Veterans Never Forget...

First of all, you do not get a PH for being brave. Got it?

Second, when you say that everyone "did something as brave or daring as Kerry did", are you being serious? I ask this because that statement, if you really mean it, is false -- and ridiculous on top of that.

Can you get it through your head that most of those who served in Vietnam weren't even in combat?

Doug Reese

I am talking about the people in Vietnam that were in combat not the people who served in wastewater treatment centers in Maine or people who never saw combat

Werbung:
Common conversation as in you should have heard about this long ago if you were paying attention

Buddies of Kerry defended him for applying for his own purple hearts. And at least one of the forms he filled out to get was around in 2004. And no it wasn't a fake form like dan rathers. :)

I'll try to find it. Been searching for two other things related to Kerry and the 2004 election but having trouble finding them. But I will try

I've heard a number of things, many of them just as absurd as what was being said in "common conversation" at that time. Good luck finding a refererece that isn't just swiftboater hooey.

you see , Pandora believes something to be true...not because of good facts...but because she wants to....thus anything you say to show this to be wrong...will be ignored....after all if you can find a bias site to tell you what you want...thats all you need!

see that thread we talked about before...facts be damned!

I am talking about the people in Vietnam that were in combat not the people who served in wastewater treatment centers in Maine or people who never saw combat
Well, when you're including those who were in combat . . . . . what I said still stands.

I'm thinking you've seen too many movies.

Doug Reese

Most could care less about his medals. Me included.

It is what he did after coming home that stinks to high heaven. But, lets not talk about thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat...

The guy is a fraud. Always has been and always will be.

From sh*ting on our troops to pushing appeasement with the Soviets to moving his yacht to avoid taxes.

But hey, its better to argue the nonsensical than the reality.

Well, when you're including those who were in combat . . . . . what I said still stands.

I'm thinking you've seen too many movies.

Doug Reese

You were with John Kerry (who served in Vietnam) when he got his silver star, were you also like kerry being one of the small few who saw action or was in any danger? Did the other men hide behind you guys? or did they just stay in camp ?

You were with John Kerry (who served in Vietnam) when he got his silver star, were you also like kerry being one of the small few who saw action or was in any danger? Did the other men hide behind you guys? or did they just stay in camp ?
Please try to make sense. What are you talking about?

Come back when you've done a little research about the war in Vietnam. I think you don't know all that much.

Doug Reese

Sorry you missed all the fun. I'm more than happy to come over here and argue with you :)

Anyway, I mentioned the Silver Star because, as I mentioned, I was present for that incident. That website (or at least the portions you posted) lied left and right about that incident. That, and the fact that they appear to have done very little, if any, research as to what happened, who did what, etc.

When a website is that sloppy about one part of their anti-Kerry campaign, I can only believe they are equally sloppy in the others. And that appears to be the case for some other things that were posted, that I haven't bothered to comment on.

And to repeat, Kerry was in more combat than the majority of guys who served in Vietnam.

Doug Reese

This is what I was talking about

This is what I was talking about
Yes, I know. That's not the part that I didn't understand -- it was the rest of it:

"were you also like kerry being one of the small few who saw action or was in any danger? Did the other men hide behind you guys? or did they just stay in camp ?"

I never said "small few". I said roughly 20% were in combat. I certainly never said anything about being in danger, and I damn sure never ever, anywhere at any time, said that there were few who were "in danger". If you were in Vietnam you were in danger.

As for the hiding behind us, that doesn't make any sense.

Doug Reese

Yes, I know. That's not the part that I didn't understand -- it was the rest of it:

"were you also like kerry being one of the small few who saw action or was in any danger? Did the other men hide behind you guys? or did they just stay in camp ?"

I never said "small few". I said roughly 20% were in combat. I certainly never said anything about being in danger, and I damn sure never ever, anywhere at any time, said that there were few who were "in danger". If you were in Vietnam you were in danger.

As for the hiding behind us, that doesn't make any sense.

Doug Reese

ok never mind

I found a really interesting page that had your name in it. Can you tell me how truthful the page is? I do not care for the source of the website but as you say, I don't know anything so can you help me

http://radioislam.org/islam/english/jewishp/usa/kerry-vietnam.htm

go about half way down the page in the silver star section

Kerry' citation reads: "The extraordinary daring and personal courage of Lt. Kerry in attacking a numerically superior force in the face of intense fire were responsible for the highly successful mission."

But O'Neill writes: "According to Kerry's crewman Michael Madeiros, Kerry had an agreement with him to turn the boat in and onto the beach if fired upon. Each of the three boats involved in the operation was involved in the agreement."

One crewman even recalls a discussion of probable medals, according to O'Neill.

The event was recounted to O'Neill by a pro-Kerry Army veteran, Doug Reese.

"Far from being alone, the boats were loaded with many soldiers commanded by Reese and two other advisors. When fired at, Reese's boat -- not Kerry's -- was the first to beach in the ambush zone. Then Reese and other troops and advisors (not Kerry) disembarked, killing a number of Viet Cong and capturing a number of weapons. None of the participants from Reese's boat received Silver Stars."

O'Neill continues: "Kerry's boat moved slightly downstream and was struck by a rocket-propelled grenade. ... A young Viet Cong in a loincloth popped out of a hole, clutching a grenade launcher, which may or may not have been loaded. ... Tom Belodeau, a forward gunner, shot the Viet Cong with an M-60 machine gun in the leg as he fled. ... Kerry and Medeiros (who had many troops in their boat) took off, perhaps with others, and followed the young Viet Cong and shot him in the back, behind a lean to."

are you this same Doug Reese? is any of this story true and if not, what part?

ok never mind

I found a really interesting page that had your name in it. Can you tell me how truthful the page is? I do not care for the source of the website but as you say, I don't know anything so can you help me

http://radioislam.org/islam/english/jewishp/usa/kerry-vietnam.htm

go about half way down the page in the silver star section

Kerry' citation reads: "The extraordinary daring and personal courage of Lt. Kerry in attacking a numerically superior force in the face of intense fire were responsible for the highly successful mission."

But O'Neill writes: "According to Kerry's crewman Michael Madeiros, Kerry had an agreement with him to turn the boat in and onto the beach if fired upon. Each of the three boats involved in the operation was involved in the agreement."

One crewman even recalls a discussion of probable medals, according to O'Neill.

The event was recounted to O'Neill by a pro-Kerry Army veteran, Doug Reese.

"Far from being alone, the boats were loaded with many soldiers commanded by Reese and two other advisors. When fired at, Reese's boat -- not Kerry's -- was the first to beach in the ambush zone. Then Reese and other troops and advisors (not Kerry) disembarked, killing a number of Viet Cong and capturing a number of weapons. None of the participants from Reese's boat received Silver Stars."

O'Neill continues: "Kerry's boat moved slightly downstream and was struck by a rocket-propelled grenade. ... A young Viet Cong in a loincloth popped out of a hole, clutching a grenade launcher, which may or may not have been loaded. ... Tom Belodeau, a forward gunner, shot the Viet Cong with an M-60 machine gun in the leg as he fled. ... Kerry and Medeiros (who had many troops in their boat) took off, perhaps with others, and followed the young Viet Cong and shot him in the back, behind a lean to."

are you this same Doug Reese? is any of this story true and if not, what part?
I need to get going (from Reno down to the Bay area), but quickly . . . .

John O'Neill is a liar. I have never, ever, spoken to him about that day.

What they have on that page (or at least what you posted), I have seen before. It is a combination of lies, half-truths and misstatements, and totally ignores the after-action report filed for that incident.

More later . . . .

Doug Reese

Werbung:
I need to get going (from Reno down to the Bay area), but quickly . . . .

John O'Neill is a liar. I have never, ever, spoken to him about that day.

What they have on that page (or at least what you posted), I have seen before. It is a combination of lies, half-truths and misstatements, and totally ignores the after-action report filed for that incident.

More later . . . .

Doug Reese

ok ill wait for you to get time to clear up the story.

I never cared about the silver star, just the purple hearts but now you have me interested.

Back