The Worst President in History?

Have you ever heard of a little thing called Reconstruction?

You know the stereotyped vision of "playground politics?" You have the bullies and the kids who continuously get wedgies (amongst others). Andrew Jackson was the latter and wealthy southern slave owners were the former. Once he became President he did what he could to get to revenge - and subsequently circumvented any responsibility for the country's well-being.

Werbung:
Actually it's pretty much over. He's a lame duck president without control of Congress any longer. But atleast he's got that nice new Budget Plan that call for 1.5 Billion in cuts to Education while giving 9.7 billion in tax breaks to Cox Cable. 826 MIllion in tax breaks for Nordstrom, while cutting 630 million from Community Service Block Grants. Or my favorite, 32 billion in tax breaks ove the next 10 years for Walmart. and how is that balanced? by cutting 28 billion from Medicaid

Most all of it is a waste of tax dollars, but for you to sit there defending the wasting of money on education is textbook pathetic. Education and social programs are not the duty of the federal government, it is in the purview of the States. I guess all that education didn't do you any good, since you don't know the simplest information about the functions of government. The Federal government was established for the common defense and to maintain the union, and that is all it is for. Just because it's been bastardized over the course of 200+ years doesn't change the truth.

Most all of it is a waste of tax dollars, but for you to sit there defending the wasting of money on education is textbook pathetic. Education and social programs are not the duty of the federal government, it is in the purview of the States. I guess all that education didn't do you any good, since you don't know the simplest information about the functions of government. The Federal government was established for the common defense and to maintain the union, and that is all it is for. Just because it's been bastardized over the course of 200+ years doesn't change the truth.

I'd pick "wasting" our money on education and social programs than corporate welfare anyday. Unfortunately, we didn't get the choice to distribute that money properly on education or otherwise because it's already going to giant corporations. $32 billion dollars is better spent preparing our children for the future or immigration reform or tax reform, etc. than making sure Wal Mart has the edge on their competition.

Yeah... me wanna hear it! :p

Allright, I understand why America is bizarro world, I understand where we whent wrong. I know how America turned crazy. Jimmy Carter's big wimpout in the hostage crisis is what did it.

That's what drove America crazy.

We had the bad luck to have as president during the hostage crisis, this freak, Jimmy Carter. What a piece of work he was. Americans knew he was a Christian, but they didn't know he was the kind of pacifist Christian that actually believed in turning the other cheek when you're hit. All our presidents were churchgoers, but I don't think we've ever had a president who actually bought that nonsense, and I hope that we never do again. Nixon, for example, was a Quaker but he wasn't exactly what you'd call a "pacifist."

Now its real easy to just blame the Democrats, but but before Carter our Democrat presidents had been damn fine war leaders. Wilson, FDR, Truman, when it was time to fight they went in with both fists flying. Even LBJ can't be faulted for squeamishness. He may not have fought smart in Nam, but he was no peacenik, turn-the-other-cheek freak.

Carter was a whole different animal from those guys. He didn't threaten the hostage takers, he "negotiated." Meaning, he begged. "Please, Mister Khomeini, can we have our hostages back?"

It must have been the lowest point in American history.

And Carter settled for embargoing oil from Iran. Meaning my parents had to pay double for gas. Oh, and he froze some of their assets. Which must've really hurt, because now that oil prices shot up, the mullahs were rolling in rials.

Americans didn't know it then, but Carter was some sort of sick Gandhi mutant version of a Southern Baptist. The most expensive armed forces in history were just dying to make those bearded bastards pay, (Ask Roker), and Carter sat back and tried talking to them nicely. We could have done things that would make our name feared throughout history. We could have made them forget Genghis Khan, who was responsible for turning Eastern Iran into the moonscape it still is today.

Imagine if Carter had just announced that we were going to nuke Khomeini's "holy city," Qum, if the hostages weren't released. And do it. Then announce we were going to nuke another, bigger city-and do it. And keep doing it, going from smaller to bigger Iranian cities until Tehran was the only one left. Then, if the idiots didn't let the hostages go, sadly announce that all the hostages were brutally butchered, and seal Tehran underneath hot, radioactive glass.

I guarantee you we wouldn't be having our current problems if we'd done that 25 years ago.

Ever since then, America has been so scared of sounding weak that we keep falling for the chickenhawks who woof the loudest, even when it's obvious they don't have a clue about war or national power.

Just compare the two Bushes: Bush Senior engineered our greatest victory since 1945 in Gulf War One, and he was voted out. He was a real vet, a pilot who'd been shot down in WW II, but he didn't know how to strut, how to woof. People didn't take to him, and didn't care that he brought us a glorious victory. He couldn't woof, so we got rid of him.

Whereas people still love his worthless son, even though that fool has led us into our most disastrous military failure in history. They'd rather have a noisy chickenhawk than a quiet hero, they'd rather have Dubya than his dad.

The trouble is that guys who are good at woofing generally believe their own noise. So Dubya actually believes all that "bring it on!" crap. His dad, the real hero, warned him not to occupy Iraq. Dad was an old style paleocon; he was thinking about keeping America strong and safe during and after the war. Dubya and his handlers don't give a damn about America, never did. They're in love with their own noise. And we're in love with it too, following it right down the toilet.

It didn't have to be this way. If any other president we ever had had been in the Oval Office when the hostage crisis went down, we'd have had the Mullahs begging us to take back our diplomats and Khomeini's "holy city" of Qum would be a lake of molten glass, or at the very least a bombed out rubble. But we had Jimmy Carter, a man who once got attacked by a rabbit. And that's what drove us into the arms of sleazy neo conmen like Cheney and Dubya, who know too much about how to fool the suckers back home and not a damn thing about the big, bad world.

And who suckered us into invading Iraq? You guessed it: Iran, by sending double agents like Chalabi to tell the Neocons it was going to be a "cakewalk." Meanwhile, our forces are so bogged down by an Iranian influenced insurgency that we really can't threaten Iran anymore. They're still ****ing with America, and ****ing us hard.

Now all Iran has to do is wait a few years and stroll into the oil fields of Basra. Without firing a shot, Iran gets all of Shi'ite Iraq, 60% of the Iraqi population and two thirds of the oil reserves. And America will be stuck with even more shrill chickenhawks pissing the nation's power and might away.

The result: Game, set and match to the Mullahs.

I'd pick "wasting" our money on education and social programs than corporate welfare anyday. Unfortunately, we didn't get the choice to distribute that money properly on education or otherwise because it's already going to giant corporations. $32 billion dollars is better spent preparing our children for the future or immigration reform or tax reform, etc. than making sure Wal Mart has the edge on their competition.

I'd pick lowering taxes and eliminating departments.

Allright, I understand why America is bizarro world, I understand where we whent wrong. I know how America turned crazy. Jimmy Carter's big wimpout in the hostage crisis is what did it.

That's what drove America crazy.

We had the bad luck to have as president during the hostage crisis, this freak, Jimmy Carter. What a piece of work he was. Americans knew he was a Christian, but they didn't know he was the kind of pacifist Christian that actually believed in turning the other cheek when you're hit. All our presidents were churchgoers, but I don't think we've ever had a president who actually bought that nonsense, and I hope that we never do again. Nixon, for example, was a Quaker but he wasn't exactly what you'd call a "pacifist."

Now its real easy to just blame the Democrats, but but before Carter our Democrat presidents had been damn fine war leaders. Wilson, FDR, Truman, when it was time to fight they went in with both fists flying. Even LBJ can't be faulted for squeamishness. He may not have fought smart in Nam, but he was no peacenik, turn-the-other-cheek freak.

Carter was a whole different animal from those guys. He didn't threaten the hostage takers, he "negotiated." Meaning, he begged. "Please, Mister Khomeini, can we have our hostages back?"

It must have been the lowest point in American history.

And Carter settled for embargoing oil from Iran. Meaning my parents had to pay double for gas. Oh, and he froze some of their assets. Which must've really hurt, because now that oil prices shot up, the mullahs were rolling in rials.

Americans didn't know it then, but Carter was some sort of sick Gandhi mutant version of a Southern Baptist. The most expensive armed forces in history were just dying to make those bearded bastards pay, (Ask Roker), and Carter sat back and tried talking to them nicely. We could have done things that would make our name feared throughout history. We could have made them forget Genghis Khan, who was responsible for turning Eastern Iran into the moonscape it still is today.

Imagine if Carter had just announced that we were going to nuke Khomeini's "holy city," Qum, if the hostages weren't released. And do it. Then announce we were going to nuke another, bigger city-and do it. And keep doing it, going from smaller to bigger Iranian cities until Tehran was the only one left. Then, if the idiots didn't let the hostages go, sadly announce that all the hostages were brutally butchered, and seal Tehran underneath hot, radioactive glass.

I guarantee you we wouldn't be having our current problems if we'd done that 25 years ago.

Ever since then, America has been so scared of sounding weak that we keep falling for the chickenhawks who woof the loudest, even when it's obvious they don't have a clue about war or national power.

Just compare the two Bushes: Bush Senior engineered our greatest victory since 1945 in Gulf War One, and he was voted out. He was a real vet, a pilot who'd been shot down in WW II, but he didn't know how to strut, how to woof. People didn't take to him, and didn't care that he brought us a glorious victory. He couldn't woof, so we got rid of him.

Whereas people still love his worthless son, even though that fool has led us into our most disastrous military failure in history. They'd rather have a noisy chickenhawk than a quiet hero, they'd rather have Dubya than his dad.

The trouble is that guys who are good at woofing generally believe their own noise. So Dubya actually believes all that "bring it on!" crap. His dad, the real hero, warned him not to occupy Iraq. Dad was an old style paleocon; he was thinking about keeping America strong and safe during and after the war. Dubya and his handlers don't give a damn about America, never did. They're in love with their own noise. And we're in love with it too, following it right down the toilet.

It didn't have to be this way. If any other president we ever had had been in the Oval Office when the hostage crisis went down, we'd have had the Mullahs begging us to take back our diplomats and Khomeini's "holy city" of Qum would be a lake of molten glass, or at the very least a bombed out rubble. But we had Jimmy Carter, a man who once got attacked by a rabbit. And that's what drove us into the arms of sleazy neo conmen like Cheney and Dubya, who know too much about how to fool the suckers back home and not a damn thing about the big, bad world.

And who suckered us into invading Iraq? You guessed it: Iran, by sending double agents like Chalabi to tell the Neocons it was going to be a "cakewalk." Meanwhile, our forces are so bogged down by an Iranian influenced insurgency that we really can't threaten Iran anymore. They're still ****ing with America, and ****ing us hard.

Now all Iran has to do is wait a few years and stroll into the oil fields of Basra. Without firing a shot, Iran gets all of Shi'ite Iraq, 60% of the Iraqi population and two thirds of the oil reserves. And America will be stuck with even more shrill chickenhawks pissing the nation's power and might away.

The result: Game, set and match to the Mullahs.

Carter Doctrine from last State of the Union:

Let our position be absolutely clear: An attempt by any outside force to gain control of the Persian Gulf region will be regarded as an assault on the vital interests of the United States of America, and such an assault will be repelled by any means necessary, including military force.

Similar to my recent post in the "Best Presidents" thread, I have discovered the "Historical Rankings of United States Presidents" page on Wikipedia. Turns out that, according to them, Warren G. Harding was the worst Prez in our history, with Buchanan trailing not too far behind.

Of note: Richard Nixon is listed as 32nd out of 42.

Best and worst US Prez's

The peanut farmer was the most incompetent Prez in US History. During his adminstration:
1. The unempoyment rate exceeded 10%.
2. The inflation rate excedded 10%
3. Home mortgage interest rates exceeded 16%
(Carter is the only Prez in history to score a triple double)
4. He pledged to cut the bureaucracy and instead added to it. (Was this a lie)?
5. He gutted the military and intelligence.
6. He increased the deficit (But so has every Prez since)
7. He was percieved as a pansy ass militarily. (Remember the US embassy hostages were held for 444 days and they were released 20 minutes after Reagan took the oath of office)
8. He started a new cabinet position, the Department of Education, which has furthered the federal interference in public schools and hastened their deterioration.
Anyone remember the "Misery Index"?
Anyone remember that Billy Carter was a registered agent for Libya while bro was in the oval office?
Anyone remember this phrase "Keep the canal. Give away Carter"?
The most dangerous Prez in US history was LBJ. During his admin:
1. Our currency was removed from the gold standard.
2. Social Security was gutted to pay for Vietnam and the "great" society.
3. A dangerous precedent was established of having politicos run a war. (Anyone remember Robert McNamara)?
4. The "Great" Society began, which has been a dismal and utter failure and still bleeds the economy after 40 years.
5. LBJ ran the printing presses day and night which laid the groundwork for future inflation.
6. LBJ needed even more money so he decided to sell some Fed buildings and not build new ones. We are still paying on leases 40 years after this bone headed decision.
7. LBJ was elected with 61% of the popluar vote in 1964. By 1967 he was so unpopular, he decided not to run in 1968.
8. LBJ was so hated in his own party that he had to solicit help from the Republicans to pass the Civil Rights act.
9. LBJ removed all valuable metal content from our coinage.
The biggest sex pervert in the history of US Prez's was ..... (do I even need to fill in this blank)?
The worst Prez on border security is GWB.
The closest we have had to a king as Prez was FDR. He issued over 4000 executive orders. (Modern prez's average maybe 300)
The worst Prez for selling pardons to criminals was ..... (no need to fill in this one, either)
Probably the best Prez's in history are both long gone:
George Washington could have been crowned king and chose to step away.
Abraham Lincoln held the Union together during it's darkest hours and managed to abolish one of the last holdovers from European colonialism (slavery).
Shiftiest looking Prez: Has to be Richard Milhouse with that day old growth. Even today when a day old growth is cool, he would still look shifty.
Biggest liar in the oval office ..... Slick again.

Similar to my recent post in the "Best Presidents" thread, I have discovered the "Historical Rankings of United States Presidents" page on Wikipedia. Turns out that, according to them, Warren G. Harding was the worst Prez in our history, with Buchanan trailing not too far behind.

Of note: Richard Nixon is listed as 32nd out of 42.

That's a load of crap. Harding? I'd probably put him in my top half. Buchanan belongs there, but in my opinion, Johnson was the worst president in this country's history.

Werbung:
4. The "Great" Society began, which has been a dismal and utter failure and still bleeds the economy after 40 years.
5. LBJ ran the printing presses day and night which laid the groundwork for future inflation.
6. LBJ needed even more money so he decided to sell some Fed buildings and not build new ones. We are still paying on leases 40 years after this bone headed decision.

This is what I was trying to tell vyo in the "worst pres" thread.

Back