Ted Kennedy has died, Aug. 25, 2009

I am not so sure that Kennedy's death is going to result in the American people liking healthcare all of a sudden.

If Democrats want to ram it through on that assumption, I have doubts that Senator Kennedy would have wanted his legacy to be ramming a partisan bill through that the public did not even want.

I think there will be a short push to pass it in Kennedy's name, but I do not think that is going to really get anything done on its own.

I think it's quite possible to push a few Republicans one place or another on board as the country gets the time during all of the coverage of the life & death of a famous leader loved by millions to see how important affordable health insurance for all legislation was to him.

As far as ramming that's up to the Republicans. This is LEAD, FOLLOW or GET OUT OF THE WAY time.;)

The vote is going to happen and reform will be what the vote is on. I could care less if it's 60 votes or 51 votes... it's going to happen. And seriously there will never be enough Republican support for any kind of Health Insurance Reform to amount to a hill of beans... so let's just get it done is my motto.

I just think it would be a just & fitting tribute to see a Health insurance Reform Bill in Senator Kennedy's name... and very much looking forward to it.

Werbung:
I think it's quite possible to push a few Republicans one place or another on board as the country gets the time during all of the coverage of the life & death of a famous leader loved by millions to see how important affordable health insurance for all legislation was to him.

Why? None of the poll numbers have really changed on the issue. People either like it or they don't. His death is not all that meaningful to someone in middle America in my opinion.

As far as ramming that's up to the Republicans. This is LEAD, FOLLOW or GET OUT OF THE WAY time.;)

It is in fact up to the Democrats. You have the votes, either ram it or don't, but stop pretending that it is Republicans holding anything up.

Problem is you could not even if you wanted, because Dems are split on the issue.

The vote is going to happen and reform will be what the vote is on. I could care less if it's 60 votes or 51 votes... it's going to happen. And seriously there will never be enough Republican support for any kind of Health Insurance Reform to amount to a hill of beans... so let's just get it done is my motto.

I just think it would be a just & fitting tribute to see a Health insurance Reform Bill in Senator Kennedy's name... and very much looking forward to it.

Ramming it through with the 51 vote option against public opinion would be a disaster for Dems in 2010. That won't happen unless there is a big shift in public opinion.

As for Republicans supporting reform, most Republicans already state they support reform, just not a massive government run reform.

I would be surprised if they attach Kennedy's name to a bill before they know 100% that it will pass. Would look bad to make his "legacy" a failed healthcare bill when Democrats are in total control of the country.

OOPS... I knew you couldn't make it.:D

I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.
Abraham Lincoln

As I recall the Author of your quote was Abe Lincoln, he was shot too!
A sneaky "liberal " did the deed ! typical, was BOOTH from Ohio?

SUGGESTED SLOGAN for those who want a connection between ted kennedy and the radical Obama heath takeover bill.

" Lets make Health Care bill like TED , DEAD!! "

Werbung:
SUGGESTED SLOGAN for those who want a connection between ted kennedy and the radical Obama heath takeover bill.

" Lets make Health Care bill like TED , DEAD!! "

Great. You can paste it on the back of your car, along with the faded "Drill, baby, drill."

Ah, yes, bumper sticker politics are a great substitute for actually thinking, so much easier, and doesn't kill the buzz.

Back