Two Minutes with Ron Paul

Lilly Marlene

Greetings !

My time is crunched today, so to anyone fighting with me on a different thread, please hold that thought and I will have to read it and reply later.

I just wanted to convey this short video to anyone who missed it. Lou Dobbs is giving Presidential candidates the opportunity of two minutes' air time.
Few candidates can use it more than Ron Paul, who of course is almost never mentioned by the mainstream media in their efforts to promote the usual globalist buffoons.

Here is the two minutes of Ron Paul (as it happened, he addressed the very issue that had confused me about him):

Werbung:
I was pretty okay until he brought up the illegal immigration issue.... I really think it is a matter of eliminating the work-supply.... if people can't find jobs they won't come here.... businesses should be the ones punished for providing the jobs.

--------------------------------------
I think this 2 min thing is a good idea though.

I was pretty okay until he brought up the illegal immigration issue.... I really think it is a matter of eliminating the work-supply.... if people can't find jobs they won't come here.... businesses should be the ones punished for providing the jobs.

--------------------------------------
I think this 2 min thing is a good idea though.

That's a joke, right?

The first priority must be securing the border through building a high, inpenetratable wall. Then we can worry about the soft resources.

Besides, aren't they talking about building a "fence" right now, not a "wall?" I mean, they might as well just lay a bunch of huge logs across our side of the Rio Grande and light big fires using our tax dollars to scare the Mexicans away. That'd probably work about as well as a fence would.

You're right. If China couldn't do it 2500 years ago, there's no way we could do it today.

The Chinese built a giant-ass wall. They were pretty good at building their giant-ass wall and their giant-ass wall is still standing today (and is the only man-made object visible from space). It's not how well you build the wall, it's how well you police it. Walls are impediments; they can be scaled with a little bit of know-how and some luck. This would be stymied by a competent border patrol.

Yes, its still a good idea to build the thing. It's easier to catch someone who has to take the time to get across a river AND get over a huge flippin' wall than it does to catch someone who just has to get across the river.

Those are the practical reasons. All that aside, I'm deeply opposed to the idea of building walls around our borders for symbolic reasons. Personally, I think the best way to discourage illegal immigration is to encourage growth in the Mexican economy - improve conditions for them at home so they stop coming here. How to do that? I don't know. That's still what I believe, though.

The Chinese built a giant-ass wall. They were pretty good at building their giant-ass wall and their giant-ass wall is still standing today (and is the only man-made object visible from space). .

not to nitpick, but this is a myth.

Besides, aren't they talking about building a "fence" right now, not a "wall?" I mean, they might as well just lay a bunch of huge logs across our side of the Rio Grande and light big fires using our tax dollars to scare the Mexicans away. That'd probably work about as well as a fence would.

In addition to building a giant wall, we should stock the Rio Grande with crocs.

The first priority must be securing the border through building a high, inpenetratable wall. Then we can worry about the soft resources.

I don't support illegal immigration, but the root issue isn't so much the immigration - it's THE WELFARE STATE. They're not coming here to work in a lot of cases - they're coming for the free ride - and they know it's available. We should repeal the income tax, end the welfare state, and return to the original intent of the Constitution. That is the solution to our immigration problems.

You guys are all brothers living in the same planet, learn to share sheez. The Mexicans should even get the upper hand and thus dibs for this land since most of them actually worship me.

Werbung:
The Great Wall of China was unsuccessful, of course, the last Chinese dynasty was that of the descendants of the Manchurians who invaded China and ruled it for centuries as the Manchu Dynasty.

Back