Transcript of Obama's school speech

Here is what is really hilarious.

Democrats, then the majority party in Congress, not only denounced Bush's speech -- they also ordered the General Accounting Office to investigate its production and later summoned top Bush administration officials to Capitol Hill for an extensive hearing on the issue.

Democrats did not stop with words. Rep. William Ford, then chairman of the House Education and Labor Committee, ordered the General Accounting Office to investigate the cost and legality of Bush's appearance.

The National Education Association denounced the speech, saying it "cannot endorse a president who spends $26,000 of taxpayers' money on a staged media event at Alice Deal Junior High School in Washington, D.C.

Somehow the NEA managed to not only endorse Obama, but call this speech "historic." Historic, even though he is doing exactly what Bush did in 1991....

Werbung:

Somehow the NEA managed to not only endorse Obama, but call this speech "historic." Historic, even though he is doing exactly what Bush did in 1991....

Surely the reason that the NEA called President Obamas speech "HISTORIC" isn't lost on you :rolleyes:
I know that you know the reason that Obama's speeches were considered laden with more 'HISTORIC VALUE' then G.W.B.'s and it had nothing at all to do with #41's topic/time/place either.
"do-do-do-do do-do-do"...humming the theme song of JEAPORDY...LOL

Surely the reason that the NEA called President Obamas speech "HISTORIC" isn't lost on you :rolleyes:

Actually it is lost on me. Bush's speech talked about such horrific things like staying in school, and not doing drugs. Perhaps the NEA disagrees with those positions?

Text of 1991 speech.

If you want to claim it is historic because of race, then how can you justify blasting a white President for giving more or less the same speech? Seems somewhat racist does it not?

I know that you know the reason that Obama's speeches were considered laden with more 'HISTORIC VALUE' then G.W.B.'s and it had nothing at all to do with #41's topic/time/place either.
"do-do-do-do do-do-do"...humming the theme song of JEAPORDY...LOL

So, is it race then?

and right wing nuts ( cough cough on this board) called it like Hitler before i even happened....though Bush did it...( and Reagan ) the a amout of mindless hate for such a small thing is realy scary

Actually it is lost on me. Bush's speech talked about such horrific things like staying in school, and not doing drugs. Perhaps the NEA disagrees with those positions?

Text of 1991 speech.

If you want to claim it is historic because of race, then how can you justify blasting a white President for giving more or less the same speech? Seems somewhat racist does it not?
So, is it race then?

I have to admit that George's speech (thank you for posting the link) was one of the few things he ever said that I appreciated--our kids were not prevented from hearing what he had to say.

and right wing nuts ( cough cough on this board) called it like Hitler before i even happened....though Bush did it...( and Reagan ) the a amout of mindless hate for such a small thing is realy scary

Reagan's speech was full of policy, but Bush's was not in 1991.

The mindless hate is running rampant on both sides.

This is hilarious. Obama gives an 'encouragement' speech today for students to do well and stay in school and not quit.

But what happens to them after school. Do you really think, by the way the Obama administration vilifies the successful people and goes after profitable corporations will motivate them to go out and conquer the world?

What about his philosophy of "spreading the wealth" So if one kid does good in college, because he didn't party, and one sucked, because he partied, the one who is successful and makes good decisions should have his money, taken from him, and given to the partier?

Yeah. That makes a lot of sense.

Let's see, you have a pay czar that will regulate just how much they can make.
Yep. they better get the best education they can get so they can be held back by the f_____in' govt.

This is so laughable.

What a load of crap.

And doesn't that just fit right into the Karl Rove playbook?

The pubbies haven't changed. It's this sort of complete & obvious nonsense that should make any thinking neutral person move further away from the Republican Party.

The President of the United States of America takes the time to encourage kids to work hard, be respectful & stay in school... and the Republican Party bashes him for it. Seriously... who in their right mind wants to be like that?

The fact that it's something very standard that other Presidents like Reagan & Bush have done just makes the whole fearmonger move here just that much more heinous. These are just not good fair people that would act like this.

And doesn't that just fit right into the Karl Rove playbook?

The pubbies haven't changed. It's this sort of complete & obvious nonsense that should make any thinking neutral person move further away from the Republican Party.

The President of the United States of America takes the time to encourage kids to work hard, be respectful & stay in school... and the Republican Party bashes him for it. Seriously... who in their right mind wants to be like that?

Is this a joke? I mean Bush in 1991 told kids not to do drugs and stay in school and Democrats held hearings about it. Yea, who in their right mind is like that?

The fact that it's something very standard that other Presidents like Reagan & Bush have done just makes the whole fearmonger move here just that much more heinous. These are just not good fair people that would act like this.

Not good people, like certain Congressman, the NEA, all of which in 1991 blasted President Bush for telling kids not to do drugs?

It is pure politics, same as always, both sides are guilty of it.

This coming from the 'cheerleader' who encouraged the likes of BOOBtheBuilder and continues to call our newly elected president 'vile/childish/hateful names'...and you have the 'BALLS' to call me nasty:eek: You need to grow the hell up and take a good hard look in that MIRROR...some self examination is long past your growth/maturity needs!!!

Yet, when you can't ague with the LOGIC you yell..."she's being mean to me and run off"...;)
OK, that's so true to your natural nature/reaction as to be witnessed by the members of this board. LOOKING GOOD ole hysterical one; you have a lot in common with your dear buddy Sara Palin...looking good :D

I dont run off when your mean, I laugh at you.

I dont run off when your mean, I laugh at you.
Ah, yes, the nervous twitter/giggle/hysteria laugh...often used by the simple minded that are unable to converse when confronted with the tough questions...laughter/side step/and refusal to answer...

Right...same ole same ole, just a different topic...:rolleyes:
I guess your laughter is only what you have left since your little game of subterfuge and negative marks got taken away!!! ;)
Pointing out G.W.B. past mistakes, greedy driven decisions, fiscal irresponsibility, lies, deceit, appointments ie BROWN IN CHARGE OF FEMA/GONZALES IN CHARGE OF THE AG'S OFFICE, in-debt to a communist country for a war that we shouldn't have invaded and finished up in Afghanistan instead; are not just irrational little pissy reasons for disliking a president...but you seem to have a 'grater value system' by which you measure a highly educated fully elected official who now represents the entire USA. Your gutter speak and use of words are the systematic way in which you show your low morals and crude thought process for our current president...qualifies you to follow the ilk and mindset that sustains your poor mental judgement of our highest elected office in our country!!!
Best do your research as I suggest before...because once again you know 'NADA' about the ways of the RNC/GOP and how disgusted with G.W.B. and Herr Chaney they were and how they are suffering the consequences for those two and their lying ways...but I digress; you seem to have blocked out/blacked out the campaign and the results for the election of 2008...republicans did not go vote, that is just how badly they felt and how horrendous the mental stability that they were suffering from 8 years of #43.
Well, of course you do...with your limited memory and false sense of reality...I'm quite sure that you do 'MEAN' it as TRUTH
Nope, you swallowed that entire; "only we republicans can protect this country from foreign invaders/terrorists" and you just keep believing that B.S. and it will provide you all kinds of comfort while another 5,000 plus men & women die to prove your 'stupid point'
No problemo, for someone who listens to the insane ranting of Glen Beck/Rush Limbaugh and spews the insulting words that you have about and against our president...you are exactly and entirely WELCOME. And you're just pissed off that you can't go nail my arse {you and your little groupies} with more juvenile negative marks...OH HOW SAD
LMAO...so do the other mentally challenged children that are passed on to the next grade/promoted and they haven't learned a thing..."NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND"...you would benefit from that Bush program too!!!
GEE, it so sad that you can't snap into the 21st century and get taped programs/CD's/Ipods/other recorded programs/music to listen too...but then that would be a higher intelligence speaking and you've just acknowledge that you aren't that BRIGHT!!!
Oh, and I bet that you never heard dear Ron Jr. say anything mean and hateful about G.W.B. either...hmmm
Do you want me to archive that for future reference...because it's a long-long way to the next election and that roller-coaster just keeps rolling along...but you just hang on and as with your 'stars & god like adulation of G.W.B.' in your eyes & mind there will be many, many changes that will come and go and you'll still be CLUELESS!
Then you can and will use that 'LACK OF INTEREST' to justify your ignoring all of the Republicans that disagreed with #43 and his staffers and all of their infighting...but that would have meant that you really paid attention during those 8 years of BUSH...{heavy sigh} so sad! Yes, I do...read it from the source each and every day...I don't need more verbal/hate/racist spewed at me from the radio/TV to hear the other side and what the intelligent adults think...but you just keep supporting that mindset and repeating their diatribe/racist views and I'll understand that you are exactly what I've thought you were and feel justified in my FEELINGS.
Can't deal with the reality of G.W.B. and why so many AMERICANS hate him: red/blue/republican/democrat/right wing religious groups/far left leaning liberals/independents by the thousands...then you are in-denial about his failures/deceitful ways to obtain his funding for his wars and the COST not only in body count and walking wounded...but carry on your ever so short sighted diatribes against the current president and say those vile/gutter words and thoughts and I'll continue to paint you a racist and acknowledge your leader Rush & Beck as just what they are...Closet KKK members who want nothing better then to see our president dead and gone!!! :mad:

Can't deal with the reality of G.W.B. and why so many AMERICANS hate him: red/blue/republican/democrat/right wing religious groups/far left leaning liberals/independents by the thousands...then you are in-denial about his failures/deceitful ways to obtain his funding for his wars and the COST not only in body count and walking wounded...but carry on your ever so short sighted diatribes against the current president and say those vile/gutter words and thoughts and I'll continue to paint you a racist and acknowledge your leader Rush & Beck as just what they are...Closet KKK members who want nothing better then to see our president dead and gone!!! :mad:

Actually I can deal with it and have. I understand why some people did/do not like President Bush, I have a few things I dont like about him myself.

It is you that can not accept that we all will not bow to the alter of obama. You have refused in numerous posts to even admit that people have valid reasons to dislike obama. Instead you personally attack anyone who dares to dislike him, call them racist and other disgusting things.

And the lower he goes in the polls the more frantic you get with your personal attacks because in the end, that is all you have.

It really is funny to watch

Werbung:
Pandora wails: It is you that can not accept that we all will not bow to the alter of obama.
I've never asked you or any of your 'wailing wall' group to bow down to anyone...just more inane mutterings that have no base, more proof of the lack of substance that you and your ilk latch onto but has no proof!
You have refused in numerous posts to even admit that people have valid reasons to dislike obama.
Wrong again, ole wailer of the hypothetical diatribe...What I and many on here keep providing you and the 'whiner/wailing group' is the lack of substance...G.W.B. provided a plethora of wrong doings and deceitful acts and a long laundry list of priority items that he said he would do "if elected" that never came to a completed signed bill {G.W.B. failed on many a campaign promise} but you are denying that FACT!!!
Instead you personally attack anyone who dares to dislike him, call them racist and other disgusting things.
Nope...you whine and cry about the personal attacks when it is YOU who have said the asinine/vile/heinous things that you have about our Elected President...yet you are so quick to scream...she's being mean to me.
If in your immature world of 'make believe' you are able to hold what a candidate says on the campaign trail as the 'proof of the GOOD WORTHY' person then you have nothing...absolutely NOTHING to gauge any real persons fortitude and worthiness with.

HERE'S A REAL SHOCKER...ALL CANIDATES MAKE VERBAL LISTS OF 'I WANT TO'S' WHILE OUT ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL...;)
YOU JUST SEEM FIXAITED UPON THAT MINUTE ITEM...well he told me he was going to do such & such and when he didn't that makes him as a liar on my scale of right & wrong :eek:

Are you that immature/that short sighted/that selective memory driven that that is all you have...the same affliction that every candidate suffers from regardless of the area/community/electoral process in this nation...HE PROMISED ME AND NOW HE'S LIED TO ME...
You are a sad example of the type/ilk that shouldn't be allowed around a voting booth...not without an adult supervision to provide you with some serious understanding and TRUTH...LMAO

Back