Would you work for a huge salary?

Would you take a job for a huge salary?

• yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • no

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
I am going to assume that is sarcasm. (the alternative is that you are portraying who you are)

I would note that I said an honest job not a legal job.

Do you really think that the examples you gave are commonplace? Do you suppose that businesses that operate like that stay in business?

If the things you mentioned are wrong then why did our gov officials not make them illegal?

Abortion is legal, the bank bailouts were legal, war is legal--even preemptive war. What's your point with this thread? You are being pretty cagey using undefined words like "honest" when you know perfectly well that for most of the human race honesty is what's legal or what you can get away with. If you're in advertising then you use the word "truth" instead of honesty. And what you get is:
Truth is what sells.
Truth is what you want people to believe.
Truth is that which is not legally false.

Werbung:
I would so that I could afford to arm millions of workers with AK-47S, and maybe bazookas and tanks, OOH and a Scud Launcher, maybe. Perhaps gattling guns as well, and bunkers and planes and turrets, and perhaps equipment-jamming crap. Using this, we will liberate the world, and all that money would be gone...

I have worked for several companies that did this and more. You must not have worked for, or been aware of the politics that typically go on in every organization. Or, your ideology blinds you to the truth.

The Dilbert cartoon is based on people sending in the unsavory conduct on behalf of typical managements. Unions were the end result of despicable company behavior.

you worked at sears to? :)

I would so that I could afford to arm millions of workers with AK-47S, and maybe bazookas and tanks, OOH and a Scud Launcher, maybe. Perhaps gattling guns as well, and bunkers and planes and turrets, and perhaps equipment-jamming crap. Using this, we will liberate the world, and all that money would be gone...

A good true Marxist should also know that "war" is always fought with the working man dead and killing...while someone in power will always be on top away from the war. The Situation you speak of, would end one way...countless Civilians and working men and woman dead...

like that scud? who the hell is going to fire it for you? and at what? Your Marxist I want to be Che bull ideas lead only to Death of the same people you pledge to help.

And I don't say that as some super Capitalist...on my bookshelf you would find the communist Manifesto, The art of Guerrilla war by Che, Steal this Book, The autobiography of Che...EZLN supporter....ect....but what you seem to want, has and will never lead to what you want. its a path taken , and a path that always has failed.

I have worked for several companies that did this and more. You must not have worked for, or been aware of the politics that typically go on in every organization. Or, your ideology blinds you to the truth.

Previously I had been thinking about posting a comment about the stupidity of people that would choose to work for a company like that. I guess I will hold that comment. Oh man! The cat is out of the bag.

So was it horrible when the boss gave you free donuts to know that they were a day old?

When you accepted that job that was 5% below market why did you do that?

Abortion is legal, the bank bailouts were legal, war is legal--even preemptive war. What's your point with this thread? You are being pretty cagey using undefined words like "honest" when you know perfectly well that for most of the human race honesty is what's legal or what you can get away with. If you're in advertising then you use the word "truth" instead of honesty. And what you get is:
Truth is what sells.
Truth is what you want people to believe.
Truth is that which is not legally false.

The point is to find out if people are against huge salaries when they are gained by taking advantage of others or abusing their rights or if people object to huge salaries even when others are not taken advantage of or abused.

Your post illustrates a failing of government to protect people's rights. Obviously people need to take care of their own protection even with government involvement.

It seems that a few here are trying to make the point that huge salaries can ONLY be earned when others are taken advantage of. It is a bull argument but it seems to be what some are saying. Why, if huge salaries were earned by taking advantage of others then salaries that are just large would be the result of less taking advantage and salaries that were small would still be the result of taking advantage of people, just on a small scale.

I believe that while a person can be taken advantage of first they need to protect themselves by making wise choices, then gov protects them through laws. I also believe people at all levels of pay are capable of treating others' rights with respect. You know, people like Michelle Obama who made/makes a large salary. Or do you think she did that by being a greedy *****?

A good true Marxist should also know that "war" is always fought with the working man dead and killing...while someone in power will always be on top away from the war. The Situation you speak of, would end one way...countless Civilians and working men and woman dead...

like that scud? who the hell is going to fire it for you? and at what? Your Marxist I want to be Che bull ideas lead only to Death of the same people you pledge to help.

And I don't say that as some super Capitalist...on my bookshelf you would find the communist Manifesto, The art of Guerrilla war by Che, Steal this Book, The autobiography of Che...EZLN supporter....ect....but what you seem to want, has and will never lead to what you want. its a path taken , and a path that always has failed.

Im only gonna aim this crap at the enemy soldiers, and will not sit back and whatch, but be on the front line with an AK.

Would I work for a huge salary? Sure, as long as it was honest work. Does anyone know of an opening for a CEO, one that would pay a huge salary, an enormous bonus if I screwed up, and an even more ginormous one if I didn't? Could I get an extra bonus for convincing the federal government to bail out my company should mismanagement threaten to make it crash and burn?

I know that there are jobs like that out there, as we've already seen the results of them. I just don't know where to apply.

The point is to find out if people are against huge salaries when they are gained by taking advantage of others or abusing their rights or if people object to huge salaries even when others are not taken advantage of or abused.

Your post illustrates a failing of government to protect people's rights. Obviously people need to take care of their own protection even with government involvement.

It seems that a few here are trying to make the point that huge salaries can ONLY be earned when others are taken advantage of. It is a bull argument but it seems to be what some are saying. Why, if huge salaries were earned by taking advantage of others then salaries that are just large would be the result of less taking advantage and salaries that were small would still be the result of taking advantage of people, just on a small scale.

I believe that while a person can be taken advantage of first they need to protect themselves by making wise choices, then gov protects them through laws. I also believe people at all levels of pay are capable of treating others' rights with respect. You know, people like Michelle Obama who made/makes a large salary. Or do you think she did that by being a greedy *****?

I don't know if it is possible to earn a huge salary without taking advantage of others. Can you give me an example of a way to earn this huge salary in an ethical way, without taking advantge of others? Without an example I would probably conclude that it's not possible.

Even if one CAN find a way to ethically EARN the huge salary, there is no way that they can keep it ethically, not when people are starving, homeless, and lacking in nearly everything that makes life livable.

The only scenario that I could think of where one could gather a lot of money without taking direct advantage of others is the lottery. Everyone who plays has the same chances and no one makes them plunk down their money. But if you win the lottery you would have to use the money for helping others or else you WOULD be taking advantage of them.

The Indians of the Pacific Northwest had a ceremony called the "potlatch" in which the people who had the most stuff gave it away to others who had less. This voluntary redistribution of wealth insured that no one was left cold, hungry, and unclothed. Giving this way garnered immense respect from others, it was something to be emulated, people worked hard so that they could give to others. Hoarding was anathema. Christianity used to have a similar process for wealth redistribution called "jubilee years" in which debts were forgiven and wealth shared, slaves freed, land left fallow to rest. This is another thing that has been lost from Christianity in our mad rush to capitalistic riches at the expense of our fellows. Somehow, we as a people, have come to believe that rich people deserve their wealth, that they are the ones to be emulated, despite the fact that Jesus said just the opposite.

Can you realy be this dumb? I mean you have to be a fake...I AM A COMMISSON SALES PERSON >>>>HAVE BEEN FOR SOME TIME. I even have a Dagree in Sales and Marketing...who pays you to sell anything is beyond me.

Question??? What is a "DAGREE" , is that when a radical answers a question by saying "DA"? Or is that a Obama honor given to those who have the most food stamps. "DA Boss " - lol,lol sometimes the result of a fascist goverment does produce humorous results! Still the price is just too high to maintain !

Werbung:
Back