1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Breaking News

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Greco, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Greco

Greco New Member

Only moments ago the Republican Party took a shot to the groin. Here's part of the Associated Press story just released.

WASHINGTON - Veteran Republican Sen. Arlen Specter announced Tuesday that he is switching parties, a move would give Democrats a filibuster-proof 60 seats if Al Franken is seated in the Minnesota race.

"I have decided to run for re-election in 2010 in the Democratic primary," the Pennsylvania senator said in a statement.

"I now find my political philosophy more in line with Democrats than Republicans," Specter said, adding that the "change in party affiliation does not mean that I will be a party-line voter any more for the Democrats that I have been for the Republicans."

It will be really quite amusing to watch the remaining whiners try to explain this away. The party of "NO" is on track to become the party of "Nobody Left".

2. Kool aid kid

Kool aid kid New Member

There is already a thread about this

1 person likes this.
  3. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

Ya' snooze........

[​IMG]

.....ya' LOSE, Greco!!!!!

:p