• Rudy Giuliani

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Bill Frist

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Werbung:
I think a good portion of them will try to run, if the Democrats want to pull off a victory in 2008, they should probably run with Obama (benefit: very brief period of time in the senate, voting population would be to blinded by his populist rhetoric to realize he's no different then the rest of them). Rudi Guilliani would be hard to beat, though I don't know how well he could do in the Republican Primaries.

I never understood the hostility against Hilary Clinton. While I disagree with most of her policies and how she votes in the Senate, I don't see what differentiates her from any of the others...

Senator Hillary Clinton will make history in 2008 (IF) the Democratic party back her campaign. I would love to see Hillary in the White House in 2008, and it would be nice to Hear Bill Clinton and Bruce Springsteen in session again.:cool:

Response to Curefield:

Many people have hostility towards Hilary Clinton due to a book called: The Truth about Hilary. It depicts the kind of character Hilary is, the constant backstabbing of close friends, and use of her husband to get her name up in the game etc.

But she is one who really knows how to play the game of politics.

That book was character assassination. If you think Hilary Clinton is the only unscrupulous politician out there you are living in a dream world. Its petty stuff like that book (and others) that ruin politics in America. Instead of focusing on actual policies and ideology, they focus on personal stuff (which is COMPLETELY subjective to whomever is doing the commentating...So you can only can only imagine that someone with a different political outlook would slander his or her opposition character). I think that also goes to show the inability to articulates ones own opinion on political philosophy, instead invalidating her policies or politics directly, they attack the character in a slick way to discredit any actual policy or ideology that person may have. Its a argumentative fallacy, anyone who has taken a remedial speech and debate class should be savvy with it.

Now don't get me wrong, I hate her politics, but to assassinate her character is absurd because know one knows her personality except those close to her. That goes for everyone public figure as well.

that book was written, and interviewed based on her closest friends.

and if you hate her politics, i don't see why you have much to say about her character. Because it was her character that mostly made the kind of politician she is today.

Point being is that character analysis has no room in practical politics, it is just another method of politicking itself. Her closest friends to her right now openly agreed to bash her in a book? If that is so, then it would appear to me that it shouldn't be Hilary's personal integrity that should be in question, it should those supposed friends of her.

My point being is, if there are flaws with her political career, you should be able to point them out in her policies and the way she votes in the Senate, not if she has flawed characteristics about her personality, because in all actuality, how can any one judge anyone else's character as if they themself are flawless.

yes, I see your point. I was being too irrational here, you are right about the politics.

Werbung:
Back