Where were the blacks 7-4?

Just to make this clear:

It does not constitute racism to say bad things about people of a given race.

It does constitute racism to argue that those behaviors are a direct consequence of their membership in that race (where evidence does not support the assertion). But Libsmasher hasn't done that.

So let's keep the racism accusations pocketed, no?

no he just *****ed about a whole race for not attending a event he went to and questioned there patriotism...why would anyone find that racist.

Werbung:
your attacking a whole race, and you ***** I talk about Race?

and Document what? Document a Sarcastic Comment made to point out how dumb the whole "Blame America first thing is"

Now, everyone go back and read Piffle's post #16 in this thread - quote: :rolleyes:

And plenty of White people who are "America Can do no wrong"

This is just sad attempts to justify racist views, that's about it.

So you CAN'T document even ONE of these "plenty of White people". :D

Advice after making a fool out of yourself: fall back on the race card. :D

Why DON'T you think that?

They hate american history.
They hate the military.
They hate the church.
They hate white males.
They hate capitalism.
They hate corporations.
They hate jews.
They hate rich people.
They hate the president.
They hate southerners and rural people.
They have contempt for displays of the american flag.
They have contempt for lower class working people.
They blame america for everything bad that happens in the world.
They never saw a dictator they didn't like.

In spite of all the above and more, they improbably claim not to hate america. They hate it all right, no ifs.

Mainly because I grew up in the deep South, among die hard, Yellow Dog Democrat liberals who were part of the tradition where,

They MADE American history
They served in the military
They went to my church
They didn't hate anyone
They owned their own farms
They incorporated their farms
They served with Jews in various civic organizations and never had a bad word to say against them.
They WERE rich
They KNEW the President (Johnson AND Carter)
They WERE rural southerners
They flew the flag every day
They busted their asses to employ as many "lower class working people", including blacks, as they could in order to keep them off the welfare rolls.
They blamed PEOPLE for what was wrong with the world
They couldn't stand Castro, and every Soviet they ever heard of,
and to top it all off, most of them had more guns than the National Guard armory!

I guess our life experience has shown us different sides of liberals. But then again, that's how I can distinguish between a liberal (little 'L'), a Liberal (big 'L'), and a Libtard (raving LUNATIC).

no he just *****ed about a whole race for not attending a event he went to and questioned there patriotism...why would anyone find that racist.

Because they don't know the meaning of the word "racist"?

You could argue it's tasteless or pointless, but it chaps my ass when people define racism as saying anything bad about people of a given race (which it isn't). Sometimes bad things can be said about the races honestly.

Because they don't know the meaning of the word "racist"?

You could argue it's tasteless or pointless, but it chaps my ass when people define racism as saying anything bad about people of a given race (which it isn't). Sometimes bad things can be said about the races honestly.

And it would still be racist, as its grouping a whole people based simply on there race...that it may be taken as a positive does not change what it is, it just makes it more palatable.

And it would still be racist, as its grouping a whole people based simply on there race...that it may be taken as a positive does not change what it is, it just makes it more palatable.

PFOS, I really fail to see how noting the lack of attendance of the 4th of July celebration by any blacks in his community constitutes "racism". Given that there appears to be a substantial belief among some blacks today that the 4th isn't representative of their history, and ergo they don't feel it necessary to attend, at least to me would appear to be a "cultural" observation rather than a racial one, and a fairly new phenomenon at that, and thus it is a legitimate topic of conversation. When did this cultural trend begin? Why has it happened? In our community, I've not even heard of such a thing, so I find it interesting to discover that some blacks today somehow feel that American Independence Day doesn't apply to them.

Would it be "racist" to observe the lack of whites at a Kwanzaa celebration, or would it be a cultural observation? Would it be "racist" to note the lack of Jews at a Christmas celebration, or would it be a cultural one?

As one who lived in the deep South in the 50's and 60's, and who has seen REAL racism, I can assure you that what's going on today is most assuredly NOT "racist" by any true measure. Have you ever seen segregated water fountains? Have you ever seen segregated restrooms? Have you ever been to a restaurant that could not, BY LAW, serve blacks, or whites? I can remember one time while traveling that we weren't ALLOWED to eat in a restaurant because it was BLACK ONLY, and we would have been ARRESTED! If anything, it's an observation of the fact that some blacks appear to be doing everything they can to re-segregate themselves rather than joining into the American dream that the leaders of the REAL equal rights movement fought so hard for on their behalf.

Would it be "racist" to observe the lack of whites at a Kwanzaa celebration, or would it be a cultural observation? Would it be "racist" to note the lack of Jews at a Christmas celebration, or would it be a cultural one?

A comment: His standard race card is even more ridiculous than in those hypothetical cases, because Independence Day is a day for the whole nation.

Re the apparent attitude of many blacks toward Independence Day: It commemorates a historical event that had NOTHING to do with slavery - they are completely different issues. Why do they mix up the two? And how many other things do they conflate with slavery? Do they not like the statue of liberty, because 140 years ago they didn't have liberty? Do they not like the name of the capital, Washington DC, because Washington had slaves? Do they dislike Congress because it once voted for the Missouri Compromise? At some point, blacks are just going to have to let go of the past - or perhaps find another country to live in whose long gone history doesn't bedevil them.

...if I may just threadjack you for a second...... is there any recognition of the Treaty of Paris when independence actually took place some 7 years after the "declaration"?

No, because the only effective British government after the Declaration was announced was in those places where the British Army held sway, and that would of course be by martial law. Besides, the British were sore losers - their commissioners refused to pose for the official portrait of the event. :D

treaty_of_paris_by_benjamin_west_1783.jpg

Huh? "Grouping whole people based on their race" constitutes racism? This implies there is no basis to group people into races. I'll give you a chance to reword that.

Look, if I point out that American blacks exhibit disproportionate amounts of antisocial behaviors (as witnessed by their statistically significant overrepresentation in rates of incarceration/recidivism, abortion, drug use, illegitimacy, etc.), it's not racism. If I were to say that these things were the products of some flaw that is characteristic of and inherent to the black race, that is racism -- the belief that races are characterized by inherent differences that allow them to be ordered into a kind of hierarchy, with "superior" races ordered above "inferior" ones.

Libsmasher's pointing out something he regards as undesirable in the behavior of American blacks, their lack of patriotism (which at least one leftist in this thread has conceded even as he attempts to explain it away). There are plenty of things one can find undesirable about American blacks (or whites/Hispanics/Asians/whoever); it doesn't constitute racism to point them out, now does it?

Huh? "Grouping whole people based on their race" constitutes racism? This implies there is no basis to group people into races. I'll give you a chance to reword that.

Look, if I point out that American blacks exhibit disproportionate amounts of antisocial behaviors (as witnessed by their statistically significant overrepresentation in rates of incarceration/recidivism, abortion, drug use, illegitimacy, etc.), it's not racism. If I were to say that these things were the products of some flaw that is characteristic of and inherent to the black race, that is racism -- the belief that races are characterized by inherent differences that allow them to be ordered into a kind of hierarchy, with "superior" races ordered above "inferior" ones.

Libsmasher's pointing out something he regards as undesirable in the behavior of American blacks, their lack of patriotism (which at least one leftist in this thread has conceded even as he attempts to explain it away). There are plenty of things one can find undesirable about American blacks (or whites/Hispanics/Asians/whoever); it doesn't constitute racism to point them out, now does it?

Because he is singling out a Whole race, based on a select few , and based on nothing other then they did not attend the same function he went to..Why should we act like it ok for LIb to just attack the whole Race, based on nothing at all? Its a Insult to the Millions of Blacks who have served this nation and have done more for this nation. Why because they have the same skin as someone else who he does not like...Sorry but you can sugar coat it all you want, and you can call it what you want...But attacking a whole race like shows me how limited his brain must truly be.

Next time I see a protest that's mostly whites, i will just start saying all white people believe what they do, because it was all white people there....

Because he is singling out a Whole race, based on a select few , and based on nothing other then they did not attend the same function he went to..Why should we act like it ok for LIb to just attack the whole Race, based on nothing at all? Its a Insult to the Millions of Blacks who have served this nation and have done more for this nation. Why because they have the same skin as someone else who he does not like...Sorry but you can sugar coat it all you want, and you can call it what you want...But attacking a whole race like shows me how limited his brain must truly be.

Next time I see a protest that's mostly whites, i will just start saying all white people believe what they do, because it was all white people there...

Whatever. Like I said, tasteless/pointless/irrational, maybe. Take your pick. (You're the one "calling it what you want").

But it's not racist.

Werbung:
]It's really not hard to pick a side here. It's good to see where people would like to lead us by all the racist innuendo. It's their right. The light shining on the contrast leaves them no place to hide though![/COLOR]

It's not hard to pick out the low-brow white uncle toms, incapable of debate - when any issue touching on race comes up, their only response is the race card - their drooling mouth opens and they charge everyone and everything with being racist. :D

Back