Pro-illegal alien Nightmare Act stopped in Maryland

Now, to get the thread back on track, if possible, the so called Dream Act is seen as a pro illegal alien stance by some.

Others see it as helping out kids who were brought to the USA as children, and now can't attend college because of their status.

I knew a high school student in that position. He spoke perfectly good English, had good grades, had gone through twelve years of school in the US, and yet was an illegal alien. He still is, as far as I know.

Should he be shipped back to his country of birth, even if he isn't familiar with it? Or would it be terrible to give this kid and others like him amnesty and declare them to be legal residents?

Is the kid to blame for his parents having brought him here when he was little?

And, can anyone answer that question without the use of silly and undefined terms like "lib" and "conservative", and ranting about how stupid or bigoted the other side is, or using the absurd term "pro illegal"?

If you've read my posts on the subject, BTW, you know my position, and it is far from open borders.

As I said before, it is such a complex issue that I am still struggling with it.
What I know for sure, is that it is not fair to punish the children for their parent's poor decisions. So I believe that for these children/young adults, there should be a path to citizenship that doesn't involve having to leave the country where they grew up, and begin the application process (which can take years) from scratch.

But what is the solution? I'm not sure. But the dream act as it stands, with the conditions of qualifications as they stand, doesn't seem like a bad plan. Another element that could be added to it is to request that these special cases of illegal Americans children (because, that's the way I think of them), be requested to find a sponsor that would assure that these youths would NOT be dependent on government funds (such as unemployment, welfare, etc.) for at least 2 years after the beginning of the process of naturalization, but, if the need arose, that their sponsors would support them during those two years.

The reason I am thinking of this is because this type of mechanism is already in place for immigrants coming in the US legally (i.e., my son met and married a young Australian woman while he was a Marine, and to allow her to join my son in the U.S. and receive her green card, we had to sponsor her for two years, thus promising that she would not be at the charge of any government programs during that time.)

Werbung:
Is the kid to blame for his parents having brought him here when he was little

No. But the parents ARE. They knowingly broke the law of this country. Is it to be understood that if you break an immigration law for "x" amount of time, and don't get caught that you don't have to pay for the crime in any way? I don't think that is right, and certainly not fair to those who go through the right channels.

What is the current definition of "bad behavior" anyway?

Now, to get the thread back on track, if possible, the so called Dream Act is seen as a pro illegal alien stance by some.

Others see it as helping out kids who were brought to the USA as children, and now can't attend college because of their status.

I knew a high school student in that position. He spoke perfectly good English, had good grades, had gone through twelve years of school in the US, and yet was an illegal alien. He still is, as far as I know.

Should he be shipped back to his country of birth, even if he isn't familiar with it? Or would it be terrible to give this kid and others like him amnesty and declare them to be legal residents?

Is the kid to blame for his parents having brought him here when he was little?

And, can anyone answer that question without the use of silly and undefined terms like "lib" and "conservative", and ranting about how stupid or bigoted the other side is, or using the absurd term "pro illegal"?

If you've read my posts on the subject, BTW, you know my position, and it is far from open borders.

Your saying "pro-illegal" is absurd is itself absurd. The reason why the illegal alien invasion is supported by the left and others has been explained many times. It's to create in the future tens of millions of democrat voters. That's the leftwing plan, and a secondary reason is labor-intensive industries want cheap black market labor, and to dump their social costs, from looting of the ER to imprisonment for crimes, on citizens in general. Whenever there is large-scale illegality, a number of entities find ways they can profit from it. Other who support it are such as teachers unions to keep their members employed, the catholic church, which sees its pews empty and its power in the US diminishing, and commercial entities such as banks which profit from services to illegals such as wiring money back to mexico. If you want to dismiss all this as "absurd", that there is no reason why anyone would be "pro-illegal", then you aren't debating and won't be taken seriously.

As also has been explained many times, while "the kid" isn't responsible for his being here, neither are US citizens. That their children can be charged out of state tuition at five times the rate as someone who is essentially "out of country" is outrageous. Your claim that a mexican minor would be shipped back to a place he isn't familiar with would give everyone in southern california a fit of giggles, even the illegals. Almost all of them speak spanish fluently, and grow up in an environment that in almost every respect might as well be mexico itself.

That's just not true. Sorry. Conservative women vote conservatively, regardless of the other candidate's...OMG...hair, or his promise to give them an abortion.

I said white women, not conservative women - read more carefully.

If a man is conservative, then there's probably a pretty good chance his WIFE is, because they share similar values. That also usually translates into voting preferences.

Husbands and wives aren't necessarily of the same persuasion. Eg Matalin/Carville, Shriver/Schwarzeneggar.

The truth of the matter is that neither California or this country is EVER going to be what was "normal" for me. The country hasn't been normal according to my views and desires for decades. I have done everything any person, male or female can do, within the law, to try to stop the progression of what I view as social/political decay. I will until I die. If you can change the world, back to what I consider "normal", then do it. I'll do whatever I can to help, but guess what, things will change again, after that. You should know that from your vast experience with historical fact.

That's right, so there's no reason to wave the white flag.

If you think that wanting my son to grow up in a better place than Southern California has been since his birth 20 years ago is passivity, then I'll happily wear the title.

I didn't say that.

You go and punch people out, and scream and yell at the blacks for their lack of appreciation, and the illegals for everything they do in California, and all over the country, and I hope that works out for ya.

OF COURSE I wouldn't take such a crude approach. My approach is to wake the gullible out of their koolaid stupor.

You just don't have a decent collection of white women left in California to form a qualified opinion about women. We all left, to raise our families in a place where they might not die in a place rife with drive by shootings, and live to vote....conservatively.

My opinion about white women politically isn't based on just california white women.

Last but not least, just because Openmind and I can relate as women, doesn't make it a
kissing-fest.

Ya coulda fooled me.

I guarantee that if it weren't for our ability to transcend politics and the all the issues that get your boxers in a bunch, and allow emotion to enter into the BIG picture...

It is PRECISELY women's emotions that have made them easy prey for the leftwing.

Ya coulda fooled me.

It is PRECISELY women's emotions that have made them easy prey for the leftwing.

You're so funny! Your comments about the fact that I respect Bododie for her fairness and her intelligent posts in spite of the fact that we don't agree on much in political ideology reminds me of George W. Bush's comment:

"If you're not with us, you're against us!"

Come on, Rick, Bododie and I can transcend some difference and recognize some similarities without being "kissing bodies!"

And it is not because Bododie has enough integrity to treat me with kindness, instead of following your exemple, that she is not "with you!"

Women, ALL WOMEN, no matter what their race, or their political affiliation, can THINK for themselve as well as any man! In fact, it is the kind of disrespect and demeaning attitude that you and many others in the male GOP have displayed toward women who has driven many women away.

You're so funny! Your comments about the fact that I respect Bododie for her fairness and her intelligent posts in spite of the fact that we don't agree on much in political ideology reminds me of George W. Bush's comment:

Come on, Rick, Bododie and I can transcend some difference and recognize some similarities without being "kissing bodies!"

And it is not because Bododie has enough integrity to treat me with kindness, instead of following your exemple, that she is not "with you!"

Women, ALL WOMEN, no matter what their race, or their political affiliation, can THINK for themselve as well as any man!

:D :rolleyes:

Women, ALL WOMEN, no matter what their race, or their political affiliation, can THINK for themselve as well as any man! In fact, it is the kind of disrespect and demeaning attitude that you and many others in the male GOP have displayed toward women who has driven many women away.

Practice what you preach,"Openmind". Get back to the topic, and STAY on the topic. Attacking and criticizing Rick, or other conservatives (as you always do), is not staying on topic.

Sucking up to the moderators, and pretending to be "one of them", may fool some of them, but not all of the them (I hope).

The topic is titled "Pro-Illegal Alien Nightmare Act Stopped In Maryland", NOT "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar". If you want to talk about women's rights and how women can do anything a man can do, ad nauseum, start a new thread.

I said white women, not conservative women - read more carefully.

Lol. ...and I was walking down the street, with my conservative black and Latina friends....

What do conservative women look like? I mean ALL the other ones that aren't the TWO that were/married to other CELEBRITIES?

I didn't wave a white flag. I gave up a house, on a plot of land, in a state, in a country, in the world. I very much kept my political views.

Go ahead and put your little laughy faces. You'll grow up someday, and a real woman might, I say might, have something to do with you.

Oh, BTW, you're a man, can you remind me what makes men such "easy prey" for women, that they would probably change their "vote" to keep?

Lol.

Lol. ...and I was walking down the street, with my conservative black and Latina friends....

What do conservative women look like? I mean ALL the other ones that aren't the TWO that were/married to other CELEBRITIES?

I didn't wave a white flag. I gave up a house, on a plot of land, in a state, in a country, in the world. I very much kept my political views.

Go ahead and put your little laughy faces. You'll grow up someday, and a real woman might, I say might, have something to do with you.

Oh, BTW, you're a man, can you remind me what makes men such "easy prey" for women, that they would probably change their "vote" to keep?

Lol.

Enough already with the cat-fighting. Stay on topic, as PLC1 wants everybody to do!

The topic is titled "Pro-Illegal Alien Nightmare Act Stopped In Maryland", NOT "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar". If you want to talk about women's rights and how women can do anything a man can do, ad nauseum, start a new thread

Then YOU and your bath house bud, probably shouldn't have brought gender into it, eh?

Originally Posted by TruthSeeker
Yep, Openmind is a female. At least that's what Openmind claims to be. And yes, it does clear up a lot.

Practice what you preach,"Openmind". Get back to the topic, and STAY on the topic. Attacking and criticizing Rick, or other conservatives (as you always do), is not staying on topic.

Sucking up to the moderators, and pretending to be "one of them", may fool some of them, but not all of the them (I hope).

The topic is titled "Pro-Illegal Alien Nightmare Act Stopped In Maryland", NOT "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar". If you want to talk about women's rights and how women can do anything a man can do, ad nauseum, start a new thread.

I give the mods a lot more credit than you do, apparently. I certainly am NOT one of them in this forum, and as I stated, my last experience was enough to raise my esteem of what they do (especially in this sort of cases), and to convince me that it is a lot more pleasant to be a regular poster than a mod.

Now, if you want to continue this discussion further, why don't we take it to the private messages, as I have suggested.

So, where is your new post about the OP?

I give the mods a lot more credit than you do, apparently. I certainly am NOT one of them in this forum, and as I stated, my last experience was enough to raise my esteem of what they do (especially in this sort of cases), and to convince me that it is a lot more pleasant to be a regular poster than a mod.

Now, if you want to continue this discussion further, why don't we take it to the private messages, as I have suggested.

So, where is your new post about the OP?

You are creating a lot of NEGATIVE pressure in this forum. My ears are popping. :eek:

As for this topic, I have already written everything I need to write.

Once again, practice what you preach. Everybody is waiting with overwhelming anticipation of your next posting that will no doubt defend the "rights" of criminal aliens who are in my country. PLEASE continue!

You are creating a lot of NEGATIVE pressure in this forum. My ears are popping. :eek:

As for this topic, I have already written everything I need to write.

Once again, practice what you preach. Everybody is waiting with overwhelming anticipation of your next posting that will no doubt defend the "rights" of criminal aliens who are in my country. PLEASE continue!

"I" am creating negative pressure? Why don't we let the mods and the other posters be the judges.

In the mean time, if you wish to add anything to your attacks, would you please do it in a way that doesn't disturb the whole forum. . .privately, or at least in the open message option?

Thank you.

"I" am creating negative pressure? Why don't we let the mods and the other posters be the judges.

In the mean time, if you wish to add anything to your attacks, would you please do it in a way that doesn't disturb the whole forum. . .privately, or at least in the open message option?

Thank you.

funny how all the sudden staying on topic is such a big deal for him...must have been getting to him...stick with it :)

Werbung:
Back