Lucia Whalen

That's the crux of our argument. You think that white racism is holding blacks back, and I disagree.

Just one example: For 40 + years, affirmative action gave jobs to minorities that weren't qualified, but had the right color skin. Are you old enough to have even been in the job market then? I think not, or you would know more about what you are talking about. No other group of human beings in the history of this country has been given so much for nothing, and yet, progress seems extremely slow. Why is that?

And just because I don't live around blacks now, doesn't mean that I never did have any contact in large numbers. I substitute taught for fun for a while. I chose to teach in a predominantly black area to learn about people that I hadn't grown up with. I can tell you from experience that they are their own worst enemy. Until they start treating each other better, and quit blaming the fact that they don't get ahead on white "oppression", they will never get any further than they are now. You can't do anything about it no matter how good your intentions are. What would you do? Tell them to change their cultural, social customs? Do you know how many of those kids didn't even KNOW who their father was? Do you think maybe that has an effect on a kid? Separation and the matriarchal family structure evolved from separation of families during the Civil War. Hey, guess what? It's been a looooooooooong time since that was forced on blacks, and yet, over 60 percent of black families don't have a man around. I don't mean daddy and mommy got divorced. I mean daddy never bothered to stay around. Did white racism do that? I think not. The dropout rate at that high school was between 60 and 70%! The senior class looked like an abandoned ship. Why did they drop out? Was it white racism holding them back? No. it wasn't. They can't even get a job at Burger King. So what happens? They join the army, because they have no other options, and then everyone screams that the military is unfair to minorities because it's all they can do to find work. Gosh oh golly, could it be 'cause they didn't get the diploma that the modern world demands one has to even get a minimum wage job? Get real. A goat could probably graduate from high school in this country with a little effort.

That's just in this country. You should ask yourself who is mistreating blacks in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Sierra Leon, Ghana, Haiti, (get the picture?). It isn't white racism that is beating them down. They are doing it to themselves.

Yet for me to say that, which is true, you call me a racist. To stand up and say, "you need to change, not me" to a black person, is racist.

I screamed that Gates is a racist because the first thing that came out of his mouth was to accuse the cop of being a racist. And he is representative of other blacks too. All? No. Too many? Yes.

all your talk and really what that is , is poverty, and poor schools, poor parents....none of that has to do with race. Yet you cast the ills of some on the whole race, the very definition of racism. I went to inner city schools, and as a white was a minority...and you know what? white kids also had no dads, dropped out early, and went no place...asians killed each other in gang fights so did whites and mexians...I also went to "better" schools and there was blacks there as well, and guess 'what, they ended up with same background as the others in that area, and did not have the same problems...what changed was the circumstances, not the skin tone...But you keep talking about how whites don't think that way, blacks always think that way....and keep saying your not racist. I am sure you dont think you are, but what you are saying is excacly what keeps racism going.

And fact is in many areas there is a very deep issue with racism and the cops, and its not out of line if your arrested by a cop in your own home for no crime other then standing up for yourself...that you would think yes some racism is behind it. Maybe its not, but its not a unrealistic thought. When you see a car pulled over for "speeding" and the only one asked for ID...is the mexican kid in the back seat, not the 3 whites in the car....When you see the large amounts if cops in trouble for mistreating people, faulse arrest, and setting people up...and those they went after are almost all the same race... When you see a black guy killed with what was it 43 shots fired at unarmed man? and you know had that guy been white, that never happened ....fact is in alot of areas, Racism by cops is a real issue and its not racist to think you can have it happen to you. its called realistic.

Werbung:
and keep saying your not racist.
I also get unwanted sexual remarks by men in bars. So I guess I'm a sexist because I don't want to go to bars where that is more prevalent than other places. It isn't racist just because I don't want to live somewhere!

Racism by cops is a real issue

This will open another can of worms, because what you are really saying is that profiling is a real issue with cops, and it is. Why do you think that is?

I also get unwanted sexual remarks by men in bars. So I guess I'm a sexist because I don't want to go to bars where that is more prevalent than other places. It isn't racist just because I don't want to live somewhere!

This will open another can of worms, because what you are really saying is that profiling is a real issue with cops, and it is. Why do you think that is?

no it means your against bars...or booze...but had you said You dont dont go anyplace with lots of men, then yes I would say you where.

2. Racism and poor training, and poor standards that cops are held to by there own.

Racism and poor training, and poor standards that cops are held to by there own.

You know,if you libs weren't so preoccupied with labeling everyone else, and then nagging about how the ones you don't like, label people, you would be able to look past the labeling and see the reasons why they exist.

The Bureau of Justice report showed that black males accounted for about a third of all state and federal prison inmates. More than 10 percent of all black men in the U.S. between the ages of 25 and 29 were in prison, compared to just over two percent of Hispanic males and 1.2 percent of white men in that age group.

Do you think these statistics reflect racism more, or the fact that certain people commit more crimes, or maybe they are just stupid enough to be caught?

You know,if you libs weren't so preoccupied with labeling everyone else, and then nagging about how the ones you don't like, label people, you would be able to look past the labeling and see the reasons why they exist.

Do you think these statistics reflect racism more, or the fact that certain people commit more crimes, or maybe they are just stupid enough to be caught?

Statistics never tell the whole story, and they tell what ever story a good person with stats wants them to.

also
"if you libs weren't so preoccupied with labeling everyone else" anyone else see the irony here? And see thing is I labeled you for your own personal statements and views...not because of your skin tone...had I said you are a racist because your white, you could have had a point, but no I called you on your own veiws and statements...

( I wish you libs would stop labeling people, white people dont think that way, and blacks dont deal with real racism , its all there own fault )

Werbung:
if you libs weren't so preoccupied with labeling everyone else" anyone else see the irony here?
What wrong? Don't you like it when your own tools are used against you? or does it just matter as to WHAT the label is?

You call me racist because the habits, morality, and certain standards of living that I don't choose to accept in my life happen to be those that blacks are proud of. I don't like Mexican food much either, it gives me indigestion. Should I be concerned that I'm racist against Mexicans too?

Again I ask,

Back