Barney Frank gets biatch slapped by Bill O'reilley

Werbung:
You're wrong, wrong, wrong about dems not being the major culprits in this crisis though. Why can't you admit it? For God's sake even Alec Baldwin, the poster boy for dems admits it. It just is. Barney Frank needs to pay. Politically and personally.
I guess it's lookin' like you & Mr. Carpenter are wrong, AS USUAL!!!! :p

"This is a full-blown financial storm and one that comes around perhaps once every 50 or 100 years. This is the real thing," says Jim Grant, the editor of "Grant's Interest Rate Observer."

Grant is one of the country’s foremost experts on credit markets. He says it didn't have to happen, that this disaster was created entirely by Wall Street itself, during a time of relative prosperity. And they did it by placing a trillion dollar bet, with mostly borrowed money, that the riskiest mortgages in the country could be turned into gold-plated investments.

"The idea that you could lend money to someone who couldn't pay it back is not an inherently attractive idea to the layman, right. However, it seemed to fly with people who were making $10 million a year," Grant says.

These complex financial instruments were actually designed by mathematicians and physicists, who used algorithms and computer models to reconstitute the unreliable loans in a way that was supposed to eliminate most of the risk.

"Obviously they turned out to be wrong," Partnoy says.

Asked why, he says, "Because you can't model human behavior with math."

What most people outside of Wall Street and Washington don't know is that a lot of people who bought these risky mortgage securities also went out and bought even more arcane investments that Wall Street was peddling called "credit default swaps." And they have turned out to be a much bigger problem.

Before your eyes glaze over, Michael Greenberger, a law professor at the University of Maryland and a former director of trading and markets for the Commodities Futures Trading Commission, says they are much simpler than they sound. "A credit default swap is a contract between two people, one of whom is giving insurance to the other that he will be paid in the event that a financial institution, or a financial instrument, fails," he explains.

"It is an insurance contract, but they've been very careful not to call it that because if it were insurance, it would be regulated. So they use a magic substitute word called a 'swap,' which by virtue of federal law is deregulated," Greenberger adds."

But he says there was a big problem. "The problem was that if it were insurance, or called what it really is, the person who sold the policy would have to have capital reserves to be able to pay in the case the insurance was called upon or triggered. But because it was a swap, and not insurance, there was no requirement that adequate capital reserves be put to the side."

Ya' know....I'm (actually) startin' to feel kinda guilty about slappin'-around so many McBush-supporters, here.....with actual-FACTS....but, you folks keep-it-up with your rhetoric. At the same time....it's an awful-lotta-FUN, educating the terminally-incurious!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

I guess I don't listen to Porky Limbaugh (as often as I should), huh? :rolleyes:

BTW.....my birthdate is 4/8/50. -> Aries/Tiger

It's hard to understand how anyone could live that long, and still be that damned STUPID. You can't be an American. Probably from the same 3rd world s***hole as Dinkyboy.

I guess it's lookin' like you & Mr. Carpenter are wrong, AS USUAL!!!! :p

Ya' know....I'm (actually) startin' to feel kinda guilty about slappin'-around so many McBush-supporters, here.....with actual-FACTS....but, you folks keep-it-up with your rhetoric. At the same time....it's an awful-lotta-FUN, educating the terminally-incurious!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

If by "smacking around", you mean LYING, yeah, you do that pretty well. If you mean by basing your arguments on facts and evidence, you're not even close. And when you post someone elses work, it's customary to post a LINK to it, otherwise it's called PLAGERISM.

No, you're a liar, and so is your sig line.

If by "smacking around", you mean LYING, yeah, you do that pretty well. If you mean by basing your arguments on facts and evidence, you're not even close. And when you post someone elses work, it's customary to post a LINK to it, otherwise it's called PLAGERISM.
Missed the link, did ya'? :rolleyes:

That's my fault, huh? :rolleyes:

Shaman, anyone who is sporting their Zodiac sign can't be taken seriously as a thinking adult. Hate to break it to you and your animal partner, but I'm not a Bush supporter. I also don't like men who let their dick, dick-tate politics. All that you posted is spin drivel. The ones in Congress who could have stopped the extent of deception didn't. THEY KNEW. Barney Frank is culpable, he's going to go down, and this time it isn't going to be to eat chocolate. Congress is going to be shaken up, our economy WILL cause ripples in your little village in goat land for the better part of the rest of your life, and America will still be standing. Solly Chollie.
Bottom line: Keep your words for a snack when you got no money, honey!

Typically, I rely on accomplished-individuals' opinions
Oooh, snappy come-back. It's O.K. I can wait for the stars to align for you to think clearly. Can you tell me what I haven't accomplished in life?

Werbung:
Ya know shaman, I just caught wind of a post of yours that makes me think you are a racist black? is that so?

Back