocrites. However, it's impossible to avoid believing in something. For instance, Iv'e seen so much extreme hypocrisy from the left and right, that I'm cynical of any idealistic claim. :rolleyes:

True that we all believe in something.

Some make more sense in what they believe than others.

Some fools believe in a supernatural and creator Gods.

Regards
DL

Back