Pro-illegal alien Nightmare Act stopped in Maryland

Ahh, I knew someone would come up with the infamous half-histories about Reagan. (Another one is the "Reagan raised taxes.")

Reagan signed the 1986 amnesty, affecting about 1 million illegals, as a humanitarian gesture, and on the agreement of everyone then that that should be a once and for all, never repeated act.

Besides leftwingers having as usual lied about their intentions for the future, that act 25 years ago is utterly not comparable to the conditions in 2011, when leftwingers want to balkanize the country with up to 20 million illegals (not counting the effects of chain immigration) as part of a deliberate plan to obtain permanent political power, when the US has the most leftwing president in US history, when highly unassimilated hispanics from the 1986 amnesty and the new illegals have a high birthrate and are creating a country within a country, when the nation and states are going bankrupt, and when the country faces huge new challenges from countries like china, an integrated europe, and india, and needs high quality educated immigrants, not illiterate peons from rural mexico to further burden the collapsing welfare system.

Checkmate, Rick. Well done!

Werbung:
Exactly correct - well said.

More half history. It was the biggest increase at that time (1982) and was made necessary by the huge deficit he inherited by his democrat predecessor. It was $1 billion, a drop in the bucket compared to the $40 billion deficit created by the libs who followed him in the state government.

Incidentally, give me your list of conservatives NOW who are calling for tax hikes and a welcome mat for illegal aliens.

Oh, now I understand.

Conservatives now are different from conservatives past.

And Reagan could have worked magic had it not been for the evil left wing, who defeated him.

And further, he didn't sign into law a tax increase after he left office, just the biggest tax increase up to the time he was governor of California.

But, future conservatives will be different. They will defeat the leftists, cut taxes, cut the size and power of government, stop illegal immigration, and bring prosperity to this great land.

I've voted for three men who actually became president. Reagan was one of them. I voted for him because I thought he'd actually cut back the size and power of the federal bureaucracy.

All three disappointed me.

Oh, now I understand.

Conservatives now are different from conservatives past.

No - circumstances now are different from circumstances past.

Reagan came in and had to deal

And Reagan could have worked magic had it not been for the evil left wing, who defeated him.

Yep, Reagan, some might say naively, believed in the word of democrats.

And further, he didn't sign into law a tax increase after he left office, just the biggest tax increase up to the time he was governor of California.

Yes, he increased taxes after the democrats agreed to a $2 for $1 reduction in spending in return for his signing the tax increase. He signed the tax bill, and of course the spending cuts never happened. Your anti-Reagan selective history depends on forgetting these "little" details.

But, future conservatives will be different.

They're already different - read the newspapers lately?

I've voted for three men who actually became president. Reagan was one of them. I voted for him because I thought he'd actually cut back the size and power of the federal bureaucracy.

All three disappointed me.

Reagan had a lot on his plate. He more than anyone in the west, and credit does go to many, finally turned back and defeated the soviet union in the cold war, an immense historic success. In his first term he did tax cuts and deregulation that set the economy on a path of spectacular success. The democrats ran the house for his first six years, and also the senate for his last two. Unlike obozo, he didn't think congress could be bypassed when it was convenient.

He wasn't perfect. You aren't perfect either.

Insult reported.

Rick, don't pick on her (Openmind). She doesn't understand what "analogies" are. I can take anything these leftists can dish out.

It's no different than a 10-year-old kid with ADHD throwing tantrums and calling me names. I just consider the source, and let it roll off my back.

Rick, don't pick on her (Openmind). She doesn't understand what "analogies" are. I can take anything these leftists can dish out.

It's no different than a 10-year-old kid with ADHD throwing tantrums and calling me names. I just consider the source, and let it roll off my back.

Very smart move! ;):)

So - openmind is a chick? Well, that clears up a lot. :D

So - openmind is a chick? Well, that clears up a lot. :D

Yep, Openmind is a female. At least that's what Openmind claims to be. And yes, it does clear up a lot. :D

Looks to me like Obama's internet "department" are going with the male/female thing with their political forum plants. First we had Pepper (a male), and now we have Openmind (a female). Once Openmind moves on, we will probably see another male plant. His name will probably be "salt"? :rolleyes:

Yep, Openmind is a female. At least that's what Openmind claims to be. And yes, it does clear up a lot. :D

Looks to me like Obama's internet "department" are going with the male/female thing with their political forum plants. First we had Pepper (a male), and now we have Openmind (a female). Once Openmind moves on, we will probably see another male plant. His name will probably be "salt"? :rolleyes:

I thought pepper was a chick. You can just sort of tell. :D

Shouln't some of these "soul searching" discussiions take place in private messaging?

It doesn't seem to have any relation to the thread, and doesn't seem to add much interest to the conversation at hand.

If, however, any one has questions about who I am, I'll be happy to answer them (wthin reason, of course) though messaging.

Shouln't some of these "soul searching" discussiions take place in private messaging?

It doesn't seem to have any relation to the thread, and doesn't seem to add much interest to the conversation at hand.

If, however, any one has questions about who I am, I'll be happy to answer them (wthin reason, of course) though messaging.

I'm sure I speak for all when I thank you for your efforts at thread policing, but your time would probably be better spent reading history and economics books.

Werbung:
I'm sure I speak for all when I thank you for your efforts at thread policing, but your time would probably be better spent reading history and economics books.

I have absolutely no ambition at thread policing. Been there, done that. I much respect the work of the mods and their commitment to fairness and balance, Speaking from experience, it is not always easy. I have no desire to ever do it again.

But, since you seem so interested in knowing more about me, let me tell you that I actually have a bachelor in economics.

I have to admit that I do not have a major interest in history, especially when history books are generally revised every few years to reflect "new interpretations" of history to better serve the political and societal ambitions of a political party.

Back