Congress is riding in style....

Werbung:
I would like to see those in the senate stand up and try to explain this one...I mean with the new Helo's for the President, at least there is some aspect of safety and all that for it....And many where saying no we dont need it ( Obama < McCain, and others) so what is this need they have? I am sure they would rather not talk about it. But yes I am sure the ones in GA are all for it, but takes more then 2 to get it passed.

To be fair with this Econ, maybe it was a buy 1 get 2 free? Also I am guessing this was not a cash for clunkers deal...and they dumped there old jets for better MPG on the new ones....I hope this gets more headlines soon as details get out, I will try to hit up MSNBC to push this story.

With the exeption of the S. Court we can throw them out every voting year.

I do not understand why people vote back in these currupt people but they do.

because not enough people support the election reforms needed to make it happen is one reason. becuse people dont care, is a 2nd, and becuse there is no viable 3rd party system in place to give a good option for anyone who is mad at there own party guy, but can't stomach the other sides no matter who it was based on issues.

because not enough people support the election reforms needed to make it happen is one reason. becuse people dont care, is a 2nd, and becuse there is no viable 3rd party system in place to give a good option for anyone who is mad at there own party guy, but can't stomach the other sides no matter who it was based on issues.

Agreed. I also think the senority stuff does not help. Hard to get rid of someone who has all kinds of senority and is able to bring stuff back to your state even if you don't personally like him or her.

The biggest person to blame for our bad politicians is ourselves because we keep sending them back. If we voted them out when they did stuff like this the person replacing them might straighten up and if they didnt we should vote them out till they take us seriously and change.

With the exeption of the S. Court we can throw them out every voting year.

I do not understand why people vote back in these currupt people but they do.

There's the real question. Why, indeed, do we keep voting for the same incumbents who keep doing the same things? It really is not a matter of political party, but of members of both parties who seem to think that tax dollars are free money.

There's the real question. Why, indeed, do we keep voting for the same incumbents who keep doing the same things? It really is not a matter of political party, but of members of both parties who seem to think that tax dollars are free money.

I think a lot of it is senority, you get more for your state if your guy has been there a while.

I think a lot of it is D's wont vote for R's even if their D's suck and visa versa

I would like to see term limits and I would like to see no party lable. I would like to see people have to actually research the person and find out what they stand for not what letter is behind their name.

did you hear why the armed forces wanted it? they going to kill Bin Ladin in style?

The way I understood it was the armed forces asked for one and congress agreed then gave MORE than enough money for 2 more because they did not have enough planes to tote them around over the weekends.

Am I wildly mistaken :)

I heard new news today that two more planes were added to the mix, but I dont know if that is true

Also

have you not heard? Ben Laden is just a figure head now and does not matter. He stopped mattering when obama took office.

The way I understood it was the armed forces asked for one and congress agreed then gave MORE than enough money for 2 more because they did not have enough planes to tote them around over the weekends.

Am I wildly mistaken :)

I heard new news today that two more planes were added to the mix, but I dont know if that is true

Also

have you not heard? Ben Laden is just a figure head now and does not matter. He stopped mattering when obama took office.

You heard the first correctly:

WASHINGTON -- Congress plans to spend $550 million to buy eight jets, a substantial upgrade to the fleet used by federal officials at a time when lawmakers have criticized the use of corporate jets by companies receiving taxpayer funds.

As for the second, the "Bin Laden doesn't matter any more" idea goes back about three years now, long before the last election.

link to that one

But, I'm not sure what the one thing has to do with the other. Perhaps the Bin Laden quest should have a thread of its own.

I think a lot of it is senority, you get more for your state if your guy has been there a while.

I think a lot of it is D's wont vote for R's even if their D's suck and visa versa

Yes, all of the above, plus gerrymandering districts to make sure that most of your constituents belong to the congresista's party.

I would like to see term limits and I would like to see no party lable. I would like to see people have to actually research the person and find out what they stand for not what letter is behind their name.

Yes, yes, that would be great!

I'd also like to see someone hand me the keys to one of those jets, along with a competent pilot and free fuel and maintenance, of course.

The one is about as likely as the other, don't you think?

Yes, all of the above, plus gerrymandering districts to make sure that most of your constituents belong to the congresista's party.

Yes, yes, that would be great!

I'd also like to see someone hand me the keys to one of those jets, along with a competent pilot and free fuel and maintenance, of course.

The one is about as likely as the other, don't you think?

I think it is possible. We are strong if we unite, so much stronger than them. Its when we try to unite on a bunch of things that it all messes up.

I think the majority of us would like term limits and no D's and R's behind the name. If that is all we united on we could force them to do it.

But some jerk off would bring abortion or guns or God in the argument and we would seperate and devide like oil and water.

SHHHHH you're ruining their point. Even though Republicans were all for it, since congress and the president are made up of their opposition we'll ignore that facet and blame the democrats!

Thanks for helping me point out the obvious my friend!;)

These games are sooooo worn out. The pubbies are so upset that things are getting better that they find anything even remotely controversial and try as hard as they can to tag it on the people voted into power... the Dems.

Never mind checking facts first that maybe it was mostly republicans from a Republican state... maybe no one will notice.

It's the same with our elected Representatives trying to explain the good in the health insurance reform initiative. Bus in hecklers and intentionally disrupt the entire meeting so those who want to learn the facts, can't... and sham it up on the news like they were the only ones there.

Dispicable... anti-American ... obstructionists. But it's backfiring big time.

Now not only are the Unions mobilizing for security but I just received an e-mail from MoveOn that they now are tracking all Town Halls and notifying members when to attend plus the police have been requested and will now be present to make arrests of those who only attend to disrupt & won't act with decorum inside future meetings.

This was the e-mail. The numbers were attached to video of these instances but I couldn't get it to come across from e-mail.

Dear MoveOn member,
It's getting ugly out there.

All across the country, right-wing extremists are disrupting congressional town-hall meetings with venomous attacks on President Obama's plans for health care and clean energy.

Last night in Tampa, Florida, a town hall meeting erupted into violence, with the police being called to break up fist fights and shoving matches.1

A Texas Democrat was shouted down by right-wing hecklers, many of whom admitted they didn't even live in his district.2

One North Carolina representative announced he wouldn't be holding any town-hall meetings after his office began receiving death threats.3

And in Maryland, protesters hung a Democratic congressman in effigy to oppose health-care reform.4

We've got a plan to fight back against these radical right-wingers. We've hired skilled grassroots organizers who are working with thousands of local volunteers to show Congress that ordinary Americans continue to support President Obama's agenda for change. And we're building new online tools to track events across the country and make sure MoveOn members turn out at each one.

I think it is possible. We are strong if we unite, so much stronger than them. Its when we try to unite on a bunch of things that it all messes up.

I think the majority of us would like term limits and no D's and R's behind the name. If that is all we united on we could force them to do it.

But some jerk off would bring abortion or guns or God in the argument and we would seperate and devide like oil and water.

Oh, Pandora, you are such an optimist. Maybe if there were more optimists, and fewer cynics like myself, the political utopia you describe could actually happen.

My cynicism, however, tells me that it is your last paragraph that is most correct.

Werbung:
Oh, Pandora, you are such an optimist. Maybe if there were more optimists, and fewer cynics like myself, the political utopia you describe could actually happen.

My cynicism, however, tells me that it is your last paragraph that is most correct.

Oh I do not think a political utopia is ever possible but I do think that we could change a few things that we all agree on or at least most of us agree on like the above IF we didnt get caught up in the abortion, guns and God topics. I include myself in that... I am easily distracted when someone wags these issues in my face.

Back