>2009 Holiday Online Boycott<

OK Pandora your comment has inspired the new page "Hall Of Shame" to the 2009 Holiday Boycott.

Werbung:
In the mad rush to get the site up we forgot to add South Carolina..duh! It's in the Hall Of Shame now: http://placeofnopity.com/photo_1.html

In the Hall Of Shame when you click the state seals they lead you to articles of shame explaning the reason for that state's quarantine from online shopping this year.

OK Pandora your comment has inspired the new page "Hall Of Shame" to the 2009 Holiday Boycott.

Hahah, well at least I inspired something :)

I am very curious to find out how your boycott went.

I still say you might be hurting good companies who agree with you and dontate to causes you like but happen to live in states where the leaders do not agree.

but to each their own, I love a good boycott

Hahah, well at least I inspired something :)

I still say you might be hurting good companies who agree with you and dontate to causes you like but happen to live in states where the leaders do not agree.

but to each their own, I love a good boycott

Personally, I think I'll visit their hall of shame often - and TRY to give my holiday dollars to states who have at least SOME voice of reason and are so delegated to their "shameful" status.

Why don't you people channel all that energy, enthusiasm and IMAGINATION into something that could actually solve problems? What a waste.

I can't see the amount of online holiday shopping to be large enough to matter to a whole state. Sure an individual retailer might have trouble. But why would one want to punish a retailer for the actions of the leaders of a state?

It would make more sense to actively campaign against the re-election of leaders that you do not like. You could to this by donating money to his opponent or even to his opposition party.

For example Dick Durbin is an idiot (one of only 7 in all of congress) who voted to keep giving money to ACORN. Everyone all across America who agrees that this was stupid and probably for political gain should support his opponent in the next election.

Well that's easy to answer, people have to pull together and get real about health care for everyone. The folks in the states whose leaders stand either silent or opposed to the 70%+ and growing numbers of the general public who want it [remember we live in a democracy where majority rules OK?] begin to pressure those leaders to take a stand and support the public option. Either that or they trust the "numbers" the med goons are feeding them and bank that the boycott won't matter..

It's really a game of gambling on how many people actually do support the Public Option vs how many the GOP says. You know, put your money where your facts are. That kind of thing.

If it were true that 70+ and growing number of people really supported it then the democrats who control the house and the senate would have nothing to fear and they could have passed it last August. But they are afraid, very afraid, that they will not be re-elected if they vote for it.

If it were true that 70+ and growing number of people really supported it then the democrats who control the house and the senate would have nothing to fear and they could have passed it last August. But they are afraid, very afraid, that they will not be re-elected if they vote for it.

They're less likely to be reelected if they can't pass some kind of reasonable health care reform. Why do you think that other party, the one that calls itself "conservative" is fighting it tooth and nail?

Personally, I think I'll visit their hall of shame often - and TRY to give my holiday dollars to states who have at least SOME voice of reason and are so delegated to their "shameful" status.

Why don't you people channel all that energy, enthusiasm and IMAGINATION into something that could actually solve problems? What a waste.

Thats a good idea, I do that when I can. Some Jew hating person posted here a boycott of products that supported Israel, so I took the list and started buying it.

I have to lay off the coke though :) I drank it all summer to support Israel :)

They're less likely to be reelected if they can't pass some kind of reasonable health care reform. Why do you think that other party, the one that calls itself "conservative" is fighting it tooth and nail?

I agree that P. Obama will appear to have failed if no bill is passed. Perhaps a few who wrote such bills too. But I do not think that people will blame democratic congressmen as a whole if no bill is passed. (well maybe liberals since right now it is the internal fighting that is holding up the process)

However, if a bill is passed it is a lot easier to find something to complain about when you can look at it and examine it than when it is a theoretical concept. There will be something in the bill for everyone to hate.

But if you are right then that will make me happier if the bill fails.

I agree that P. Obama will appear to have failed if no bill is passed. Perhaps a few who wrote such bills too. But I do not think that people will blame democratic congressmen as a whole if no bill is passed. (well maybe liberals since right now it is the internal fighting that is holding up the process)

However, if a bill is passed it is a lot easier to find something to complain about when you can look at it and examine it than when it is a theoretical concept. There will be something in the bill for everyone to hate.

But if you are right then that will make me happier if the bill fails.

It will make a lot of partisans who consider themselves to be conservatives happy. That is why they're so busy throwing out red herrings, setting up straw men, and fearmongering.

They say that they're for reform, and maybe they are. They just don't want it to happen on the Democrat's watch.

Party above country, that seems to be the order of the day.

It will make a lot of partisans who consider themselves to be conservatives happy. That is why they're so busy throwing out red herrings, setting up straw men, and fearmongering.

They say that they're for reform, and maybe they are. They just don't want it to happen on the Democrat's watch.

Party above country, that seems to be the order of the day.

I think that is very wrong and very partisan to say.

Wanting reform is something everyone wants. Not just reform for reforms sake even though there are major problems with the reform. but real reform that is actually helpful.

I dont think anyone would care whos watch it came under as long as it was real reform.

I think that is very wrong and very partisan to say.

Wanting reform is something everyone wants. Not just reform for reforms sake even though there are major problems with the reform. but real reform that is actually helpful.

I dont think anyone would care whos watch it came under as long as it was real reform.

Really? Maybe it's just my cynicism working overtime, but the absolute nonsense that is being spouted about health care reform looks a lot to me like sheer rotten partisan politics. If the objective is not to stop reform, the result is likely to be just that.

And, it doesn't look to me as if reform is what everyone wants. Maybe it is what everyone who doesn't have a vested interest in the current system of health insurance wants.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope so, but my cynicism seems to guide me to the correct answers most of the time.

How's this one for offing gramma?

jd090918.gif

Really? Maybe it's just my cynicism working overtime, but the absolute nonsense that is being spouted about health care reform looks a lot to me like sheer rotten partisan politics. If the objective is not to stop reform, the result is likely to be just that.

And, it doesn't look to me as if reform is what everyone wants. Maybe it is what everyone who doesn't have a vested interest in the current system of health insurance wants. I would even celebrate that he did something so great. who cares what name something is under as long as its done, and done well.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope so, but my cynicism seems to guide me to the correct answers most of the time.

you do not see any thing wrong with the bill presented?

I see a ton of things wrong with it.

sucky reform for the sake of reform is dumb IMO

As much as I hate obama I would welcome him fixing our problems with health care, lowering the cost of hospital stays, lowering the cost of insurance.

but not at the cost of making our healthcare like europe or those other countries where we have no more choices.

Werbung:
Went? It's only September and we just got it off the ground last week..

January 1, 2010 will be the wrap up date.

As to those heartily opposed to accessible and sane affordable Public Option, I encourage you to support the states against it. Like I said, this is a game of numbers. I happen to feel very good about the numbers being accurate as to 70%+ being FOR the Public Option. If you are dead sure I'm wrong, the boycott shouldn't rattle you at all.

It's like a general election in a free country. We'll see where the chips fall and the cash doesn't...

If there are businesses in states whose leaders, like with Sen. Lieberman, are stubbornly refusing to represent the majority Will of their constituents, I imagine it will not only cost those businesses that still silently refuse to pressure him, it will likely cost Lieberman his re-election. These things have a funny way of ironing themselves out. The whole idea is to give power to the 70% who are having it stripped away by bribery.

Back