US Spends more per person, covers less, gets less on health care.

Are you under the assumption that I think the cost I paid was not the going rate??? Because I can assure you that it is. At 52 years old... I've known a heck of a lot of people who have paid for root canals and crowns in every way possible.

As to your dental insurance question... I get it because it's not that expensive... mine is only $7.30 every two weeks and that includes 2 free exams and cleaning per year... so that's about a wash.

If there's a downside it's that it has a $1000 per year maximum which if you need any serious dental work... more than things like tooth pulled or fillings you max out pretty quickly.

When you get older you have dental issues more than just mostly fillings like when you are younger. You have gum issues, deep root scaling, crowns etc. and it's not a bad idea to have the insurance.

What I was saying about my father-in-law going to Mexico for his work is he is retired and without dental insurance.

There's a catch there somewhere top gun. Insurance companies just do not give you service at a cheaper price than if you paid cash. Let me guess..
1) The insurance cost increases with age.
2) The insurance premiums increase if you use up to the limit every year.
3) You don't go to the dentist regularly 2 times a year.
4) You have a bunch of conditions which must be met to use the insurance - such as pre-authorization to do any of the work, or limits on the kind of work that can be done.
5) The charge for work done in excess of $1000 per year is abnormally expensive - so a dentist can make up for his losses on the more difficult and expensive work.

Insurance companies don't give money away for free. Perhaps you can tell me how this dental insurance company makes its money??

Werbung:
There's a catch there somewhere top gun. Insurance companies just do not give you service at a cheaper price than if you paid cash. Let me guess..
1) The insurance cost increases with age.
2) The insurance premiums increase if you use up to the limit every year.
3) You don't go to the dentist regularly 2 times a year.
4) You have a bunch of conditions which must be met to use the insurance - such as pre-authorization to do any of the work, or limits on the kind of work that can be done.
5) The charge for work done in excess of $1000 per year is abnormally expensive - so a dentist can make up for his losses on the more difficult and expensive work.

Insurance companies don't give money away for free. Perhaps you can tell me how this dental insurance company makes its money??

Well yes there actually is.

My company has a very unique set up on health and dental insurance. The longer you are with the company the more of a percentage they pay on your premiums. I've been with them 12 years so I get a pretty good deal. They stroke you bad for the first 5 years and it's not great even between 5 and 10. At 10 years seniority it gets good.

And there's NO DOUBT the company just factors in that extra benefit payment percentage and takes it back with smaller raises as you gain seniority.

So there are a whole lot of people getting stroked and only a very few getting a good deal. At my district office for example there's say 45 people... only 5 or 6 have 10 years or more seniority. The company I work for all together has probably 700-800 employees... could be more.

The other stroke out is they have that SUPER LOW $1000 per year cap and a $50 per year deductible.

Good catch... because you're absolutely right. The insurance company is making money on the company's overall package to be sure!:)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090312/ap_on_he_me/health_value_gap

Americans spend $2.4 trillion a year on health care. The Business Roundtable report says Americans in 2006 spent $1,928 per capita on health care, at least two-and-a-half times more per person than any other advanced country.

-------------------------------

but no natinal health care will cost to much...even though we spend more now then anyone who has it , on health care.
frnkly Im fairly happy with my health care I am on ss.better then other nations care for the most part .

Werbung:
Back