Would you work for a huge salary?

Would you take a job for a huge salary?

• yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • no

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
If an employer offers a poor salary and someone takes it then they must have thought that they could not do any better and the salary was not really poor at all.

You missed the part where there was very little employment available, people had to take what they could get.

The value judgment of if the salary [Sic, hourly wage], was poor or not is not relative to if they could or could not do any better, it is relative to the quality of life it enables for themselves and their children...Conservative ideology notwithstanding.

Your ideology has obviously insulated your practice of "Christan values", from the reality of the poor working class.

Werbung:
A person who chooses to work for a company that takes advantage of them and offers a raw deal would be making a stupid decision.

I said that one poster here who claimed to have taken such a job made a stupid decision. Then I pretended to withdraw the statement but it was too late the cat was out of the bag. Then you came along and said that you too took a job knowing that you were being taken advantage of.

Why would you do such a thing?
I would depend on how hungry their children were. A choice between no food at all, and a box of macaroni and cheese.

Is there any product that is produced by Unionized companies that are better than the same product produced by non unionized companies?

I haven't seen any.

Companies are in business for one thing and that is to make a profit.
No person goes into business thinking that he's there for the the "collective"

If the by-product of the business means employment for some, that's fine. But that's not why businesses exist. Solely to employ people.

They exist to deliver/make product or service that is needed or desired. Once the costs of doing business exceed the level of income the business owner is willing to accept as compensation for his time and efforts and sacrifices as a business owner, he will no longer want to stay in that business.

Profit - Loss.

Anyone on this forum who ever has run a business knows this.
You are absolutely correct. That is the exact philosophy of the robber barons. I am sure that the coal mine owner of Matawan would have agreed with you.

But you didn't answer the first part of the reply.

Is there any product that is produced by Unionized companies that are better than the same product produced by non unionized companies?

But you didn't answer the first part of the reply.

How about middle class American consumers with the wherewithall to purchase those material products and keep the wheels of industry turning?

If the worker can purchase what he produces, then industry has a market. If he can't, then there is no market. Henry Ford figured that out a century ago.

No I would never work for a hourly wage nor a huge stated salary . Why?, Because the person or company paying a given amount must be making a nice profit. And when I reach his number I cannot make anymore for that period. SO< I only work in SALES and COMMISSION PAID SALES. This way my income is limited only by my superior sales skills. Thus , I make TOP DOLLAR , every year. In good times or Obama times , A great Salesperson can always SELL! NEVER limit yourself, if you want to go the route of a Robot , join a Union! Plus as a Union Goon , you can beat up Senior Citizens for relaxation!

Just an observation:

Almost every CEO I know considers themselves the top sales person for their company. Even though they receive what most would consider a salary, in reality it is a commission on every product sold.

Yes, I would like to be the chairman of the board of directors for a large company. I would get the job by guile and "office politics"(undermining, taking credit for others efforts, etc.) to best the other board members for the position. I would immediately cut overtime for hourly employees and still expect the production to be the same. I would establish the starting wage by researching what other factories paid for the same work, subtract 5%, and when advertising the position, mention that the wage was "competitive". It would be an "at will" company so that I could eliminate any employee who appeared to be disgruntled and may try and start a union. I would make it a firing offense to reveal to the other workers what they were being paid. I would further prove my worth by increasing the profit margin, by paying new employees less than the ones I laid off. I would also increase profit margin by no longer contributing to employee 401ks. I would increase profit by dropping health insurance coverage for employees; they can pay for it themselves if the want it. I would increase profit by importing more parts/raw material from China because it is cheaper. I would increase profit by cheapening the quality or quantity of the product while still charging the same. I would eliminate all personal days for hourly workers; they would lose a day of work if they had to go somewhere(doctor, school conference, etc.) during working hours. I would still pretend to value the employees, but on donut day, I would get day-old donuts because they are cheaper. I would expect a huge bonus because I had increased the profit margin. But I never broke any laws. Yes, life is gooooood!

There is no question there are unscrupulous executives. That can be said for every occupation. Even hobbies, like commenting on political chat boards. The sad part is that you are so tainted by a few that you fail to realize that some of those people you paint with your brush of bigotry and hate are good family people who started off somewhere near the bottom or started the company themselves. They risked more than anyone else and in most cases gave more of themselves than most everyone else. Are their lazy dumb a##es, sure. But, most were willing to do what you weren't, either in school or in life.

By the way, if they do something illegal then they should go to jail. When they get away with it then the people who let them off should join them in a jail cell. Half the SEC comes to mind.

Im only gonna aim this crap at the enemy soldiers, and will not sit back and whatch, but be on the front line with an AK.

My suggestion is that you should move to Burma or Sumatra. The working class needs all the help they can get to overcome the suppression of a controlling government. They're at a time in their history when your energy would be valuable.

Can you realy be this dumb? I mean you have to be a fake...I AM A COMMISSON SALES PERSON >>>>HAVE BEEN FOR SOME TIME. I even have a Dagree in Sales and Marketing...who pays you to sell anything is beyond me.

Question??? What is a "DAGREE" , is that when a radical answers a question by saying "DA"? Or is that a Obama honor given to those who have the most food stamps. "DA Boss " - lol,lol sometimes the result of a fascist goverment does produce humorous results! Still the price is just too high to maintain !

Dude, I can't believe you're bashing over typo's. Give it a rest. If you have no content to argue then just bow out. Stop the slander on petty stuff like syntax and spelling.

Dude, I can't believe you're bashing over typo's. Give it a rest. If you have no content to argue then just bow out. Stop the slander on petty stuff like syntax and spelling.
If you would read a couple of the original posts, will find that they are not typos. They are misspellings. They guy has no clue about syntax, spelling, or anything he posts. His writing "style" is indicative of a dullard. Yet, he persists in posting his "sage insights". Unless you are an administrator, your, "...just bow out...", is as flatulent in the wind. The guy is just expressing his opinion. Perhaps you should give it a rest.

If you would read a couple of the original posts, will find that they are not typos. They are misspellings. They guy has no clue about syntax, spelling, or anything he posts. His writing "style" is indicative of a dullard. Yet, he persists in posting his "sage insights". Unless you are an administrator, your, "...just bow out...", is as flatulent in the wind. The guy is just expressing his opinion. Perhaps you should give it a rest.

Mother Teresa couldn't spell worth beans and Martin Luther King's use of punctuation was horrible. I find grammar and spelling to be an excuse for not wanting to hear another person's point of view. It is not an opinion, it is bashing. If you have a different point of view then voice it, supported with content. If all you can do is mock or belittle then take a pass and find another thread to comment on. IMHO

I never have claimed great spelling, also I type fast and dont always go back to fix evrything....that said , I will take knowing what I am talking about and thinking...over correct spelling and the drivle that spews of minds like Always...
its retarded, but ooo look he spelled it right ! and yes had I actuly looked at it before I posted, I would have noticed I spelled it wrong and fixed it....

Just an observation:

Almost every CEO I know considers themselves the top sales person for their company. Even though they receive what most would consider a salary, in reality it is a commission on every product sold.

most good CEO's should know that there job has nothing to do with being a Salesperson....people all to often think that if you can sell something, you can be a manager of said sales people...or vice versa...some of the best sales people I know...Horrible managers.....best managers,,,,could not sell crap if they had to.

A person who chooses to work for a company that takes advantage of them and offers a raw deal would be making a stupid decision.

I said that one poster here who claimed to have taken such a job made a stupid decision. Then I pretended to withdraw the statement but it was too late the cat was out of the bag. Then you came along and said that you too took a job knowing that you were being taken advantage of.

Why would you do such a thing?

first I did not say that I did...I made a joke about my former employeer who did screw over its workers....sears....when I started working there, they actuy did treat workers ok ...and then they started to get worse and worse....then got bought out, and decided to rape there own employees for profit while the pissed of the consumer....basicly they wanted to get in make a quick buck and let it go...no long term intent....the company I quit ...was not the one who Hired me

Werbung:
If you could get an honest job for a huge huge salary would you take it? Suppose you could star in a movie and make millions annually in royalties? Or you could found a company like Microsoft or Google? Maybe you could be a pro football/basketball/other player? Maybe you just had eight kids and made a tv show about it called "Jon and Kate Plus Eight"? Does it matter as long as you are honest and don't break laws in the process?
It depends on the job. So, would I work for a huge salary? Sure if I didnt mind the job. But there are some lines I would not cross. I could think of a bunch of different scenarios, but ultimately...money isnt everything.

In regards to the Jon and Kate reference, I never watched the show. So I know that there has been a long running media frenzy over the whole thing but I skip those stories. But the lesson here is one that runs true for many. That when it comes to fame and fortune, especially instant and "random" fame I would rather be a normal citizen than subject myself to some media freakshow despite how much money comes along with it....I am generally happy with where I am right now. Getting a million bucks to have the inner workings of the families life exploited for the world to watch like zoo creatures doesnt appeal to me in the slightest.

Back