The Khilafah, is it a choice or required

jb_1430

What is the Khilafah?
The Caliphate as is termed in English is central to islam and an absolute basic necessity.
1. What is Dar al-Islam?

Dar al-Islam is the land where Islamic Law is implemented in all matters of life and ruling and whose security is maintained in the name of Islam even if its citizens are non-Muslims.

2. What is Dar al-Kufr?

Dar al-Kufr is the land where Kufr laws are implemented in matters of life and whose security is maintained in the name of Kufr even if all its citizens are Muslims. This is because the criterion of a region being Dar al-Islam or Dar al-Kufr are the laws that are implemented there, and the security by which it is protected, the criterion is not the religion of its citizens.

3. Which Muslim Countries today are Dar al-Islam?

Out of the Muslim countries of today, there is not a single country or state where Islamic laws are exclusively implemented in ruling and life's affairs; therefore all of them are considered Dar al-Kufr although their citizens are Muslims.

4. What is The Muslims Duty towards His Country?

Islam makes it a duty upon all Muslims to work to change their countries from Dar al-Kufr to Dar al-Islam, and this can be achieved by establishing the Islamic State i.e. the Khilafah, and by electing a Khaleefah and taking a bay'ah on him that he will rule by the Word of Allah (Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala) i.e. he will implement Islamic laws in the country where the Khilafah has been established. Then the Muslims should work with the Khilafah to combine the rest of the Islamic countries with it, hence the countries will become Dar al-Islam and they will then carry Islam to the world through invitation and jihad.

5. What is the Khilafah

The Khilafah is the global leadership for all the Muslims in the world. Its role is to establish the laws of the Islamic Shari‘ah and to carry the da‘wah of Islam to the world.

http://www.risala.org/content/view/89/32/

"invitation and Jihad" Convert or DIE! Pretty much incompatible with individuality, liberty, freedom, democracy and everything we value in the US.

Werbung:
"invitation and Jihad" Convert or DIE! Pretty much incompatible with individuality, liberty, freedom, democracy and everything we value in the US.

I think this is a prime example of your rather one sided view of the Muslim word. I have Muslim friends who don't ever try to convert me, and have no desire to convert me, and embrace liberty, freedom and democracy.

I think this is a prime example of your rather one sided view of the Muslim word. I have Muslim friends who don't ever try to convert me, and have no desire to convert me, and embrace liberty, freedom and democracy.

Weeell, had I offered this as something representative of all Muslims, as opposed to something representative of Hizb ut Tahrir, you might of had a point. I didnt, you dont.
Here is something representative from the University of Michigan.

In accordance with Islam, it is the duty of the Muslims world wide to elect a Khalifah. Such an appointment is seen as a duty (fard) similar to all other duties within Islam. The duty is seen as inevitable, and any divergence from the path is considered a grave sin, and therefore any neglect of this duty will be punished accordingly. The establishment of a Khilafah is seen as vital, because without it Islam cannot possibly be applied.
....Khilafah is one of the most important issues in Islam, many
versus in Quran and many Hadiths of the Prophet ordered Muslims
to establish such a system. Ruling by Islam is the most frequent
issue discussed in Quran after the belief and creed. Therefore,
Khilafah was discussed by many Muslim scholars, the following are
the definition of some of them to Khilafah.

Ibn Khaldoon defined it as: A representation, of the one
who has the right to adopt the divine rules, aimed at
protecting the Deen and ruling the world (Dunia) with it.

Al-Mawirdi defined it as: Succession of the Prophethood
aimed at protecting the Deen and ruling the world (Dunia).
....The establishment of Khilafah is an Islamic duty. There is
a consensus between Muslim scholars about this issue as Al-
Qurtubi said in his Tafseer.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~luqman/Belief/Khilafah/one.html

[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.
http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/koran/koran-idx?type=DIV0&byte=1320

Nothing in any of the Abrahamic faiths are compatable with individuallity, liberty, freedom, or democracy.

I would argue Christianity spawned liberty, freedom and democracy. Hijacked by the Holy roman empire but again flourished in the Protestant reformation and put into practice in the US.

Weeell, had I offered this as something representative of all Muslims, as opposed to something representative of Hizb ut Tahrir, you might of had a point. I didnt, you dont.
Here is something representative from the University of Michigan.

[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.
http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/koran/koran-idx?type=DIV0&byte=1320

This was a command given during a war. It is completely reasonable that during a war one would treat the enemy that way.

Find a verse that indicates this is how it should be for modern times.

This was a command given during a war. It is completely reasonable that during a war one would treat the enemy that way.

Find a verse that indicates this is how it should be for modern times.

Nothing in the verse indicates that it wouldnt apply today. And wars of conquest defined most of muhammad's writing career.

[9.29] Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

Once again though it depends on how much of their religious texts they choose to follow and how they choose to integrate it into their way of life.

Once again though it depends on how much of their religious texts they choose to follow and how they choose to integrate it into their way of life.

It is the Islamic F U N D A M E N T A L I S T who are currently of concern. The ones who adhere to the literal meaning of ALL the written doctrine of the Koran and Haddiths. You seem to point to the fact that all Muslims dont think alike, in response to most anything I have to say about Islam, as if it had any bearing on what I have said.

....The establishment of Khilafah is an Islamic duty. There is
a consensus between Muslim scholars about this issue as Al-
Qurtubi said in his Tafseer.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~luqma...lafah/one.html

This is just wrong.

Not really. Think about it. Submission to authority divine and temperal. Submission to the word and justice of God. Authority and law do not come from man himself or from human societies. There is nothing to encourage and individual to think for himself - indeed, the opposite. Everything works towards submission to a non-elected authority. We are sheep with a shepherd.

I would argue Christianity spawned liberty, freedom and democracy. Hijacked by the Holy roman empire but again flourished in the Protestant reformation and put into practice in the US.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but there is nothing in the Bible that in any way speaks of democracy.

Werbung:

Muslims are the new Jews.
The arguments are pretty much the same when people attack the religion instead of the terror ideology we are really trying to fight.
People pull up historical and scriptural evidence to show the inevitability of evil within the religion and apply them to people living today, regardless of those people's true motivations and feelings.

One does not have to look hard in the OT to find that the Jews were only obligated to help themselves and had double standards even as far as genocide. For hundreds of years, conspiracy theorists and antisemites have used this info as a way to encourage the purging of Jews from populations and the misguided populist movements to divide countrymen.

Now the same BS is being used to villainize Muslims.

Our fight is with the radicals and tribals that want to destroy and control... We need the sane Muslims on our side. We need to stop lumping them altogether using the same crap people have used to attack the Jews for generations.

Back