Detainee abuse to be examined yet again

Note: Obama is the president of the US. He is not an absolute ruler. He doesn't always get his way, so him being in favor/not in favor of an issue doesn't necessarily settle that issue.

Just in case anyone was wondering.
So he just happens to get his way when its his people in the line of fire but when its an investigation that will affect political adversaries, he just happens to not get his way.

You aren't that gullible, are you? If Obama didn't want the investigations, they wouldn't happen. The AG is a political position and Obama has placed Holder there to take the political heat for such unpopular activities as investigations into the CIA. Obama can sick his political bulldog on his enemies in private and then, in public, pretend he isn't holding the leash.

Werbung:
You can't refute the fact that Obama DID drop the investigations into his buddies and refuses to do the same for the CIA.

So you lash out at me... Very Progressive of you.

if we had our way Dick would be the one they where going after...and how did your little freind LIbby get off again? thats right, but then all the white house had done is treason and then he helped lie about who did it...small things you know.

Obama cant tell teh AG not to do it, hate to break it to you. I know you think he is the messiah , but most of us live in the real world...

if we had our way Dick would be the one they where going after...and how did your little freind LIbby get off again? thats right, but then all the white house had done is treason and then he helped lie about who did it...small things you know.

Careful, your tin foil hat is showing. If you knew the facts of the case, which you never do but always claim to, Dick Armey was the leak and the prosecutor new that when he tried to go after Libbey. Libbey did get in trouble but not for the leak, they got him on a process crime.

Obama cant tell teh AG not to do it, hate to break it to you.
Yes he can, and Obama said in 2007 while campaigning that he wanted to do these investigations, your facts are wrong as usual.

I know you think he is the messiah , but most of us live in the real world...
He's only my president, your the one who worships his O'liness. You're the one who's so full of kool aid that he can do no wrong.

Careful, your tin foil hat is showing. If you knew the facts of the case, which you never do but always claim to, Dick Armey was the leak and the prosecutor new that when he tried to go after Libbey. Libbey did get in trouble but not for the leak, they got him on a process crime.

Yes he can, and Obama said in 2007 while campaigning that he wanted to do these investigations, your facts are wrong as usual.

He's only my president, your the one who worships his O'liness. You're the one who's so full of kool aid that he can do no wrong.

I am sorry but you know that whole court thing...they found him Guilty of 4 out of 5 crimes...and Bush said screw it who cares what the courts say let him go. after all it was only "obstruction of justice, giving false statements to the FBI and perjuring himself"

and you may want to try again on that Dick Army angle.....maybe try Armitage if you want to at least sound like you have a clue what your talking about....not that I want to tell you who you are talking about.....I am sure you know full well it was Dick army.....

You can't refute the fact that Obama DID drop the investigations into his buddies and refuses to do the same for the CIA.

So you lash out at me... Very Progressive of you.
The president can ask, make his wishes known, but has no power to stop the AG...if that was true, dont you think dick nixon would have said dont investigate me? and I dont even know who "his buddies:" are you keep talking about,,,,nor do I realy care since am sure its more mindless drivle

Here is an interesting story about our currupt attorney general

ATTY GENERAL HOLDER, THE CIA AND THE BLACK PANTHERS
By Neal Boortz @ August 26, 2009 8:33 AM

Is there a connection? Why yes! There is!

Just yesterday we learned that Obama's Attorney General, the ethically-challenged Eric Holder, is appointing a special prosecutor to go after the CIA agents who saved American lives by using somewhat harsh interrogation techniques against Muslim terrorist detainees. Never mind that both Obama and Holder had made earlier promises that they would not pursue a vendetta against these operatives. That was then, and this is now ... and now the uber-left is demanding some sort of legal action against the Bush Administration for what they view as the horrors of the Bush years. After all, "we won," so why can't we prosecute the losers? The political bloodlust of the left must be assuaged!

In the midst of all of this I want to remind you of something. During the election last November a group of Black Panther goons stood outside of a polling place in downtown Philly. They were wearing paramilitary costumes and were carrying nightsticks. As white voters would approach this polling place these thugs would yell "You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker!"

Well .. this happened to be against the law. One former civil rights lawyer and publisher of the liberal Village Voice called the episode "one of the most blatant forms of voter intimidation I've ever seen." So here comes the Justice Department. The BUSH Justice Department. At the beginning of January a civil lawsuit was filed against the New Black Panther Party and three of its goons for violation of the 1965 Voting Rights Act. None of the defendants would even file a response to the lawsuit. Perhaps they knew that they had nothing to worry about.

And so it came to be!

Just what do you think happened to this action against the Black Panthers? Why, it was dismissed! Eric Holder allowed these goons to walk. Lawsuit dismissed. One defendant was told that he could never carry a weapon within 100 feet of a polling place again .. the other three walked away.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is Obama's Attorney General. He will permit Black Panther thugs to intimidate white U.S. Voters, but if you work for the CIA, and if you're charged with the responsibility of discovering information on future terrorist attacks against our people - if your job is to save American lives instead of intimidate white voters - you had better lawyer up. Eric Holder is coming after you with guns blazing.

Elections have consequences. Black Panthers walk. CIA operatives get put under investigation.

http://boortz.com/nealz_nuze/2009/08/atty-general-holder-the-cia-an.html

What is sad about this is that after 9/11 everyone woke up and wondered why the CIA had missed many signals. The reason is because they were so tied down and timid for fear of something like this.

We told them after 9/11 to be more assertive and proactive, and this is how we reward that? If anything, all this has done is take the CIA back to the pre-9/11 tactic of being to afraid of reprisal to actually do anything. Sadly the next time we get attacked, it will be history repeating itself.

Yes, isn't it too bad that the CIA didn't engage in some preemptory torturing. Had they done so, the attack of 911 could have been avoided.

How, though, could Cheney and Bush have justified invading Iraq? If there had been preemptory torture, then 9/11 might not have happened, and Saddam Hussain might still be in Iraq, thumbing his nose at us.

Such nose thumbing can not be allowed!

Yes, isn't it too bad that the CIA didn't engage in some preemptory torturing. Had they done so, the attack of 911 could have been avoided.

How, though, could Cheney and Bush have justified invading Iraq? If there had been preemptory torture, then 9/11 might not have happened, and Saddam Hussain might still be in Iraq, thumbing his nose at us.

Such nose thumbing can not be allowed!

I take it this is sarcasm?

You can't refute the fact that Obama DID drop the investigations into his buddies.....
See, that's something you Dead-O-Heads & Freepers still don't understand....that The Executive Office & The Judiciary are two, seperate entities! There IS no connection, between the two. Those-of-us, who did study Civics, already know that. Granted, Al Gonzales worked for Lil' Dumbya, but he always had....as Lil' Dumbya's personal-attorney. Neither-of-them....obviously....were familiar with the Seperation Of Powers.

Obama appointed Holder; end-of-story.

What Holder & The Department Of Justice do is NONE of Obama's business. He's got his own responsibilities to cover.

TRY to watch-and-learn, Dead-O-Heads & Freepers.​

You aren't that gullible, are you? If Obama didn't want the investigations, they wouldn't happen.
Aw, jeez....are you REALLY that thick????

What do you think the issue of fired Fed-prosecutors was all-ABOUT??!! When the Dept. Of Justice is investigating whatEVER-issue, NO one has the option of modyfying/affecting that investigation!!​

The AG is a political position and Obama has placed Holder there to take the political heat for such unpopular activities as investigations into the CIA.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama made Holder the HEAD of our DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE!!!!

From this point, ON......the Department Of Justice answers to NO ONE, BUT THE AG!!!

Those Bush-years certainly did confuse you "conservative"-wannabes. You should have considered paying some attention to politics, beforehand.

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
What is sad about this is that after 9/11 everyone woke up and wondered why the CIA had missed many signals. The reason is because they were so tied down and timid for fear of something like this.

We told them after 9/11 to be more assertive and proactive, and this is how we reward that? If anything, all this has done is take the CIA back to the pre-9/11 tactic of being to afraid of reprisal to actually do anything. Sadly the next time we get attacked, it will be history repeating itself.
DO anything??????

The ONLY thing the CIA is supposed to DO is gather-intelligence!!!!!!

Whenever the CIA does what (your friends at) Corporate America wants....​

"In January 1952, democratic elections produced a majority for a grassroots political party, the National Front. The Shah had little choice but to appoint Dr. Mohammad Mossadeq, a National Front leader, as prime minister.

A reformer with years of public service, Mossadeq was European-educated and pro-American. Mossadeq considered foreign control of his country’s oil riches as a barrier democracy and independence. His government nationalized the Anglo-Iranian Oil Co., to the joy of the Iranian people and horror of corporate executives and policy-makers in Britain and the U.S.

CIA operatives disguised as Mossadeq supporters harassed and threatened religious leaders. The CIA staged riots and bribed top military and police officials. In August 1953 the Shah returned to power, backed by the military, the U.S. and Britain."

.......we ALWAYS end-up paying-for-it, LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Back