Fisk on Egypt

Werbung:
I am not sure what you mean by this post. This revolution is not Communist, Capitalist or Islamic. It is just demanding jobs and the essentials of life.

The Revolution is ISLAMIC! How you think how IRAN got that way? IRAN was once a free democracy nation. Thats until the Ayatollah Khomeini came into power and turn IRAN into a Islamic Ruled Nation.

I don't believe the revolution is either islmaic or democratic. It looks more like a hodge podge of different groups who are only united in their desire to see a different government in place. Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood are both involved, but who knows to what extent. I am very worried what Egypt will look like when this is all over.

If Egypt ends up like IRAN or like lebanon i gurantee you Sarah Palin will wage WAR when she becomes President of the United States. And then She will remove the Terrorist leader like Bush did to Saddam and install a free democratic president of Egypt.

Werbung:
If Egypt ends up like IRAN or like lebanon i gurantee you Sarah Palin will wage WAR when she becomes President of the United States. And then She will remove the Terrorist leader like Bush did to Saddam and install a free democratic president of Egypt.

The egyptian people do not want an Islamic State, but the loonies in the War Party ( see Fox "news" ) certainly do. The cult of the ur-fascist requires a constant supply of enemies.

..."8. The followers must feel humiliated by the ostentatious wealth and force of their enemies.

When I was a boy I was taught to think of Englishmen as the five-meal people. They ate more frequently than the poor but sober Italians. Jews are rich and help each other through a secret web of mutual assistance. However, the followers of Ur-Fascism must also be convinced that they can overwhelm the enemies. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak. Fascist governments are condemned to lose wars because they are constitutionally incapable of objectively evaluating the force of the enemy.

9. For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle.

Thus pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. It is bad because life is permanent warfare. This, however, brings about an Armageddon complex. Since enemies have to be defeated, there must be a final battle, after which the movement will have control of the world. But such "final solutions" implies a further era of peace, a Golden Age, which contradicts the principle of permanent war. No fascist leader has ever succeeded in solving this predicament....

Eternal Fascism: Fourteen Ways of Looking at a Blackshirt By Umberto Eco

http://www.themodernword.com/eco/eco_blackshirt.html

Comrade Stalin

Back