Went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch today (Friday), too!

Little-Acorn

After going there last Wednesday, but having to leave since the places were jammed with lines out the door and down the block that day, I went back today, the day the gay advocate fanatics had called for a mass same-sex "Kiss-in" at the restaurants.

The northernmost San Diego restaurant was completely full today, but without a line out the door this time. Parking lot was "nearly" full, but a few spaces remained, I grabbed one. I don't know if this is any greater than their "normal" noontime crowd, but they weren't hurtin.

I haven't eaten at Chick-Fil-A in twenty years, my wife back then liked a small Chick-Fil-A storefront in a large indoor shopping mall (not in San Diego) that we went to a number of times. Most I remembered about that one was that the food was OK, the fries were innovative and very good, and the chicken was so hot it burned your tongue.

Today the restaurant was full, when I went in I found a line about 20 people long inside, and all tills working at full speed. The line moved fast, I was in it maybe 5 minutes. When I got up to the counter, I looked back, and saw that enough people had come in behind me that the line was still around 20 people long. Food came quickly, fries are the same, chicken strips were pretty good, maybe slightly better than Carls Jr. Didn't burn my mouth this time though they were pretty hot. Char-grilled Chicken Sandwich was OK, nothing to write home about, but better than your basic Big Mac. Prices were a little higher than McDonalds, about the same as Carls Jr.

Got the food, not a single seat available in the restaurant (all full), so went outside and ate in the car.

Everybody there was quiet and polite. Especially the employees at the counter, I'd guess they'd been instructed to be cheerful, friendly, polite polite polite, just in case any assholes showed up. I don't know if any did on Wednesday. I didn't see any today, other than myself of course. And even I was polite.

Also looked around for any signs of guys kissing guys or girls kissing girls, or even holding hands. Didn't see even a single instance of anything like that. It looked like just a normal lunchtime at a fast-food place, no big deal, other than the kinda-long line inside.

Bottom line as far as the gay fanatics goes: It looked like a complete flop for them. Their "boycott" wound up with Chick-Fil-A getting the biggest business day they've ever had. And the "Kiss-in" was completely ignored, at least at the one restaurant I went to. I'd say the gay fanatics' attempt at "showing those CFA people what people think of them" produce zero results, and even the opposite result from what they hoped for.

Will the gay fanatics start to realize from this, just what a tiny minority they are, and how much normal people dislike their agenda? I doubt it.

But now a lot more people have heard of Chick-Fil-A than had a week ago, have looked up the restaurants and found where they are, and a lot have tried the place. I'll bet Dan Cathy is just praying (irony intended) that the gay fanatics "teach him another lesson", and as soon as possible. He's gotten more free advertising in the last week, than was in his budget for the entire year, I'll bet.

Basically the gay fanatics tried to "call in the clans" on Chick-Fil-A. What they found, was that the "clans" were not on their side... and that even their fellow fanatics (all half-dozen of them) chose to be elsewhere when the time came.

Mission Accomplished. :D

Werbung:
If i was a cop i get my cuffs out an make an arrest of disorderly conduct on gay kissing inside a public place. They can spend a night in jail and see the judge in the morning.

If i was a cop i get my cuffs out an make an arrest of disorderly conduct on gay kissing inside a public place. They can spend a night in jail and see the judge in the morning.

Is kissing illegal ? Loitering in a restaurant is so they would need to buy something. And I'm sure the sales would be welcome.

Just like you can burn the American flag but you cant burn it on a political protest. You cant kiss with same sex with a protest thats disorderly conduct.

Just like you can burn the American flag but you cant burn it on a political protest. You cant kiss with same sex with a protest thats disorderly conduct.

political protests are about the only times flags get burnt. why would anyone do it in private3 ?

All the publicity has to be good for the restaurant chain. I didn't even know we had one close by. Turns out there is on just in the next town, and it has been extremely popular lately, lines out the door and around the block.

It looks like the "boycott" has backfired.

Gay rights? Sure, why not?
Freedom of speech and free enterprise? cornerstones of liberty.

All the publicity has to be good for the restaurant chain. I didn't even know we had one close by. Turns out there is on just in the next town, and it has been extremely popular lately, lines out the door and around the block.

It looks like the "boycott" has backfired.

Gay rights? Sure, why not?
Freedom of speech and free enterprise? cornerstones of liberty.

who was it who said all publicity is good so long as you spell the name right ?

Werbung:
Back