A Great-Opportunity For The "Pro-Life" Folks!

Werbung:
No, you could do what nearly every civilsed country in the world has done and abolish the death penalty.

Your post is a perfect exemplification of the hypocrisy of pro-lifers.

It is the easiest thing in the world to abolish the death penalty and thereby avoid murdering people but you obviously value those lives very lightly compared to a few brainless cells.

Are you prepared to be executed for a crime you didn't commit?

I have enough faith in the system and the court system that after years of appeals and interest groups working my case, if I am innocent it will come out.

The subject is not convictions. The subject is EXECUTIONS.

A reasonable/civilized-person would consider the obvious.

There is no execution without a conviction. They are quite linked.

"Moralists"/Pro-Lifers would prefer a good-ol'-fashioned stoning....no questions asked....like any other lynch-mob. It just seems they can't give-up that age-old tradition of blood-sacrifices.....especially when there's so much entertainment-value, for them.

.....And, never will have to make the decision, right? :rolleyes:

How convenient, for American Society's (self-proclaimed) Patriarchs.

How exactly do I find "entertainment" with the death penalty? As for "no questions asked" that is ridiculous, that is what the trial is for, and the multiple appeals.

Oh really?

Well check this.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/510

''2. Prior reviews by courts of the constitutionality of the death penalty did not have the benefit of recent developments that have shown a continuous stream of innocent people sentenced to death, some coming close to execution. The most dramatic revelations have come in the form of exonerations following DNA testing which was not available at the time of trial. These exonerations question the reliability of the entire system to select only the guilty for the death penalty. There are a number of reasons why the courts may have made such fundamental errors, including the quality of representation, the use of suspect evidence, and the failure to turn over all exculpatory evidence to the defense. In the final analysis, the present system falls so far short of reliability as to be unacceptable. The risks of error may be even higher in capital cases than in non-capital prosecutions, and the federal death penalty system is in no way immune from these dangers. ''

I suppose you were an opponent of the death penalty before DNA evidence came along weren't you BigRob?

No

Your pro life stance is hugely hypocritical.

We can start on civilian deaths in war next if you like.

Let me guess, they are collateral damage, the US uses precision bombing, only goes for military targets and the rest of the bull**** that people use to justify in their own minds the mass murder of hundreds of thousands of men, women and children.

Hey, but we must scream about the rights of a few brainless cells.

What about bombing pregnant women? Is that a predicament for you?

Yaaaaaaa - killing a pack of islamofascists is the moral equivalent of killing a fetus. What a tard. :D :p ;)

And middle class

The kind of people who are very lax with the gradual loss of civil liberty because they are not in the class that suffers the abuses first.

Yet.

Oh really?

Well check this.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/510

''2. Prior reviews by courts of the constitutionality of the death penalty did not have the benefit of recent developments that have shown a continuous stream of innocent people sentenced to death, some coming close to execution. The most dramatic revelations have come in the form of exonerations following DNA testing which was not available at the time of trial. These exonerations question the reliability of the entire system to select only the guilty for the death penalty. There are a number of reasons why the courts may have made such fundamental errors, including the quality of representation, the use of suspect evidence, and the failure to turn over all exculpatory evidence to the defense. In the final analysis, the present system falls so far short of reliability as to be unacceptable. The risks of error may be even higher in capital cases than in non-capital prosecutions, and the federal death penalty system is in no way immune from these dangers. ''

OK, so 1 review from a biased source makes the US court system a sham? I think not.

I suppose you were an opponent of the death penalty before DNA evidence came along weren't you BigRob?

No

Your pro life stance is hugely hypocritical.

No it is not. I am saying people have the right to life. That right can be forfeited in the court system if they are found guilty of taking away the right to life of another person.

We can start on civilian deaths in war next if you like.

I hope we move on to car crashes next. :rolleyes:

Let me guess, they are collateral damage, the US uses precision bombing, only goes for military targets and the rest of the bull**** that people use to justify in their own minds the mass murder of hundreds of thousands of men, women and children.

Hey, but we must scream about the rights of a few brainless cells.

What about bombing pregnant women? Is that a predicament for you?

Perhaps we should ask the 300,000 people Saddam apparently killed in his rise to power and throughout his rule instead. If you want to whine about innocent people dying in war, at least mention the innocent people dying before the war. Sometimes war is necessary and people will die it, it is sad, but it is the way it goes.

Oh, so two wrongs make a right. I see.

I wonder why the US Government doesn't trump up WMD charges against Congo to save hundreds of thousands of lives. I just can't figure that one out. Then Congo could get the humanitarian bombing that Iraq got to help their poor citizens out.

Doesn't Congo have ANY oil and or gas?

And executing innocent people is ok because it means you can keep a useless nasty barbaric punishment that most of the world has rejected in place to satisfy your bloodlust

It is so confusing being pro life.

It would make a lot more sense if pro lifers called themselves pro deathers.

Werbung:
Back