The price of global US democracy

BigRob- You think that being positivel biased toward a person of your own race is a racist tendency? Perhaps you wouild consider being positively biased toward someone of your religious persuasion would be wrong too?

No Rob, racism is not defined in that way and I think you know it. The simple fact for me is that you are trying to reconcile racist tendencies of Gensen with examples which are very lame. I understand it's a quandary for you and Gen but there's only one thing you can do and that's to bite the bullet and keep your mouths shut. If you continue in the manner that Gensen has introduced you are leaving yourself open to charges of being a racist.

Let's not lose sight of what he said.

Werbung:
BigRob- You think that being positivel biased toward a person of your own race is a racist tendency? Perhaps you wouild consider being positively biased toward someone of your religious persuasion would be wrong too?

No Rob, racism is not defined in that way and I think you know it. The simple fact for me is that you are trying to reconcile racist tendencies of Gensen with examples which are very lame. I understand it's a quandary for you and Gen but there's only one thing you can do and that's to bite the bullet and keep your mouths shut. If you continue in the manner that Gensen has introduced you are leaving yourself open to charges of being a racist.

Let's not lose sight of what he said.

If I take your logic that being positively biased towards someone of your own color is OK, then it would seem to me you would have no problem with a white person showing open favoritism towards another white person, which seems to be a double standard when discussing racism in my opinion.

If I take your logic that being positively biased towards someone of your own color is OK, then it would seem to me you would have no problem with a white person showing open favoritism towards another white person, which seems to be a double standard when discussing racism in my opinion.

Uh, BigRob - you might note and remember Libsmasher's Third Principle:

"EVERYTHING libs say and do about race is riddled with hypocrisy, doubletalk, and double standards."

Yes Rob, it would be a racist tendency but I would have no way to voice my opposition to it in a legitimate way, nor would I even attempt to do so. I would not do so myself of course. This is a 'positive' alienation to those of one's own race and is deemed to be quite acceptable for those who choose to do that.

I think we understand each other's positions on this and I hope you can understand that gensen's position displayed a 'negatively biased comment toward skin colour as opposed to him asserting that he would simply support McCain for his own reasons. I don't think he needs to be defended any further.

I don't think libs has a clue about what we are even talking about but I do recall being warned early on when I came to this forum that 'we don't discuss racism' or something to that effect. I'm beginning to understand now why someone (libs?) thought the warning was necessary.

In any event gensen didn't disguise his intent well enough to prevent the remark from smelling like racism and that's the way it was received by me at least. It's not as if there isn't a basis on which to make such accusations is there, re: the deep south.

In any event gensen didn't disguise his intent well enough to prevent the remark from smelling like racism and that's the way it was received by me at least.

Its nice that you take time away from wishing death on innocent Americans long enough to continue you're slander against me.

258Troll_spray.jpg

Have a nice day.

Its nice that you take time away from wishing death on innocent Americans long enough to continue you're slander against me.

258Troll_spray.jpg

Have a nice day.

Come on Gen, that's not your style is it? You can do better than that. If you think you are going to impress me with childish attacks on my person such as that you are sadly mistaken. In fact if you keep it up I will report it as spam. Please don't.

Rob- It occurred to me that perhaps the reason why nearly all blacks are supporting Obama is because McCain is not worthy of being supported. Could that mean that McCain's support is coming from whites who can't possibly bring themselves to vote for a black man? I'll watch this race carefully from now in order to pick out little proofs to support that theory/guess.

I think it bears some credence with it in the cases of some of the righties on this forum but I never did suspect that you would make your decision on that basis. IN any case Rob, it's become quite a mystery because all I see on Fox news now is them saying that supporting McCain campaign is not going to win it, it's a matter of Obama agaisnt Obama. If you haven't been watching I'll explain further.

Rob- It occurred to me that perhaps the reason why nearly all blacks are supporting Obama is because McCain is not worthy of being supported. Could that mean that McCain's support is coming from whites who can't possibly bring themselves to vote for a black man? I'll watch this race carefully from now in order to pick out little proofs to support that theory/guess.

I do not follow your logic. How is it OK for a black person to support Obama because they do not like McCain, but in the same sentence if a white person supports McCain it is because they are racist and refuse to vote for a black man? Why can't it go both ways?

I do not follow your logic. How is it OK for a black person to support Obama because they do not like McCain, but in the same sentence if a white person supports McCain it is because they are racist and refuse to vote for a black man? Why can't it go both ways?

Do you REALLY want to waste your time trying to talk sense to a PC Race Card robot? :)

I think we are all familiar with accepted rules of what is allowable and what is not Rob. I tried to explain that I thought that what what blacks who support Obama because he's black are doing is something different from what Gensen is trying to do. He was out of line when he brought up Obama's skin colour.

In truth Rob, to take it a little further in the interest of understanding it, it appears to me that Obama has so dramaitacally outclassed McCain on all counts that the only explanation for why Obama is not leading by 30 points is because he's black. Are you interested in dispelling that suspicion or just letting in go and acknowledging it?

In truth Rob, to take it a little further in the interest of understanding it, it appears to me that Obama has so dramaitacally outclassed McCain on all counts that the only explanation for why Obama is not leading by 30 points is because he's black. Are you interested in dispelling that suspicion or just letting in go and acknowledging it?

I think to make this claim and offer no evidence amounts to nothing more than meaningless conjecture.

Plenty of people dislike Obama for his policies. If if it was someone like John Edwards saying the same thing people would still dislike him. Color has little, if any, to do with why people do not like him, at least in many republican circles.

Obama has outclassed McCain?

What, exactly, has Obama done that qualifies him to be president? What experience does he have?

You may or may not like his stance on the issues, but I don't think anyone can argue that he has outclassed McCain in his background and experience.

Obama would most likely not be leading at all were he all white. I can't prove that, of course, but then, you can't prove your statement either.

Obama has far outclassed McCane. Obama's tour showed that he could bring back the sentiments of the world for the US because the world is still forgiving enough even after the horrors of the Bush admin. The people of the US should recognize that is one of the most important jobs to be done by a president now. This could be American once again declaring it's interdependence with the rest of the world.

Now it is only a questoin of dirty politics and negativism being able to work for McCane. It appears from an outsider's POV that McCane has nothing else going for him.

Obama has far outclassed McCane. Obama's tour showed that he could bring back the sentiments of the world for the US because the world is still forgiving enough even after the horrors of the Bush admin. The people of the US should recognize that is one of the most important jobs to be done by a president now. This could be American once again declaring it's interdependence with the rest of the world.

Now it is only a questoin of dirty politics and negativism being able to work for McCane. It appears from an outsider's POV that McCane has nothing else going for him.

Obama has shown that he can make nice speeches and get the support of his listeners.

What experience does he have that qualifies him to lead the most powerful military on Earth? What experience does he have that qualifies him to be president?

Obama has shown that he can make nice speeches and get the support of his listeners.

What experience does he have that qualifies him to lead the most powerful military on Earth? What experience does he have that qualifies him to be president?

You're doing nothing more than parroting the Fox New line of b.s. A leader needs to be able to lead and that's something that comes less with experience on which he is going to be advised on by his many advisers and more from a inherent capability to lead. A CEO of a private company in the automobile industry for instance doesn't need to know how to build a car or how to program a production line, he knows how to choose the appropriate people who can do all those jobs.

If you don't support Obama you are not going to be happy with that answer but you will need to lie to yourself if you are anywhere near aware of the responsibilities involved in leadership. Suffice to say that a pretty face who is given good speeches by speech writeres will do half the job. The other half of the job for him is the ability to think on his feet. Obama is your mand for that. Democrat policy makers will make the right decisions and that is the question you should be concerned about now. If you think the Dems won't make the right decisions then you should not vote for the Dems.

Werbung:
You're doing nothing more than parroting the Fox New line of b.s. A leader needs to be able to lead and that's something that comes less with experience on which he is going to be advised on by his many advisers and more from a inherent capability to lead. A CEO of a private company in the automobile industry for instance doesn't need to know how to build a car or how to program a production line, he knows how to choose the appropriate people who can do all those jobs.

If you don't support Obama you are not going to be happy with that answer but you will need to lie to yourself if you are anywhere near aware of the responsibilities involved in leadership. Suffice to say that a pretty face who is given good speeches by speech writeres will do half the job. The other half of the job for him is the ability to think on his feet. Obama is your mand for that. Democrat policy makers will make the right decisions and that is the question you should be concerned about now. If you think the Dems won't make the right decisions then you should not vote for the Dems.

The CEO of a private company may not need to know how to build whatever the business he is running is building, but he'd better have some leadership and financial experience, or his company is likely to go down the tubes. Of course, the COE business being what it is, he'll still get a mega multi million dollar golden parachute, but the ordinary workers will be screwed.

You're not able to answer the question, of course. The only answer to the question I posed is that he does not have the experience to run a country. Maybe he will learn on the job, or maybe he will pick advisors who know what to do. I sincerely hope he does, as it looks like he will be elected.

When Clinton was busy lying under oath about his sexual pecadillos, I thought that the presidency had sunk as low as it could. I was wrong about that, of course, as we all know now. Now, we're all hoping that the next pres will not be worse than the one we have currently. I'm not sure just how we're going to know whether or not he is until after the election.

Back