Threads Merged: Obama Nobel Prize

Re: America,s Haters give Obama PIECE prize!!!

Still our fighting men and women are dying while he plays a "pick -up - basketball" game.
golfanyone.jpg

Werbung:
Re: Msnbc laughing @ Obama's Nobel prize

in this clip he says he is a moderate

there are not very many conservatives out there and he sure isnt one of them

learn to listen, he said Rush Says I am a moderate and the white house says Im a...'

Rush says, not he says. He is a better more true conservitive then Rush...Rush is just a blowhard who changes with the wind.

"In foreign policy, is the United States still willing to stand up, alone if necessary, to protect human rights in Bosnia, in Iraq, and in Afghanistan? Obama will curb this unruly independence and mold it within the fabric of appeasement that has dominated Europe for the past half a century."

Why not North Korea, Dick?

North Korea has violated its international agreements, has an equal if not more totalitarian regime to Saddam's former regime, and it actually has WMDs.

When do we liberate North Korea, Righties? What's the hold up?

HEY, obama sent slick willie over there to solve all our problems but word has it slick got his zipper stuck on a thong and stained another blue dress and some Korean carpet! Slick now is looking for a "piece " award!! lol,lol

learn to listen, he said Rush Says I am a moderate and the white house says Im a...'

Rush says, not he says. He is a better more true conservitive then Rush...Rush is just a blowhard who changes with the wind.

Ill listen again

I dont know the man well at all, what about him is conservative?

Is he for lower taxes, less spending, reduction in government programs and reducing government all together?

that is at least to me what a conservative is where money is concerned.

Social conservative is something differnt, you can be both but its rare. I only care about the spending myself

Well I can't stop them and I wouldn't want to either. I think it's fitting and telling, Really I do!

No single American I can think of comes to mind as more deserving of an award given to flakes like jimmy and AlGore.

Now I can think of some terrorists and terrorist supporters who could get this award.....
Gee....lemme guess.....

01anorth.jpg

:rolleyes:

"The National Security Archive obtained the hand-written notebooks of Oliver North, the National Security Council aide who helped run the contra war and other Reagan administration covert operations, through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed in 1989. The notebooks, as well as declassified memos sent to North, record that North was repeatedly informed of contra ties to drug trafficking."

Re: Celebrating The Audacity of Hope - Obama and the Nobel Peace Prize

Celebrating The Audacity of Hope

In a truly stunning decision, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has awarded President Barack Obama the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize.

Coming a mere eight months into the first year of his presidency, the Prize is as unprecedented as it is surprising. Following the embarrassment of failing to win the 2016 Olympics for his hometown Chicago, with reports that French President Nikolas Sarkozy views him as "naive", while the dollar continues to be mercilessly pounded in global currency trading, assailed across the political spectrum over what route to take in the deepening quagmire of Afghanistan as health care reform remains trapped in the legislative lurch on Capitol Hill, the Prize is a moment of sweet respite for an otherwise beleaguered Obama.

Characterized by some analysts as "encouragement" for the President's initiatives to rewarding the new "tone" in Washington, the Nobel Committee's statement sited Obama's "...extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

"Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role..." the Committee said approvingly. Pointing to the inspirational force of his presidency, the Committee reverently stated, "Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population."

Touting their hundred-plus years promoting the idea of a global community that subordinates state sovereignty and national interests to an international consensus on the common good of mankind, the Committee proudly crowned Obama as "the world's leading spokesman."

Yes, Mr. President; they love you. They really love you.

Yet, let there be no mistake. The Nobel Committee awarded the Peace Prize not to Barack Obama, President of the United States, but rather Barack Obama, Citizen of the World.

While bowing, both literally as well as metaphorically, before his peers among the ranks of world leaders may endear him to global elites, it does nothing for his standing with the people he has sworn to serve and lead.

Lest there be some confusion amidst the starry-eyed faithful in Oslo and the White House, that would be the American people and not the newly hopeful global masses.

Yes, the President should be commended for seeking cooperation and consensus where common ground can be found. Moreover, the objective reality of the moment requires America adroitly use diplomacy to advance its interests in the face of the limitations imposed by an anemic economy, a skyrocketing fiscal deficit and a military spread thin from the Mesopotamian cradle to the heart of the Hindu Kush.

While the Nobel Committee alludes to Obama's humility on the world stage, he is by no means the first American president to recognize it as a virtue in international affairs. However, though a virtue it may well be, it does not entail sacrificing the national interests of one's nation. Might I be so bold as to suggest the President familiarize himself with the words of one of his esteemed predecessor's, Teddy Roosevelt.

Setting the tone for a humble foreign policy buttressed by a steely resolve to defend the nation's interests, the 26th President famously adopted the African proverb, "Speak softly and carry a big stick" as his mantra.

However advisable this may be, though, one must be willing to wield the big stick on those occasions when appropriate. Only in doing so, can they expect to be taken seriously and respected when speaking softly. Though eagerly practicing the later, Obama has yet to demonstrate any inclination whatsoever for the former. While this has resulted in the President's personal popularity soaring among his global peers and admirers, America's credibility, influence and prestige has correspondingly collapsed.

In addition to encouraging America's new found modesty, Obama's selection is also a final repudiation of the Bush administration. Ironically, a parting shot in the name of peace, if you will.

Viewing Bush as a cartoon caricature of a cowboy eager to shoot first and negotiate later, global elites roundly condemned America during his term for what they viewed as unrepentant and heavy-handed unilateralism. Obama's Prize is the crowning jewel in a trio of anti-Bush award winners that include Al Gore and Jimmy Carter. One might justifiably expect the President to be comfortable to be counted among the ranks of these Liberal luminaries and stalwarts of American obeisance.

In the end, the Committee in Oslo celebrated substitution over substance; hailing Obama's abandonment of America's traditional position of preeminence in the international arena for a one of hope-inspiring deference. Indeed, perhaps the Liberal dream of a global kumbayah moment is not so far away after all.

Is that John Lennon I hear ringing on high?

Alas, the audacity of global hope has trumped the primacy of America's national interests.

And it and the President have been richly rewarded as a result.

Now what was the amount of the Prize again, faithful readers? Was that 1.4 million dollars or 30 silver pieces? Stay tuned for further updates as events warrant and we watch as the President humbly receives his Prize to the cheers and accolades of billions the world over.

ATTN: WORLD!!!
YOU do not know just who or what your dealing with. Lucifer has landed! We in AMERICA did not take this character seriously. The last thing we saw with ears that big was in a cartoon. No way would America elect him president ! BUT AMERICA was slipped a "MICKEY" and the comics have begun in our white hut! Most Americans thought ACORNS were just SQUIRREL food never believing acorns could harvest a nut that America would swallow. Now , we find ourselves in a mess. We have him as president , he neither knows how to lead or how to read our Constitution . Like an angry baby with a dirty diaper he insists on "change ". To prove our stupidity we voted for change and what we received is useless non sense.In addition this 'MICKEY " is encouraged by several other rodents ,each as greedy and as disloyal to our Constitution as the other and are tagged as democrat or republican .The democrat party contains most of the rodents .We expect the wise and loyal American Voters will rise up in 2010 & 2012, clean up our dirty congress and return "MICKEY " along with his "prompter" to Norway where he and his " noball piece " prize can live in shame . And WE thought G.W. Bush turned rotten !!

Yes, The America Hater NOBEL ,gave Obama a "PIECE" prize for taking huge steps to DESTROY AMERICA! The PIECE AWARD , so named because it symbolizes the PIECES of our CONSTITUTION that Barack Hussien Obama has SHREDDED in only nine months. NOBEL , the creator of DYNAMITE!! , the FATHER of destruction and a hero to William Ayers another HATER of AMERICA .This dishonorable group could not have made a choice that reflects their agenda any better. I am positive that Obama will resolve to work harder and more devious to hasten the day America falls to fascism . With our Economy in a free fall, with our Military not knowning what their Commander - in Chief is thinking or which side he is on , When their President cannot make decisions necessary to save their lives, when he schedules "pick -up"- basketball games with members of our Congress but cannot make decisions , one wonders , where is his heart and mind? Yes, our enemies honor him while our Nation sits in total disbelief. My GOD, what have we done ? Where is our Nation headed ?, How much longer can AMERICA accept failed leadership?
YES, AMERICA has gone LOONEY TUNES!!

Unlike "always wrong" here the world knows a good leader when they see it just like the American people themselves did by a large number. Congrats Mr. President America is proud of you!

San Diego Padres baseball team wins the 2010 World Series!!!

I remarked to my 11-year-old son that it was strange that President Obama had gotten the Nobel Peace Prize, when he hadn't been in office for even a year, and none of the things he had tried, had worked yet. I pointed out that maybe someday they would work, and maybe he would deserve the Peace Prize then. But it was strange he was getting it now.

A little too complex for my 11-year old. So I used a different description.

Suppose at the beginning of the next Major League Baseball season in the Spring of 2010, the local San Diego Padres came to their first scheduled game. They start playing, and after three innings the score is still 0-0.

At that point the Baseball Commissioner stands up, grabs a mike, and announces that the Padres have won the World Series for that baseball season. They will henceforth be called the 2010 World Series Champions.

People are astounded. Hey, they say, the Padres have barely begun playing; and the efforts they have made so far have been completely unsuccessful. The game isn't over, of course, and neither is the season, they are just getting started, and maybe they will start succeeding pretty soon. Maybe by October 2010 the Padres will deserve to be called World Series Champions - it could happen. No one can prove it won't. The fact that the Padres finished some 20 games out of first place the previous season, doesn't mean they will finish that way again in 2010.

The Baseball Commissioner gives the following explanation:

"The Padres have made every effort to win the Championship possible. They are sincerely trying their hardest to win every game. And this after a previous season of great difficulty. We are giving them this prize in order to encourage them, and every other team, to continue putting out the great effort for such a good cause."

-----------------------------------------

NOW do you understand why Obama has won the Nobel Peace Prize?

Me neither.

:confused:

Re: San Diego Padres baseball team wins the 2010 World Series!!!

I remarked to my 11-year-old son that it was strange that President Obama had gotten the Nobel Peace Prize, when he hadn't been in office for even a year, and none of the things he had tried, had worked yet. I pointed out that maybe someday they would work, and maybe he would deserve the Peace Prize then. But it was strange he was getting it now.

A little too complex for my 11-year old. So I used a different description.

Suppose at the beginning of the next Major League Baseball season in the Spring of 2010, the local San Diego Padres came to their first scheduled game. They start playing, and after three innings the score is still 0-0.

At that point the Baseball Commissioner stands up, grabs a mike, and announces that the Padres have won the World Series for that baseball season. They will henceforth be called the 2010 World Series Champions.

People are astounded. Hey, they say, the Padres have barely begun playing; and the efforts they have made so far have been completely unsuccessful. The game isn't over, of course, and neither is the season, they are just getting started, and maybe they will start succeeding pretty soon. Maybe by October 2010 the Padres will deserve to be called World Series Champions - it could happen. No one can prove it won't. The fact that the Padres finished some 20 games out of first place the previous season, doesn't mean they will finish that way again in 2010.

The Baseball Commissioner gives the following explanation:

"The Padres have made every effort to win the Championship possible. They are sincerely trying their hardest to win every game. And this after a previous season of great difficulty. We are giving them this prize in order to encourage them, and every other team, to continue putting out the great effort for such a good cause."

-----------------------------------------

NOW do you understand why Obama has won the Nobel Peace Prize?

Me neither.

:confused:

Interesting that you're trying to brainwash your son. You know, often attempts of that sort end up having the opposite effect. Lets hope that's true in your son's case and he turns out to be a proud progressive.

Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

You're (quite) obviously thinking of the Nixon Whitehouse.​

Well, yes Obama deserves to be linked with Jewish Hater Carter, ALGORE who will do and say anything for money . Algore will preach global warming until hell freezes over and then blame Bush for not letting him escape from all the heat! BUT the BIGGEST SHAME concerning this useless nobel piece award is the tremendous shame America must share because when you cut thru all the fog-he is our president, it is our sin , our shame, that allowed the event to happen.

Werbung:
OK Folks, instead of having half a dozen different threads on the same subject I am going to merge them.

As a personal note, while I generally support the President, I dont think his actions to this point warrant such an honor. I was quite surprised to be honest.

Back