1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Obama wanted Marijuana legalized, so did Bill Ayres

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by XCALIDEM, Oct 22, 2008.

1. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

2. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

Just to be "fair" Obama said he didn't want to "legalize" marijuana but "decriminalize" it....

I don't have a problem with people using drugs, so long as they don't violate the rights of others in the process.

3. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

So what's the difference? Decriminalize/ legalize,according to webster:

4. Bunz

Bunz New Member

I agree with Sen. Obama %100 here. The war on drugs, and especially marijuana has been a dramatic failure.

I support being able to have small amounts of it at home. I see no reason the issues surrounding marijuana are not treated similar to alcohol.

5. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Well in practical matters, it still provides potential punishment for dealers, driving under the influence etc.

6. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

According to Nixon's Shafer Commission, there was a preference for "....no legal penalties for adults possessing up 100 grams of marijuana."

Seeing-as-how you're (consistantly) short-on-the-Facts, I feel it's (only) fair to tell you....Nixon was a Republican; The Creator of the DEA.

7. Stalin

Stalin Active Member

Thw War on Drugs has been a success for it's modern objective of providing large numbers of prison inmates as cheap labour for prison coroprations.

Comrade Stonelin

8. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

.....That're magically stricken from the voting-rolls.

How convenient. :rolleyes:

9. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

There is a difference.

There's a question on the Massachusetts ballot this November which would decriminalize marijuana use...it would replace the criminal penalties for possession of up to one ounce of pot to a civil penalty of forfeiture of the marijuana and a fine of $100.

A recent poll conducted shows that 72% of the respondents agree and will vote yes. In fact, I was going to ask why you were even posting this since polls have shown the majority of Democrats support decriminalization but then I remembered...you're not a Democrat.

http://www.suffolk.edu/30284.html

10. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

I'm sure that's going to be in his liberal agenda when if he becomes the next pres. Let's open up the free trade with mexico and colombia and let's bring all the weed!!!

11. top gun

top gun New Member

Well let's have a little straight talk here. The guy in the White House right now is an admitted alcoholic and is documented as being a HUGE partier with weed, cocaine and all the rest.

Senator Obama has based his whole life on helping others even if it means telling it straight about his teen years.

What a great breath of fresh air it will be to have a dignified but not phony person in the White House!

12. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Well-Known Member

..........just a though. We're always being told that the "war on drugs" is being lost or at least is an unwinnable war. Okay, thats a point of view but what would society be like if we did not have this war on drugs?

13. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

Obama also admited to smoking crack and is a habitual smoker.

Perhaps people with lower standars and values prefer an image of a president such as this one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

This doesn't surprise me much. Bill Ayres needs pot to feel better after all the people he and his terrorist harmed, and his dear sweet girl friend who blew herself up making an anti-personnel bomb.

15. Chip

Chip New Member

The problem with liberal social values is that the ego dominates the superego ... and thus they will smoke pot and drive cars ... and kill others.

The problem with conservative social values is that the superego dominates the ego ... and thus they will champion corporate conquistadorianism and invade countries ... and kill others.

Somewhere in between these two extremes is a healthy heart-centered set of values with which to live, love ... and affirm life.