What is the republican plan for fighting terrorism?

USMC the Almighty said:
So do the insurgents.

But the insurgents don't want to attack America, they just want control of Iraq. Al-Qaeda is the actual terrorist threat.

USMC the Almighty said:
And let all that we have built over the last four years collapse?

As I have said, if the insurgents have a civil war and one group takes control of the country, we need to use our cultural, economic, and political influence to create a society similar to ours. The winning faction will want control and power, so they will appoint a president or possible choose candidates (with our help of course). A dictatorship is out of the question because they would realize that's basically suicide, and of course they want to keep the recently gained power.

We don't need many troops to do this, in fact for one side to win, less American troops getting in the way is better. That way they can do what they do best elsewhere. But not all troops should leave; political sites, voting places, etc. should be protected. But occupying civilian neighborhoods isn't doing all that much.

USMC the Almighty said:
Which, conversely, is exactly what conservatives want to do.

Fair enough. But in my opinion you shouldn't be so negative with your attacks on liberals. Instead, why not outline your own plans using positives and then suggest that many liberals don't support this. Write whatever you like though, I'm just offering my opinion.

Werbung:
Back