GEICO pulls ads from Glenn Beck

Popeye

This is now the fifth advertiser to do so since he claimed that Obama is “a racist” who harbors a “deep-seated hatred for white people.”

Adding to a growing list of advertisers distancing themselves from controversial Fox News personality Glenn Beck, GEICO has pledged to re-direct their advertisements away from Beck's program on the Fox News Channel. The decision by GEICO comes on the heels of announcements made last week that LexisNexis-owned Lawyers.com, Procter & Gamble, Progressive Insurance and SC Johnson were distancing themselves from Beck after the news host called President Obama a "racist" who "has a deep-seated hatred for white people."

"On Tuesday, August 4, GEICO instructed its ad buying service to redistribute its inventory of rotational spots on FOX-TV to their other network programs, exclusive of the Glenn Beck program," said a spokesperson for GEICO Corporate Communications in an email to ColorOfChange.org. "As of August 4, GEICO no longer runs any paid advertising spots during Mr. Beck's program."

"We applaud GEICO and all of the other companies who have stepped forward to pull their ads from Glenn Beck," said James Rucker, executive director of ColorOfChange.org. "Beck's rhetoric is dangerous to the fabric of our democracy, and we are heartened that so many big companies feel the same way. We won't stop here -- we're going to continue our fight to see that as many of Beck's advertisers pull their support as possible."

Two weeks ago, ColorOfChange.org called on its 600,000-plus members to sign a petition urging companies who advertise on Glenn Beck to cut off their advertising support of his work. More than 75,000 members responded to the call by signing a petition directed at advertisers.

If you wish to sign the petition: http://www.colorofchange.org/beck/

http://mediamatters.org/blog/200908110026

Werbung:
This is now the fifth advertiser to do so since he claimed that Obama is “a racist” who harbors a “deep-seated hatred for white people.”

If you wish to sign the petition: http://www.colorofchange.org/beck/

http://mediamatters.org/blog/200908110026

Yea, for GEICO it is about time that the responsible advertisers step up to the plate and stop supporting the 'rabid hate mongers' of the screaming right wing nut jobs. GOOD FOR THEM!!!

The festering angst for the resentment about our first black president needs so little fueling that the likes of this 'rabid racist' screams about our President being reverse racist while he can release his years of 'red neck attitudes' onto the air ways under the disguise of being 'free speech' and non-racist.

Seems as though there is an epidemic of 'creeping wood work dwellers' that crawl out of the dark corners when they hear someone shout..."look this black guy/this Hispanic woman is being a reverse racist".

SMOKE & MIRRORS and just a hidden agenda about keeping the status quo as it has been for 200 plus years...and the screams just keep getting louder! :eek:

oh no :( they have a right to protest and boycott. It would be better to call or write to Geico and tell them you do not support them when they cave for the left. That is what I will do anyways.

I don't think GEICO is caving in. I just don't believe they feel comfortable advertising on a show where the host refers to the POTUS as a "racist"..

They haven't pulled their advertising from Faux News, just from Beck.

I don't think GEICO is caving in. I just don't believe they feel comfortable advertising on a show where the host refers to the POTUS as a "racist"..

They haven't pulled their advertising from Faux News, just from Beck.

Its ok with me if they pull it but I think its good if I write them and tell them I dislike them now for pulling it. I think they are caving to the crazy left.

I would expect the left to do the same if they pulled ads on Keith Olbermmans program.

Time to avoid using GEICO I say!

Higher rates and bad service is what GEICO stands for!

Never use them!

Werbung:
Back