Forget rifles, we have to ban hammers !

I won’t go through everthing wrong with governments list but a fair summary would be that the liberals want to outlaw just about everything that anybody might want to own BUT you get to keep what you already own. Provided, of course, that you submit to voluntary registration of your name, address, photograph, fingerprint and serial number of any and all weapons not banned by Dianne Feinschwein’s new and improved weapons act of 1933, and we all know how well that worked out. For the Germans and, in particular, for the Jews.
That’s what passes for “reasonable restrictions” among the “liberal” and Democrats.
My only surprise is that she didn’t also insist on the involuntary implant of a GPS tracker in all owners of those firearms so “generously” grandfathered by the benevolent liberals
Of course, you do realize that if you decide to keep your weapon but do not submit to the demand for you to be photographed and fingerprinted for the Liberal Democrat Workers’ Party’s “Naughty List”, then you automatically become a felon, don’t you?
But not to worry. Said list will never, ever be used for anything along the lines of providing the Gov with a handy shopping list for when total disarmament is to occur. Nosirree. No way, no how. Because shut up, wingnut.
The Liberals only have your best interests at heart!
Obviously, the liberals overreach all but guarantees that proposal won’t ever make it to a vote but, then again, knowing what we’ve all learned about the law of the land and niceties of our Constitutional method of government doesn’t really mean all that much to this group. So who knows.

Werbung:
Oh! Okay. . I guess to each his own! :)

I must say that I am impressed by many of your comments, and your openness and humor.
Glad you're here. You certainly raise the standard of this forum!
I always try to see the humorous side of life. That is sometimes difficult in this forum though. Some posters here are such stink pots.

I won’t go through everthing wrong with governments list but a fair summary would be that the liberals want to outlaw just about everything that anybody might want to own BUT you get to keep what you already own. Provided, of course, that you submit to voluntary registration of your name, address, photograph, fingerprint and serial number of any and all weapons not banned by Dianne Feinschwein’s new and improved weapons act of 1933, and we all know how well that worked out. For the Germans and, in particular, for the Jews.
That’s what passes for “reasonable restrictions” among the “liberal” and Democrats.
My only surprise is that she didn’t also insist on the involuntary implant of a GPS tracker in all owners of those firearms so “generously” grandfathered by the benevolent liberals
Of course, you do realize that if you decide to keep your weapon but do not submit to the demand for you to be photographed and fingerprinted for the Liberal Democrat Workers’ Party’s “Naughty List”, then you automatically become a felon, don’t you?
But not to worry. Said list will never, ever be used for anything along the lines of providing the Gov with a handy shopping list for when total disarmament is to occur. Nosirree. No way, no how. Because shut up, wingnut.
The Liberalsonly have your best interests at heart!
Obviously, the liberals overreach all but guarantees that proposal won’t ever make it to a vote but, then again, knowing what we’ve all learned about the law of the land and niceties of our Constitutional method of government doesn’t really mean all that much to this group. So who knows.

Yeah, yeah! Just another symptom of your Republican paranoia!

Sorry, I do not believe that the "big bad wolf" will ever come to your home and take away your beloved guns!. . .although he should!
But it seems that Conservative cannot LIVE without a big cloud of fear over their head! If there isn't one, they will invent it!

Fear mongering is part of the problem in this country! Half of the population seems to be afraid of the other half. . .and even of their own shadow!
And, unfortunately, that constant fear has lead to their need to hold on to their false security blanket. . .their beloved guns!
And. . as, any self-fulfilling prophecy, they now have reasons to be afraid of. . .guns. . .
But most don't realize that the guns they should be most afraid of are THEIR OWN guns. . as statistics prove!

CDC data show number of accidental firearm deaths for children under age 15 has gone back up to 62, a number that it was at in 2008. The 48 accidental deaths in 2009 was unusually low. A similar pattern also held for total accidental gun deaths for all ages: 2008, 592; 2009, 554; and 2010, 606.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2935511/posts

Yes, let's all analyze what cashmcall is thinking, and hope that he doesn't butt in with an erroneous viewpoint.

I'm sure Cashmcall has enough spirit to find it humorous that "others" try to "interpret" his words as JP (whatever the name is) does for the words of George Washington. . .but at least Cashmcall is alive and well and available (if he chooses) to give us his REAL meaning!

Yeah, yeah! Just another symptom of your Republican paranoia!

Sorry, I do not believe that the "big bad wolf" will ever come to your home and take away your beloved guns!. . .although he should!
But it seems that Conservative cannot LIVE without a big cloud of fear over their head! If there isn't one, they will invent it!

Fear mongering is part of the problem in this country! Half of the population seems to be afraid of the other half. . .and even of their own shadow!
And, unfortunately, that constant fear has lead to their need to hold on to their false security blanket. . .their beloved guns!
And. . as, any self-fulfilling prophecy, they now have reasons to be afraid of. . .guns. . .
But most don't realize that the guns they should be most afraid of are THEIR OWN guns. . as statistics prove!
No one needs to be afraid of their own guns...just a very good understanding of how and when to use them....

No one needs to be afraid of their own guns...just a very good understanding of how and when to use them....
I personally have gun paranoia. My state just issued it's landmark 1 millionth concealed weapons permit. If I saw a person with a gun in a public place, I would be very concerned and want to get out. Yes, I know it's my problem but that's just the way I am.

I personally have gun paranoia. My state just issued it's landmark 1 millionth concealed weapons permit. If I saw a person with a gun in a public place, I would be very concerned and want to get out. Yes, I know it's my problem but that's just the way I am.

I know exactly how you feel! A couple of months ago, I left for a lunch date with 3 other women. . .all over 60 (including me, of course!), all nice, friendly women. When suddenly, one of them opened her purse and showed us her "new handgun!" I immediately felt like I wanted to get out of that car and go home! I have NO IDEA why anyone would feel it necessary to carry a gun in their purse to go to lunch with lady friends in a quite little South Carolina, upper class community!

Since then, I rather drive myself than to carpool with that nice lady! There is no way a gun makes me feel safer, not even in the hands of a known, friendly, balanced person!

Chicago reached “a tragic number” last week, according to Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy: Its homicide total for the year hit 500, the highest annual total since 2008.

What I want to know is HOW CAN THAT BE? Not only are criminals not allowed to own guns in Chicago, nobody else is either. Clearly they’re making this up. How can anybody be killed when guns, through careful and thorough “reasonable gun legislation”, have been made to automagically disappear?

Largely contributing to the spike was the unusual number of homicides that occurred during the early part of the year, when the city experienced unseasonable warmth.
Oh, that’s it of course!BAN THE SUN!!!!

In the first three months of the year, homicides ran about 60 percent ahead of the 2011 rate.So BAN THE FIRST THREE MONTHS OF THE YEAR TOO!!!
There, that wasn’t so hard, was it?

You may want to have a look at the new thread I posted. . .it is obvious that you are falling into the "let's blame Chicago, since it's Obama's home town" and forgetting to look where the major problems lie. . .

IN THE RED STATES WITH VERY FEW GUN CONTROL LAWS!

The leftwing's attempts to "protect" citizens through ridiculous and costly legislation are incredible. The attempts should convince folks that there's a major lack of logical and consistent thinking among the leftwing, political leaders. They tell us that we must (1) restrict gun-ownership, and by doing so we'll reduce gun deaths, that we must (2) dictate foods and drinks allowed to our children so we'll reduce obesity, and that we must (3) spend our tax dollars on "green" energy so we'll reduce global warming.

All of the above claims are virtually worthless in solving the problems they're aimed at addressing, and are often in violation of our Constitution.

However, it may be that leftists believe that worthless spending and un-Constitutional laws are ok as long as they save one life from an accidental gun death, or save one child from becoming obese, or reduce the global-warming expectations by one degree F?????? If that's the case, the sky's the limit, and I suggest that we immediately pass legislation that will actually solve three problems!

The new law will require all women (or all men if you prefer) to wear chastity belts. That law will reduce both the number of rapes and the number of abortions, and will dramatically reduce the social-welfare payments to low-income mothers. Is that an outrageous suggestion? It most certainly IS!..... but no moreso than those leftwing proposals mentioned in the first paragraph. Unlike the leftwing laws, however, my suggestion would actually work! ;) The logic behind my suggestion is identical to the leftwing logic used in paragraph #1.

NOW, wait for the leftwing cries of "Un-Constitutional"! :eek:

Most things the Left proposes and has enacted the past 50 years are foolish and failures. They get away with it because most Americans do not know how to think logically thanks to the indoctrination of the p-schools. Amazingly all this left wing failure never translates into blaming the left for the failures....example of lack of logical thinking.

The radical left (those in charge) does not care one wit about school children getting gunned down by deranged sub-humans. They only care about power and as such, push gun control whenever a kook goes off. Proof of their lack of caring, when anyone with a brain knows gun controls never work.

And why would they care about children getting murdered, when most of them strongly advocate for a woman's right to murder her unborn child in the womb.

However, it may be that leftists believe that worthless spending and un-Constitutional laws are ok as long as they save one life from an accidental gun death, or save one child from becoming obese, or reduce the global-warming expectations by one degree F?????? If that's the case, the sky's the limit, and I suggest that we immediately pass legislation that will actually solve three problems!

The new law will require all women (or all men if you prefer) to wear chastity belts. That law will reduce both the number of rapes and the number of abortions, and will dramatically reduce the social-welfare payments to low-income mothers. Is that an outrageous suggestion? It most certainly IS!..... but no moreso than those leftwing proposals mentioned in the first paragraph. Unlike the leftwing laws, however, my suggestion would actually work! ;) The logic behind my suggestion is identical to the leftwing logic used in paragraph #1.

NOW, wait for the leftwing cries of "Un-Constitutional"! :eek:
JPRD, I would have thought you were beyond that kind of juvenile playground taunting. In earlier posts you were calling for genuine debate, but now your discourse has degenerated to that of 5 year olds. I have no patience with that. Yes, I am only addressing you and your demeanor and not your subject matter. Perhaps Dawkins will discuss things at your current level, but I won't.

Werbung:
Most things the Left proposes and has enacted the past 50 years are foolish and failures. They get away with it because most Americans do not know how to think logically thanks to the indoctrination of the p-schools. Amazingly all this left wing failure never translates into blaming the left for the failures....example of lack of logical thinking.

The radical left (those in charge) does not care one wit about school children getting gunned down by deranged sub-humans. They only care about power and as such, push gun control whenever a kook goes off. Proof of their lack of caring, when anyone with a brain knows gun controls never work.

And why would they care about children getting murdered, when most of them strongly advocate for a woman's right to murder her unborn child in the womb.
Now you Gipper are truer to your own form, but I have no need to reply since your myopic post is not for me but is your usual far right-wing mutual mental masturbation with other right-wingers.

Back