What is the Meaning of Life?

Werbung:
What is the meaning of life in your view?
Every Spring, some little blue flowers come up next to my house and bloom. They live for awhile and then die. They do this every year. I have watched this process for many years. I have never detected any deep meaning for that existance...they just are. Therefore, we are as lilies of the field; we live for awhile and then we die. There is no empirical evidence that there is anything else.

For me, life is all about following Jesus Christ. He is my Lord, Savior and Great Exemplar. I try to imitate Him in daily life, and help build up His kingdom on Earth. In His name, I try to help others, and reduce the influence and impact of Evil.:)

dahermit said:
Every Spring, some little blue flowers come up next to my house and bloom. They live for awhile and then die. They do this every year. I have watched this process for many years. I have never detected any deep meaning for that existance...they just are. Therefore, we are as lilies of the field; we live for awhile and then we die. There is no empirical evidence that there is anything else.

Interesting post. I like it.

KingClovis said:
For me, life is all about following Jesus Christ. He is my Lord, Savior and Great Exemplar. I try to imitate Him in daily life, and help build up His kingdom on Earth. In His name, I try to help others, and reduce the influence and impact of Evil.
Yesterday 09:17 AM

Hmmm... I don't consider myself a christian, so, for me, I am not so sure I would consider this the meaning of life.

for an individual, to acheive happiness, and fall in love. for people as a whole, to overcome sin together, and thus complete the mission of life, ending all sickness and death. I only wish I understood more in depth, but the Kingdom, I believe to be beyond this world, is something my mental capacity has yet to comprehend in entiriety; I don't doubt, it just remains a mystery, even with spiritual experience.

There has got to be more.

it's best to pursue virtuous lifestyles, where in which we become social spiritual entities, together, as oppose to the current norm. prophesy suggests a limitation, but this I don't completely accept. I pray for a great salvation.

Life is to be lived. I follow a simple rule set; Live life to be happy as we have an intrinsic right to follow whatever path makes us happy. This right is requisite on respecting the same right in all others, if something that makes you 'happy' (or not unhappy) depends on requesting or making a direct action that violates another, your right for this circumstance is revoked.

Thus an example Mr. X dislikes gays, he says gays shouldn't be gay, Homosexuals however, who live this lifestyle are not taking a direct action against Mr.X's "right to be happy" but he is requesting such an action against them, this this circumstance is not within his rights.

Billy would be happy beating up younger kids at school, however this would directly effect their wish to be unmolested, while their wish to be unmolested is not focused on denying billy his right to be happy by kicking them around, thus billy is relieved of his right to pursue happiness in this.

All applications I can think of are pretty straight forward and valid applications of this idea.

So what does life mean to me? Live to be happy, be happy to live. Simple logic. I have no problem with those who wish to factor religion, are your right, or whatever you wish, it is your right.. but remember everyone has the same rights you do, to deny them this, negates your own...

Life is a playground where we exercise our free-will and learn about the consequences of our choices, a place where we can travel as far as we wish from our source, do what we want, live, die, reincarnate as many times as we wish, and in the end return to our souce if we wish bearing our load of experience and the wisdom we have gained. It's an opportunity for spiritual beings to experience the physical world to their heart's content.

The meaning of life - a complex question for which one must reach into the soul of man and the infinity of space and having been put to some of the finest minds in the galaxy they concluded was the answer was 42!

On a more personal level the meaning of life was found in a pub in Edinburgh after having seen Scotland beating England in the Calcutta Cup! Ahhhhh the hangover is still fresh in my mind.......

Only in a forum with Brits would a discussion on the "Meaning of Life" devolve so quickly into a discussion of soccer.

Werbung:
Back