US approves $2.2bn Taiwan arms sale

reedak

1. The US State Department has approved a potential arms sale to Taiwan, estimated to be worth $2.2bn (£1.76bn), the Pentagon said.

The deal is for 108 Abrams tanks, 250 Stinger missiles and related equipment.

China's foreign ministry has called on the US to "immediately cancel" the proposed sale....

2. The US had sold weapons to Taiwan many times since it established diplomatic relations with China. The US-Taiwan relationship is analogous to adultery committed by a scandal-hit husband. Seeing his wife could do nothing except lodging protests, the wayward husband became bolder day by day. In the end, he even brought his mistress from the city's red-light district to sleep in his wife's bed in broad daylight.

The wife's angry father might advise her, "At this critical phase of your married life, I can only sigh and shake my head in resignation if you still continue with your useless protests and refuse to dump that garbage. I have already found you a much better man. You can bring him home to show that hopeless guy anytime. This way is much better than protesting a thousand times." :)

Werbung:
Werbung:
Back