Veterans Never Forget...

Of course you came up with it -- from the website(s) you mentioned. I didn't think you actually knew any of that to be true personally.

As for myself, I do know it is true personally. I do know, personally, that those are lies regarding the Silver Star incident (The bit about Kerry leading an assualt party that killed 10 VC shows how ignorant the people at that website really are). The website is full of _ _ it. And if the rest of it was "the only thing you were talking about", then why post the part I focused on? . . . . The "rest" of it is pockmarked with lies too. I just wanted to take on the portion I know about personally, not from a website, etc.

The lies in your post are just that -- lies. The website lied. You posted lies.

Kerry spent over four months in Vietnam. Roughly three months of that time was spent in a combat position. The fact is, Kerry was in more combat than 80% (perhaps more) of those who went to Vietnam. Most were in support positions of one degree or another. While vitally important, they were either never in combat, or saw very little combat.

Anyone who claims Kerry "tried" to get Purple Hearts is a fool in my eyes. I mean, who "tries" to get wounded. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

All of the incidents where Kerry received a PH were witnessed by multiple people. He still has shrapnel in his leg from the second one.

Doug Reese

I like your post. In the same post that you call me a liar you confirm what I said about him spending roughly 3 months on combat in Vietnam :)

Thank you

and by the way, welcome to the HOP!

Werbung:
That's because you hate Kerry for being a liberal Democrat. The facts of his service in Vietnam and subsequent protest of that war have nothing to do with his party affiliation.

Actually I do not think I hate him for being a liberal. Dennis Kucinich is a liberal too but I like him. I do not agree with him but I do like and respect him. I do not like Kerry because he is a fake opportunist.

But thats cool if you think its because he is a liberal, at least when I hate Kerry I am accused of hating him for being a liberal. When I hate obama I am told its because I am a racist even though he is even more of a liberal than John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam)

Actually I do not think I hate him for being a liberal. Dennis Kucinich is a liberal too but I like him. I do not agree with him but I do like and respect him. I do not like Kerry because he is a fake opportunist.

But thats cool if you think its because he is a liberal, at least when I hate Kerry I am accused of hating him for being a liberal. When I hate obama I am told its because I am a racist even though he is even more of a liberal than John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam)

For the record, I don't think you're a racist. I think you hate Obama, not because he is black, but because he is a liberal Democrat.

Maybe hate is too strong of a word. Maybe just extreme disagreement along with a lack of respect would be better.

For the record, I don't think you're a racist. I think you hate Obama, not because he is black, but because he is a liberal Democrat.

Maybe hate is too strong of a word. Maybe just extreme disagreement along with a lack of respect would be better.

Nah.... I hate him :) I don't hate very many people either. I still am not sure who I hate more, him or JFK (who served in Vietnam) I do not think you ever accused me of being a racist for not liking obama but more than a few here did.

There are lots of democrats I like, even liberal ones, I just don't always agree with them.

My favorite living politician is Harold Ford Jr. I would vote for him for anything in a heartbeat. He is a democrat but not really very liberal.

I think I want to hold politicians to a higher standard than the average person, I hold religious leaders to a higher standard too.

Integrity is really important to me. So far I see that in Mitt Romney but Ill stop liking him if he flakes on us. Lack of it is why I do not like the huckster that much. Its something Harold Ford Jr. seems to have more of than most since he is still a truly decent person even after being in politics for so many years. and its something JFK (who served in Vietnam) and obama lack fully

Nah.... I hate him :) I don't hate very many people either. I still am not sure who I hate more, him or JFK (who served in Vietnam) I do not think you ever accused me of being a racist for not liking obama but more than a few here did.

There are lots of democrats I like, even liberal ones, I just don't always agree with them.

My favorite living politician is Harold Ford Jr. I would vote for him for anything in a heartbeat. He is a democrat but not really very liberal.

I think I want to hold politicians to a higher standard than the average person, I hold religious leaders to a higher standard too.

Integrity is really important to me. So far I see that in Mitt Romney but Ill stop liking him if he flakes on us. Lack of it is why I do not like the huckster that much. Its something Harold Ford Jr. seems to have more of than most since he is still a truly decent person even after being in politics for so many years. and its something JFK (who served in Vietnam) and obama lack fully

Yes, integrity is important. Many things are important in a political leader. Leadership is paramount.

Kennedy was a philanderer, but a strong leader. He faced down the Soviets during the Cuban Missle Crisis. He did not serve in Vietnam, BTW, but in WWII.

Romney has integrity, so far as we know. He also has a track record of salvaging economically stressed entities, which is something that the federal government seriously needs just now.

No one is perfect. I can excuse leaders for pecadillos, but not for the big stuff. Cheating on a spouse is between the leader and the spouse. Putting the Constitution in jeopardy is quite another matter. Starting unnecessary wars is something I just won't excuse.

Yes, integrity is important. Many things are important in a political leader. Leadership is paramount.

Kennedy was a philanderer, but a strong leader. He faced down the Soviets during the Cuban Missle Crisis. He did not serve in Vietnam, BTW, but in WWII.

Romney has integrity, so far as we know. He also has a track record of salvaging economically stressed entities, which is something that the federal government seriously needs just now.

No one is perfect. I can excuse leaders for pecadillos, but not for the big stuff. Cheating on a spouse is between the leader and the spouse. Putting the Constitution in jeopardy is quite another matter. Starting unnecessary wars is something I just won't excuse.

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Unless another nation is coming on our soil, what would a necessary war?

When I said JKF (who served in Vietnam) I meant John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) I just didn't want to spell it all out again :)

The real JFK I like ok. He wanted lower taxes and wanted us to do for our country instead of asking what the country can do for us. He was probably called liberal in his day but compared to most republicans in office he would be considered conservative by todays standards.

I liked him ok

Integrity you say.

I defy you to find a Democrat president since JFK who possessed integrity. Why is this? Because the D party has been infested by commies and other kooky leftists. And, the media has effectively sold these leftists to many ignorant Americans.

For example, how does an anti-American Marxist like BO win the presidency? My how times have changed...

Presidential Comparison
Loves America? JFK-Y BO-N
Strong on defense? JFK-Y BO-N
Class warrior? JFK-N BO-Y
Hates the Constitution? JFK-N BO-Y
Tax and spender? JFK-N BO-Y
Dumb & Dumber Keynesian? JFK-N BO-Y
Baby killer? JFK-N BO-Y
Foreign Policy Appeaser? JFK-N BO-Y
Homo Marriage? JFK-N BO-Y
Veteran and War Hero? JFK-Y BO-No way, No how, NEVER EVER!!!!

JFK supported tax cuts, knowing they would spur economic growth. BHO thinks he can somehow tax us into prosperity.

JFK was a foreign policy hawk who stood up to the Soviet Union and let it be known that the United States of America was a superpower to be reckoned with. BHO is a foreign policy wimp whose proclivity toward appeasement in a very dangerous world would signal weakness to our enemies and invite them to attack us.

JFK told us to ask what we could do for our country. BHO tells us to expect that our country will do everything for us.

JFK was a genuine hero who very nearly died in World War II. The closest BHO has ever gotten to a war zone was when he was working as a “community organizer” on the mean streets of Chicago.

By the time JFK was elected to the presidency, he had already served six years in the U.S. House of Representatives and eight years in the U.S. Senate. BHO spent a few years in the Illinois State Legislature and lost a bid for a U.S. House seat before winning the 2004 U.S. Senate race. He spent one year in the senate before launching a bid for the presidency.
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=24848

I like your post. In the same post that you call me a liar you confirm what I said about him spending roughly 3 months on combat in Vietnam :)

Thank you

and by the way, welcome to the HOP!
Thank you so much for the welcome :)

Actually, I didn't call you a liar. The people who put that website together are liars. You posted lies from that website. That's not quite the same as being a liar.

I didn't call the person (I forget who it was) that posted that doctored, phony photo that showed Kerry and fonda together a liar. I simply point out that the photo was a phony.

As for the three months thing, I haven't gone back and looked at all your posts. I think I was commenting on the one where you said:

"I was asked in a previous post where I came up with the idea that John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) spent 3 months in Vietnam. "

Doug Reese

Thank you so much for the welcome :)

Actually, I didn't call you a liar. The people who put that website together are liars. You posted lies from that website. That's not quite the same as being a liar.

I didn't call the person (I forget who it was) that posted that doctored, phony photo that showed Kerry and fonda together a liar. I simply point out that the photo was a phony.

As for the three months thing, I haven't gone back and looked at all your posts. I think I was commenting on the one where you said:

"I was asked in a previous post where I came up with the idea that John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) spent 3 months in Vietnam. "

Doug Reese

The 3 months in Vietnam was all I really wrote about and as for the website it is I am sure arguable how much is true. It all depends on who you believe, swift boat people or Kerry himself. There was a ton on that site and I posted from Dec 1st when he went into Vietnam in combat then a little over 3 months later when he left. Its the only part that mattered to me for making my point. Well and the dates he "earned" his purple hearts Dec 2d being the first one on the second day and the next two shortly after.

The Silver star part I don't remember. I am sure I read and learned about it during the 2004 election but it was the 3 purple hearts in 3 months that got him out of Vietnam, those were the ones I concentrated on and remember.

Either way, you confirmed my first statement about the 3 months in Vietnam and I thank you for it. I wish it was the 2004 election again, I did not have internet back then and had to hand do everything and no one to argue with. It would be fun to do it all over.

The 3 months in Vietnam was all I really wrote about and as for the website it is I am sure arguable how much is true. It all depends on who you believe, swift boat people or Kerry himself. There was a ton on that site and I posted from Dec 1st when he went into Vietnam in combat then a little over 3 months later when he left. Its the only part that mattered to me for making my point. Well and the dates he "earned" his purple hearts Dec 2d being the first one on the second day and the next two shortly after.

The Silver star part I don't remember. I am sure I read and learned about it during the 2004 election but it was the 3 purple hearts in 3 months that got him out of Vietnam, those were the ones I concentrated on and remember.

Either way, you confirmed my first statement about the 3 months in Vietnam and I thank you for it. I wish it was the 2004 election again, I did not have internet back then and had to hand do everything and no one to argue with. It would be fun to do it all over.

ok so he spent 3 months..in combat, in one of most dangerous jobs...How many have you served in combat? Who are you to question if that's enough...
you guys can throw all the anti American , hates America crap...but how many of you also put your life on the line for that long for this nation?

It would be fun to go back and do the 2004 election over again. It would be even better to go all the way back to the primaries of 2000 and see if the Republicans would choose Bush to represent them again. Maybe we could have avoided war.

Come to think of it, I can't think of many elections I wouldn't like to go back and do over.

ok so he spent 3 months..in combat, in one of most dangerous jobs...How many have you served in combat? Who are you to question if that's enough...
you guys can throw all the anti American , hates America crap...but how many of you also put your life on the line for that long for this nation?

I am not throwing anti American crap, though you have thrown it at me and so have others here....

Who am I to question it? A voter! He claimed he was a great hero who willingly served and braved all sorts of danger yet he did not seem to be all the great things he claimed when you looked closer. And the things he came out of Vietnam saying were pretty serious. In that whole whopping three months he was on a swift boat he saw people cut off other peoples ears, heads and all sorts of other terrible things. Those are strong accusations to make and worth checking into.

Its also pretty strange that he tried to get out of Vietnam then when he went on the second day in combat he claims he earned a purple heart but never even needed a bandaid for his injury, then another one then another one that he did actually need a bandaid, i think it was the grain of rice in his butt that he needed the bandaid for, yet never serious enough to miss a day of work and wham, 3 hearts and he goes home, three hearts he applied for himself.

how many of the men there lost limbs and never got a purple heart, how many did tour after tour but this guy is special :)

Werbung:
It would be fun to go back and do the 2004 election over again. It would be even better to go all the way back to the primaries of 2000 and see if the Republicans would choose Bush to represent them again. Maybe we could have avoided war.

Come to think of it, I can't think of many elections I wouldn't like to go back and do over.

Yeah 2000 would be fun, I watched every single pregnant chad get counted on the news :)

I did not vote for Bush or Gore, so I didn't really care but It was fun to watch and through it all I started to like President Bush and Hate AlGore, that is when I first started turning conservative.

Back