Obama team responds to Palin pick

Popeye

From Bill Burton, Obama Campaign Spokesman:

“Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency. Governor Palin shares John McCain’s commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush’s failed economic policies — that’s not the change we need, it’s just more of the same.”

http://thepage.time.com/2008/08/29/democrats-go-after-palin/

Werbung:
so she was mayor of a small city then Gov for 2 years, and now VP? So the right is saying the highest office in the land you need more expericance then Obama ...( who has alot more then her) but the number 2 in teh nation , is fine for someone with no record and zero internatinal policy , security, or anything federal?

Rings hollow. For the oldest to seek the office and some already questioning his health and age. Is that realy who you want at VP? I would have liked Mitt, or Hagel, or Ridge alot more.

All I can say is she does not so far from the little i have heard inspire confidence. As VP I am not worried, but if something happened to McCain, and I hope that would not happen, I would be a bit worried with her in charge right now.

so she was mayor of a small city then Gov for 2 years, and now VP? So the right is saying the highest office in the land you need more expericance then Obama ...( who has alot more then her) but the number 2 in teh nation , is fine for someone with no record and zero internatinal policy , security, or anything federal?

Rings hollow. For the oldest to seek the office and some already questioning his health and age. Is that realy who you want at VP? I would have liked Mitt, or Hagel, or Ridge alot more.

All I can say is she does not so far from the little i have heard inspire confidence. As VP I am not worried, but if something happened to McCain, and I hope that would not happen, I would be a bit worried with her in charge right now.

Sounds like the same thing they used to say about Bill Clinton in 92

She has been a govvy for 2 years

I heard one year... as if that would really make any difference.:)

I love this pick! She was a journalism MAJOR at some small college in Idaho with...

politics (not even political science) as a MINOR none the less!:eek:

Something happens to Grampy McSame and we get into it with Russia maybe she can write an expose' on Putin or something. Expose him into changing course.:D

I'm surprised that all of you are talking about this and not about the 80,000 that attended the free concert in Denver last night....

Sounds like the same thing they used to say about Bill Clinton in 92

No actually Bill had a lot more time in office than that.

But you make a GREAT point.

Ronald Reagan

Bill Clinton

George Bush

All had way less Federal Government experience than Senator Obama. That's been the point all along.

From Bill Burton, Obama Campaign Spokesman:

“Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency. Governor Palin shares John McCain’s commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush’s failed economic policies — that’s not the change we need, it’s just more of the same.”

http://thepage.time.com/2008/08/29/democrats-go-after-palin/

Yesterday, the democrats decided to put a former chicago ghetto organizer with zero foreign policy experience IN the presidency. :D

Yesterday, the democrats decided to put a former chicago ghetto organizer with zero foreign policy experience IN the presidency. :D

Obama is a US senator representing a state with a population of almost 13 million. He has been to Iraq, he has held assignments on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations, Environment and Public Works and Veterans' Affairs and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. He also became Chairman of the Senate's subcommittee on European Affairs.

By contrast Palin has absolutely ZERO experience at all, she is the first term governor of a state with a population of approximately 670,000, many US cities are larger than that. So in effect she has been the mayor of a good sized US city for less than two years...that is the extent of her experience. Yet, 72 year old John McCain, complete with health issues, thinks she has the credentials to sit a heartbeat away from the presidency.

What this pick does is neutralize the GOP charge of no experience because realistically the ticket with the most experience is now on the Democratic side.

Obama is a US senator representing a state with a population of almost 13 million. He has been to Iraq, he has held assignments on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations, Environment and Public Works and Veterans' Affairs. He also became Chairman of the Senate's subcommittee on European Affairs.

By contrast Palin has absolutely ZERO experience at all, she is the first term governor of a state with a population of approximately 670,000, many US cities are larger than that. So in effect she has been the mayor of a good sized US city for less than two years...that is the extent of her experience. Yet, 72 year old John McCain, complete with health issues, thinks she has the credentials to sit a heartbeat away from the presidency.

What this pick does is neutralize the GOP charge of no experience because realistically the ticket with the most experience is now on the Democratic side.

Quite frankly the experience argument is laughable. Gov. Palin has more or less the same experience that Obama does, except that Obama will be the President, while Palin would be vice-President.

So let us assume for a moment that McCain will die in office, which really is the whole point of this argument by the left. Even should he die (which is unlikely) she will have then been mayor, governor, and vice-president for years before she would actually become the President. So really, it is pathetic that the left is blasting her for lack of experience when their candidate for the actual Presidency has the same amount of experience.

Quite frankly the experience argument is laughable. Gov. Palin has more or less the same experience that Obama does, except that Obama will be the President, while Palin would be vice-President.

So let us assume for a moment that McCain will die in office, which really is the whole point of this argument by the left. Even should he die (which is unlikely) she will have then been mayor, governor, and vice-president for years before she would actually become the President. So really, it is pathetic that the left is blasting her for lack of experience when their candidate for the actual Presidency has the same amount of experience.[/QUOTE

if by the same you mean alot yes, then sure. No Federal , No secrurity, Mayor of a small city? and then Gov...and its Alaska....its got one maybe 2 main cities and a then snow and mt's?

I admit I wish obama ran 4 years later, ( though I would hate to see clinton) but be real, she a ways back form obama . And I have no idea why she was picked ouside of being a woman so far.

Obama is a US senator representing a state with a population of almost 13 million. He has been to Iraq, he has held assignments on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations, Environment and Public Works and Veterans' Affairs and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. He also became Chairman of the Senate's subcommittee on European Affairs.

He just went to Iraq and he went because everyone said he didn’t have experience.

She was on the city council, which alone is more experience than his stupid community organizing. She had to be elected for that. Then she was a mayor and had to make actual decisions, she didn’t just vote yes no or present like obama did in the state senate. Then she was Lieutenant Governor then Governor. being governor you have to make decisions, choices, cut programs make budgets, you cant just vote or not vote.

And unlike Obama she did not start running for a new job 180 or so days after she got her job. He is a Jr. Senator, he has not even finished a full term and more than half of that he has been busy trying to be president.

She has more experience than he does and to say she doesn’t prove to me that facts don’t matter.

if by the same you mean alot yes, then sure. No Federal , No secrurity, Mayor of a small city? and then Gov...and its Alaska....its got one maybe 2 main cities and a then snow and mt's?

I admit I wish obama ran 4 years later, ( though I would hate to see clinton) but be real, she a ways back form obama . And I have no idea why she was picked ouside of being a woman so far.

Federal experience is meaningless in an election. (Neither Clinton nor Carter had any either) There are many governors who came and with no "federal" experience who have moved on to the Presidency. It is executive experience that is what counts in this regard, and she has a lot of it. One can easily argue that she is more experienced than Obama in running an Executive, which is what the Presidency is. But add to all of that, she is not even going to be running it. I think attacking her experience is laughable because Obama has the same or less, and he is the actual nominee.

Palin has 13 years of elected office at this point. Sure Alaska is not California or New York in size, but that is like saying "Oh you worked at the local mom and pop grocery? Your experience is not relevant at the nationwide chain of grocers."

If you mean why was Palin picked here are a few reasons:

1) Instant media sensation. Counters the media drool over the "historic Obama campaign", and puts McCain back in the news in a good light.

2) Unlike a Senator, even if she ran only Alaska, she did actually "run" something.

3) Palin can put the debate back on energy and the issue of ANWR. Since the majority of Americans are in favor of drilling, this can play well.

4) She can attract some disenfranchised Hillary supporters, of course it remains to be seen how much.

5) Her family and husband come from a working class backgroud, which plays well in battle states like Pennslyvania to counter out Biden there.

6) Her son is serving in Iraq.

7) Another son has down syndrome.

8) Very conservative, can excite the base for McCain which he struggles to do. (pro-gun, pro-life etc)

There are many positives, the pick makes sense, would not have been my first choice, but it does make sense.

Werbung:
I'm sorry but everyone keeps bringing up the fact that her son is in Iraq and she has a son with down syndrome....... is that a great factor right now? I know plenty of women (single and married) with children in Iraq and some children has passed away in Iraq and I know many struggling to supply better healthcare for their artistic children. Her (Palin's)state supplies her with great healthcare for her son. Is she struggling and do she feel what some of the people now today are feeling? When Mccain made the announcement this morning, I did not see or feel a connection between those two. Did you????
Please don't think that I am a mean person but those things doesn't stick out to me. I like to feel what a person is a saying. I guess Monday I will tune in to get a better in sight.

Back