Would you work for a huge salary?

Would you take a job for a huge salary?

• yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • no

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Werbung:
I would give some money to OBama's brother.
He has lived in a hut on $12/month for years.

I would raise his income to $20/month and he
would love me more than Obama, because I actually cared for him!

Can you realy be this dumb? I mean you have to be a fake...I AM A COMMISSON SALES PERSON >>>>HAVE BEEN FOR SOME TIME. I even have a Dagree in Sales and Marketing...who pays you to sell anything is beyond me.

Question??? What is a "DAGREE" , is that when a radical answers a question by saying "DA"? Or is that a Obama honor given to those who have the most food stamps. "DA Boss " - lol,lol sometimes the result of a fascist goverment does produce humorous results! Still the price is just too high to maintain !

I will accept that you agree you lost, as going for the typo attack is pretty lame and only the resort of someone on there last leg. But I am sure going door to door selling newspaper subscriptions pays you very well on your commission :)

Im only gonna aim this crap at the enemy soldiers, and will not sit back and whatch, but be on the front line with an AK.

shows how little you know. A good Marxist would know that the enemy troops you fire on....are not the elite, or the ones who profit off others backs...but the poor and middle class looking for a paycheck and a way out a crappy situation in life often.. The are the working class, they are the ones you claim to be for. If you cant win the war with ideas, and voting, you already have lost the war in this nation. So long as the power to vote and effect change with the ballot is there, it is the only way you can see true revoultion to a marxist system. Guns and arms lead to Stalin and Mao....Dictatorships at odds with the ideas of Marxist. This is not a problem with marxism, but a problem with armed Revolution.....its very rare that when the enemy is killed...that the goals of the people are left and the factions turn on each other...or the ones in power decide to keep that power.

shows how little you know. A good Marxist would know that the enemy troops you fire on....are not the elite, or the ones who profit off others backs...but the poor and middle class looking for a paycheck and a way out a crappy situation in life often.. The are the working class, they are the ones you claim to be for. If you cant win the war with ideas, and voting, you already have lost the war in this nation. So long as the power to vote and effect change with the ballot is there, it is the only way you can see true revoultion to a marxist system. Guns and arms lead to Stalin and Mao....Dictatorships at odds with the ideas of Marxist. This is not a problem with marxism, but a problem with armed Revolution.....its very rare that when the enemy is killed...that the goals of the people are left and the factions turn on each other...or the ones in power decide to keep that power.

I take everything I said back, and will edit my post. I am sorry for my ignorance, and it will not happen again.

Oops, sorry, my posts are too old to edit.

Previously I had been thinking about posting a comment about the stupidity of people that would choose to work for a company like that. I guess I will hold that comment. Oh man! The cat is out of the bag.
The small town that hosted the last place I worked had little industry, very high unemployment. The people who worked there were lucky to be employed at all. They had little choice. And having worked in many different industries/companies, I have observed that they are all, "...like that..". The company that is efficient, makes the right decisions, cares for its employees is a modern day myth that only Republicans who have never worked in industry believe. If there are any like that, they would be those that follow the practices of Deming. There are many companies in Japan that follow Deming's methods, but the companies that do so in the U.S. are far and few between.

So was it horrible when the boss gave you free donuts to know that they were a day old?
I was being facetious. There were free, fresh donuts on Friday mornings. Until they stopped the practice altogether.

When you accepted that job that was 5% below market why did you do that?
I did not. Having an advanced degree, just killing time until I would retire (and getting a pension from my last job), I was hired in at a wage that was twice what the women who had worked there and were training me, and were doing the same work were getting (I had though that sex discrimination had ended years ago, but now know that it has continued to flourish with the nurturing of business over people by the Republican "anything goes" regimes.). When things got tighter money wise, the lesser hiring wage was put into place. However, there were no other jobs available in the immediate area, except for a sweat-shop that produced fiber glass insulation, where the working conditions were so bad that it was like a revolving door.

I don't know if it is possible to earn a huge salary without taking advantage of others. Can you give me an example of a way to earn this huge salary in an ethical way, without taking advantge of others? Without an example I would probably conclude that it's not possible.

Even if one CAN find a way to ethically EARN the huge salary, there is no way that they can keep it ethically, not when people are starving, homeless, and lacking in nearly everything that makes life livable.

You found one way to ethically earn a huge salary. There are a million more. For every high paying job in the world just do it ethically and that is another example. Ethics are a personal choice so anyone can make the right choice. Here is another example; be the basketball player who brings in the most fans.
The only scenario that I could think of where one could gather a lot of money without taking direct advantage of others is the lottery. Everyone who plays has the same chances and no one makes them plunk down their money. But if you win the lottery you would have to use the money for helping others or else you WOULD be taking advantage of them.

I agree that those who earn money (or have money) have a responsibility to be their brothers keeper. It is part of loving God and man.

I am note sure what you mean there....

A person who chooses to work for a company that takes advantage of them and offers a raw deal would be making a stupid decision.

I said that one poster here who claimed to have taken such a job made a stupid decision. Then I pretended to withdraw the statement but it was too late the cat was out of the bag. Then you came along and said that you too took a job knowing that you were being taken advantage of.

Why would you do such a thing?

The small town that hosted the last place I worked had little industry, very high unemployment. The people who worked there were lucky to be employed at all. They had little choice. And having worked in many different industries/companies, I have observed that they are all, "...like that..". The company that is efficient, makes the right decisions, cares for its employees is a modern day myth that only Republicans who have never worked in industry believe. If there are any like that, they would be those that follow the practices of Deming. There are many companies in Japan that follow Deming's methods, but the companies that do so in the U.S. are far and few between.

So you are saying that the employer offered the best opportunity around and the people who worked there were lucky!
I was being facetious. There were free, fresh donuts on Friday mornings. Until they stopped the practice altogether.
What else did you misrepresent? Offering fresh free donuts sounds like a generous thing to do to me.
I did not.

So you misrepresented another fact when you said you worked for an employer who took advantage of you.
Having an advanced degree, just killing time until I would retire (and getting a pension from my last job), I was hired in at a wage that was twice what the women who had worked there and were training me, and were doing the same work were getting (I had though that sex discrimination had ended years ago, but now know that it has continued to flourish with the nurturing of business over people by the Republican "anything goes" regimes.).

You really meant to say that the company screwed other people but not you. Yet in the paragraph above you give us evidence that you were worth more than the woman because you had an advanced degree.

Why don't you tell us a real example of how this company screwed some group?

If an employer offers a poor salary and someone takes it then they must have thought that they could not do any better and the salary was not really poor at all.

You really meant to say that the company screwed other people but not you. Yet in the paragraph above you give us evidence that you were worth more than the woman because you had an advanced degree.
The company was screwing everyone there is some way or another. I was not hired in to practice my advanced degree, I was hired to do the same work as the woman who was training me. She should have been making more than I was being paid.

Why don't you tell us a real example of how this company screwed some group?

The women working there were making much less than the men despite doing the same work, and in many cases, were better at performing the work (which would negate the claim that pay was merit based) than the men.

You seem to be a little slow on the uptake. Perhaps you have "hardened your heart" against the reality of working in a non-union environment.

Werbung:
Is there any product that is produced by Unionized companies that are better than the same product produced by non unionized companies?

I haven't seen any.

Companies are in business for one thing and that is to make a profit.
No person goes into business thinking that he's there for the the "collective"

If the by-product of the business means employment for some, that's fine. But that's not why businesses exist. Solely to employ people.

They exist to deliver/make product or service that is needed or desired. Once the costs of doing business exceed the level of income the business owner is willing to accept as compensation for his time and efforts and sacrifices as a business owner, he will no longer want to stay in that business.

Profit - Loss.

Anyone on this forum who ever has run a business knows this.

Back