Pirates; Somalia's ONLY Line-Of-Defense!

The environmental pollutions come from within their own government...systemic poisoning of their streams and fresh water is coming from the mining sludge run offs!

This UN Report (pdf) says otherwise....western industrialized countries have been dumping toxic waste in Somalian waters since at least the early nineties.

Strange that we hear nothing about it from the corporate mainstream media.

Werbung:
Yeah.....Thanks to Daddy Bush and ReRon .

Yeah.....you'd think the folks, in Somalia, would show a little-more gratitude, towards The Great White Fathers.​

I'll agree with your assertions about our {USA} 'ability to interfere' as we have historical records to prove that and those records go back a couple of hundred years {with many a country large & small}. And while I'm absolutely sure that the Somalian Government are very much backing these thugs {how else are they obtaining those weapons of choice and all of that ammo} this can't be tolerated in the International Shipping Lanes, and to continue to allow that to take place is just asking for the aggressive activity to ramp up more notches until they are shooting missiles at us...OH, wait...they just did that today in the middle of their country at our American Ambassador!!!!

I can't dig up Former President Ronald Reagan and kick his arse around the block for things that he signed off on that have allowed this country to suffer from our interference {nor can I do that for any of those former Elected Officials that created the open range prisons for our own Native Americans} so many screw ups, so little time, and where do you start???

But this is happening today, in the here and now...What you would you do...just ignore it and hope that they go away/lose interest/find a job? Seriously, what do you think needs to be done?

This UN Report (pdf) says otherwise....western industrialized countries have been dumping toxic waste in Somalian waters since at least the early nineties.

Strange that we hear nothing about it from the corporate mainstream media.

I said what I did only because of the number of Somalian refugees that we had relocated into our surrounding area over the last 3 years we had 1,200 flown into our surrounding area to be trained and employed by the former Iowa Beef Packing Plant (currently Tyson Beef Processing). This was all established via our own Government for the meat packing industry as well as other national corporations around the USA...these national corporations get special voucher funding for allowing the refugees a place of employment so the government off sets their hourly wage with a $5.00 minimum and the corporations pay the balance of the wage of $4.50 an/hour. While not all plants were willing & able to participate this one was a 'non-Union' beef processing plant and that 'non-union' status came back to bite them in the BUTT in a big-big way once this Somalian refugee implementation took affect...it went-to-hell-in-a-hand-basket really & horribly quickly.

The first year they shipped the men over first and they were processed though various church groups and established housing around this town of approximately 25,000 people {whose main numbers of illegals are Mexican/Guatemalan 65% population} and since this is a college town, with quite a few international {17 various nationalities attend college here} I'm thinking that the assumptions were that they would blend right in and become acclimated really quickly and smoothly!!!

Well as all things that we 'assume' go...that didn't work well, not at all!! The 2nd year when the rest of the families were being processed and moved into this community and the children were expected to attend our schools and the community started seeing more & more Somalians driving recklessly around the small towns & cities: the number of accidents that they were involved in skyrocketed up and then the fines for no drivers licenses/no insurance/no understanding our laws and rules started to filter into the local newspapers; the proverbial **** started to hit the fan and the questions started to float to the surface!!! Where did all of the non English speaking Somalians come from, who are they working for, where are they living and are their children going to our schools???

I have been employed as a Paraprofessional with the school district that this was having a negative impact on; {and let me state for the record} not all of the refugees were illiterate/inconsiderate/mean/lazy/unclean/or treated women as chattel...some were highly educated/warm friendly/wanted to learn our customs/learn our language/have a chance to live & work here where they could survive! But their inclusion and 2 week speed course in 'this is what you'll face and this is what you'll be expected to know and this is how you life will change over night' seems to have left many of them clueless as to what to expect with regard to: weather, clothing, cleanliness, school attendance, driving rules & regulations, treating all women with respect and yes, even direct eye contact...we women in America look all men directly in their eyes when we are speaking to them...we shake hands, we touch men on their arms, shoulders, backs to get their attention so that we may speak to them in public, that little boy children can now spit at female teachers just because they don't want to do as they are told, and then their fathers can't come to school and threaten to kill the teacher that dragged the male child to the office after the 'spitting incident'...IT WAS A TIME BOMB JUST WAITING FOR A IGNITION SPARK'.

And these horror stories are just the tip of the ice burg for what took place at the meat packing plant when the Somalian men were trained and left on the floor to do their work {knifes/electric saws...well lets just say that there was blood and it didn't all come from the bovine that they were butchering}.

But I did get to meet an educated couple during a school conference and they explained a great deal to those of us sitting in that room discussing the welfare of their 3 children. Fascinating and horrific for what they had been thorough and they were some of the lucky ones because they had had jobs at a university before coming to America. This primary Muslim country is as tormented by warring factions as the other country that we've invaded {Afghanistan}...and while they all maybe of the Muslim faith there are the better Muslims and the lessor Muslims and that will change from day to day depending on who's in town at any given moment with the largest numbers of boys & men with the most ammunition.

Anyway...I digress and my point was; the government is soo corrupt in Somalia that they get payments from countries to allow them to dump their highly toxic hazardous waste down into old mine shafts and then it leaches out into the fresh water and enters into the underground water tables and if it isn't just that it's the smelting and run off from those mining practices that are ruining the land and water.

It is just one huge corrupt toxic mess and our government is trying to undo some of the 'guilt' by allowing special quantities of refugees to enter into our 'Rainbow Bright Garden of Eden'!!! There is much, much more to this 3 year story...but I've highlighted enough to give you some insight on what I know and how I know it!

Why do you people keep payng attention to Mr ShamMan's obvious BS posts? And even REPLYING to them?

Ignore him and he'll go away.

Please.

The BS gets ever deeper. "the pirates are not pirates." Ha Ha Ha.

It would be even more funny if the AP did not have an article that called the pirates community organizers, er I mean Somalian Aid Workers (or whatever the AP actually called them without using the word pirates).

I think the AP should be put on the ignore list too.

I'm surprised they haven't been labeled Marxists, yet.....the same way Lil' Dumbya labeled the FARC, in Colombia.

:rolleyes:

Shaman please offer me one example where any of these Somali pirates has taken their ransom money and enacted an environmental clean up effort. If you cannot, your claim is shown to be what it was shown to be the last time you made this claim... bogus.

In fact I asked for an example the last time you made this claim, and you have yet to show any.

Hey Shaman, do you think that if certain types were actually good, responsible AMERICANS, and had voted once in their lives before Obama came on the stage that things could have been different? Of course not. You can't think that far.

Re: Pirates; How long has this been going on???

Somali pirates hold many hostages for months
Captives from poorer countries languish for lack of ransom payment

Aaron Favila / AP

updated 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
MANILA, Philippines - Ruel de Guzman seemed destined for a life at sea.

Several relatives have served in the U.S. Navy, and growing up in the Philippines, he envied the nice houses neighbors were able to buy on a seafarer's salary, much more than he could make on land.

For 20 years, the sea was good as de Guzman married, then started a family. He had risen to second mate on the MT Stolt Strength, a chemical tanker, sending home nearly $2,000 a month to support his wife Vilma, their four children and his 81-year-old mother.

"In the province, people flaunt their wealth, and so he wanted a nice house, too. His father was a tailor and his mother was a teacher. He was the first to finish school," Vilma de Guzman said. "He became a seaman to help his family."

Then on Nov. 10, Somali pirates swarmed aboard as the tanker sailed through the Gulf of Aden while hauling a cargo of phosphoric acid destined for Japan. Since then, the 46-year-old de Guzman and 22 other Filipino crew members have languished for months with scant rations, little water and constant threats as negotiations for their release drag on.

For them, a military rescue like the one that freed American Capt. Richard Phillips is unlikely because the Stolt Strength is anchored in a pirate stronghold. Their only hope is that a ransom will eventually be paid.

Can't afford ransom
While sailors from richer countries get freed relatively quickly in exchange for multimillion-dollar ransoms, those from poorer countries like the Philippines, Bangladesh and Indonesia often wait for months, stuck in the middle because the companies they work for can't afford to make a big payoff.

Almost half of the nearly 300 seamen currently held by Somali pirates are Filipinos — a Greek-owned ship was snatched Tuesday with 22 Filipinos on board, starting a fresh ordeal for a new group of families.

Vilma de Guzman was at the shipping company with other hostages' wives when her husband called last Friday for only the second time since the pirate takeover and talked with their three daughters, ages 15, 10 and 7, and their 9-year-old son.

"He told them, `Take care of mommy, take care of your siblings, love each other,'" Vilma de Guzman told The Associated Press. "He was saying goodbye to his kids just in case he does not come out of this ordeal alive."

"I know when you are a seaman, it's really a high risk. But to say that you'd be taken hostage by pirates, we never imagined that would happen to him. We continue to receive his salary. He gets a big salary, but what will we do ... if we lose my husband?"

In a sign that the on-again, off-again negotiations between the pirates and the Stolt Strength's owner, Sagana Shipping Inc., might be picking up again, de Guzman called again last Saturday, trying to track down the phone number of the Philippine company's general manager.

"He said the pirates asked them to call to put pressure on the company to pay ransom," Vilma de Guzman said, adding that her efforts to get more details were met with a chilling reply: "Don't ask too many questions because we can be heard on the speaker.'"

Getting down to business
Relatives of the hostages say that during the five months their loved ones have been held, the pirates have lowered their ransom demand from $5 million to $2.2 million. But there's no sign any payoff will come, despite the pirates' threat to haul the tanker further out to sea and use it as a mother ship to seize other foreign vessels.

Relatives blame Sagana Shipping, saying they have been misled about efforts to free the captives, and their complaints have spurred a Philippine government inquiry into the handling of the case, according to a report last month on the Web site of the maritime industry journal, Lloyd's List.

Capt. Dexter Custodio, the spokesman for Sagana Shipping, denied suggestions the company hasn't been doing enough to free the hostages, saying it has tried to negotiate with the pirates but that has proven difficult.

"They don't want to talk to us. They would just slam the phone...The main thought is it's a business and discussions will go to that — how much ransom do they want?" Custodio said.

for the rest of the story>>>>
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30233607

Now explain to me how this isn't part of the the Somalian supported government plan!!!!

Now explain to me how this isn't part of the the Somalian supported government plan!!!!

What Somali government?

Hey Shaman, do you think that if certain types were actually good, responsible AMERICANS, and had voted once in their lives before Obama came on the stage that things could have been different?
If you're referring-to younger, first-time voters.....they have every right to lobby (thru their votes), for the type of World they'd like to live-in.....but, I'm thinkin' your reference to certain types was another of your (many) coded-references to Blacks, again....right?

What Somali government?
C'mon.....Everybody knows the Bushes are all-about-demokracy!!!!

January 18, 1993

"According to documents obtained by The Times, nearly two-thirds of Somalia was allocated to the American oil giants Conoco, Amoco, Chevron and Phillips in the final years before Somalia's pro-U.S. President Mohamed Siad Barre was overthrown and the nation plunged into chaos in January, 1991. Industry sources said the companies holding the rights to the most promising concessions are hoping that the Bush Administration's decision to send U.S. troops to safeguard aid shipments to Somalia will also help protect their multimillion-dollar investments there."​

US President Barack Obama promised on Monday to "halt the rise of piracy" in one of the world's busiest shipping lanes.

Cdr Chris Davis, chief public affairs officer for Nato, told the BBC the surge in attacks could be simply down to chance.
"We do see peaks and troughs. Often weather-related and often it's just the situation as it arises and the opportunity - and that's what the pirates are, they are opportunistic."
Shipping companies last year handed over about $80m (£54m) in ransom payments to Somali pirates.
The Horn of Africa nation has been without an effective government since 1991, fuelling the lawlessness which has allowed the pirates to thrive.
Efforts to stop the raiders have so far had only limited success, with international naval patrols struggling to cover the vast areas of ocean where the gangs operate.

Which begs the question of: if G.W.B. didn't have an ax to grind with Saddam Hussein, why would he have tuned out the pleas from the 3 largest oil production companies to protect their revenues in this country escalating warring factions...Dick 'wad' Cheney & Company didn't have enough invested in these corporations as he did with Halliburton??? And yet we seem to have magically signed an agreement to provide a safe haven for XXX amount of Somalian refugees, for some obscure reason!!!

I'm just one very, very confused American voter...but this seems very, very twisted...IMO

LOOKING GOOD...Yea, for our side.

On another forum I suggested that now with 'Black Water' falling out of favor in Iraq...that large corporation of mercenaries will be looking for jobs...maybe those shipping firms need to check into hiring 'Black Water', they certainly know how to 'take no prisoners' and they are quick {real quick} on the trigger!

I'm so happy for Mr. & Mrs. Phillips and family...what a wonderful gift to give his children...daddy back for Easter supper!!!

I have no knowledge of 'Maritime Law' and on another forum we have this debate raging: If Maritime Law states that Merchant Ships may not bear arms and yet the pirates are violating the International Shipping Lanes for safe passage...what preempts the ability to protect the International ships...does NATO have to provide the support or is it left up to each individual company to provide support to their own countries Merchant Ships?

I mean, I can see this ending up and/or becoming the most crowded part of the world for military equipped, fully armed warships of every nation with a merchant ship traveling this direction.

Which leads me to another question; wasn't there a recent study done about enlarging the Suez Canal so that these super tanker/merchant ships would fit through there? Anybody know about that, or did I just dream it?

Werbung:
Which begs the question of: if G.W.B. didn't have an ax to grind with Saddam Hussein, why would he have tuned out the pleas from the 3 largest oil production companies to protect their revenues in this country escalating warring factions...Dick 'wad' Cheney & Company didn't have enough invested in these corporations as he did with Halliburton??? And yet we seem to have magically signed an agreement to provide a safe haven for XXX amount of Somalian refugees, for some obscure reason!!!

I'm just one very, very confused American voter...but this seems very, very twisted...IMO
There's no need to consider apologizing for your confusion.

We are talkin'-about BUSHCO-politiks.​

"Americans don't spend much time thinking about Somalia. And what time we do spend has in recent months been focused on somewhat amused accounts of the uptick in pirate activity off the Somali coast. But the piracy is but a symptom of the larger problem of lawlessness and anarchy in Somalia. To Americans who have paid no attention to East Africa in the time between the departure of U.S. forces from Somalia in 1995 and the recent spate of pirate attacks, this situation may appear merely endemic to the region. But it's not. The Somali situation was, in many ways, improving as of two years ago. At which point the Bush administration initiated a new adventure that, like most Bush administration deeds, was ill-conceived and worked out poorly. In this case, it destroyed the country, has been responsible for the deaths of untold thousands of people, has created the pirate problem, and is breeding a new generation of anti-American jihadists."​

Back