U.S., human rights abuser

Jimmy Carter says the US has conducted a widespread abuse of human rights

http://news.yahoo.com/jimmy-carter-...uman-rights-154057442--abc-news-politics.html

I guess my initial reaction is -- so what?

I look at it as we will do what is needed to protect our interests -- and President Obama is doing that in regards to the drone strikes -- so bravo.

I also note that President Carters states we are in violation of 10 of the 30 articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights -- which is a declaration with no legal authority at all. Perhaps he should reformulate his argument and reference something with binding force we are in violation of?

Werbung:
when you say someone should have there citizenship revoked and be deported for stating something you don't agree with...its hard to say you also agree with the first amendment.

His deportation should be for many other offenses--too numerous to mention.
Let him retire in France. Near Nice would be good.

I guess my initial reaction is -- so what?

I look at it as we will do what is needed to protect our interests -- and President Obama is doing that in regards to the drone strikes -- so bravo.

I also note that President Carters states we are in violation of 10 of the 30 articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights -- which is a declaration with no legal authority at all. Perhaps he should reformulate his argument and reference something with binding force we are in violation of?

I think Carter looks at it from a Moral standard...not a does the body have legal grounds to punish us one.

Though I stand with you, I am in favor of the drone strikes. I find it odd that the same ones who are against them today, many did not care 4 years ago...and yet also seem to advocate going to war with anyone we don't agree with. ( note I am not saying you I am saying many Republicans though) And no, I never complained about Drone Use Under Bush.

I suggest you write a letter to your Senator Al Franken--for more elucidation.
Troll with better repartee--if you want me to play.

again you make a statement, get called on it...try to hide from it...and can't state anything to make your case...and then think I am the troll...funny.

Put up or shut up...you made the statement, back it up

We should not back down when confronted, but what we are doing now is much more than that.

I believe in a non-interventionist policy. We need to bring our troops and other personnel home. Mind our own business.

We have Progressives to thank for interventionism becoming the norm in both parties. Both the Republican and Democrat parties are fervent interventionists but for different reasons. The Republicans want to get involved if they believe it's in our "national interest" to do so but because they want the latitude to use force on anyone, anywhere, anytime, they make sure the concept of "national interest" isn't narrowly defined but a broad concept open to interpretation. The Left considers it morally repugnant for the US to do absolutely anything that could even remotely be construed as being in our "national interest" (War for Oil!), instead they only want to get involved when the US has absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose (Egypt being the most recent example).

Prior to Ron Paul, we have to go way back to AUH2O to find a Republican who upheld the traditional Republican values of Non-Intervention. I find that heartbreaking, Republicans were traditionally the Anti-War party. The Progressives in both parties have so thoroughly infiltrated both parties and effectively poisoned the well by equating non-intervention with isolationism that even suggesting we return to a foreign policy of non-intervention immediately results in hysterical rants attacking the proponent as being isolationist.

If anything is guilty of violating "human" rights, it's the Progressive ideology in it's brutal and relentless war to eradicate Individual Rights.

We have Progressives to thank for interventionism becoming the norm in both parties. Both the Republican and Democrat parties are fervent interventionists but for different reasons. The Republicans want to get involved if they believe it's in our "national interest" to do so but because they want the latitude to use force on anyone, anywhere, anytime, they make sure the concept of "national interest" isn't narrowly defined but a broad concept open to interpretation. The Left considers it morally repugnant for the US to do absolutely anything that could even remotely be construed as being in our "national interest" (War for Oil!), instead they only want to get involved when the US has absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose (Egypt being the most recent example).

Prior to Ron Paul, we have to go way back to AUH2O to find a Republican who upheld the traditional Republican values of Non-Intervention. I find that heartbreaking, Republicans were traditionally the Anti-War party. The Progressives in both parties have so thoroughly infiltrated both parties and effectively poisoned the well by equating non-intervention with isolationism that even suggesting we return to a foreign policy of non-intervention immediately results in hysterical rants attacking the proponent as being isolationist.

If anything is guilty of violating "human" rights, it's the Progressive ideology in it's brutal and relentless war to eradicate Individual Rights.

Most accurate.

While I greatly admire Goldwater and have long thought the election of 1964 was a turning point that forever damaged our nation, he was part of little minority of non-interventionists even in his time.

America changed after WWII. The progressive interventionists took over and now we seem to be in a stage of perpetual war. The statists of both parties love war as it increasingly centralizes power into their hands and limits our liberties. It use to be that most Americans knew war was the tool statists use for THEIR benefit, but not any more.

I would add that the Rs love interventionism because it keeps our military industrial complex flush with lots of taxpayer cash and gives them lots of power...the Ds love this too to a lesser extent, but only when a D is president.

If you have not read Ralph Raico, you should.

Werbung:

I know , the left is morally bad...while you claim war for Oil is good, but saying people have a right to vote for there leaders...thats morally bad...when they are Muslim..The party of life party that only cares about life when its pushed out of a woman behind the right border line.

Back