Teleprompter goof causes Obama to thank himself for White House party

And the hits just keep on comin.

The Obama administration seems to be trying to set records for gaffes, clumsiness, and overall klutz factor.

A while ago I compared them to the Keystone Kops. But now it's starting to look like I insulted those comparatively professional comedians by equating them to this bunch.

Apparently the people setting up the teleprompter didn't change the speech aftre Obama gave it. And when the first guest came up and started reading, it took him a while to realize he was repeating the exact words that Obama had just read to the audience.

Obama quickly came up, took the guest's place, and started reading from the teleprompter.... not realizing that the crew had finally gotten it right and had switched back to the guest's speech. He kept reading and reading, even thanking himself for inviting everyone to the party, before someone finally straightened things out.

Back when President Gerald Ford kept falling off ladders, falling down helicopter stairs etc., it was due to an inner-ear medical condition no one could help. But President Obama has already far exceeded his record for stumblebum antics.

When will this get the derisive coverage Ford got?

BTW... who on earth uses a teleprompter at a PARTY?

---------------------------------

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/03/obama-thanks-himself-in-teleprompter.html

Obama Ends Up Thanking Himself In TelePrompter Stumble-Bumble

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oops.

President Obama graciously thanked himself for inviting everyone to the St. Patrick's Day party yesterday at the White House.

SKY News reported, via LGF:

A teleprompt blunder has led to Barack Obama thanking himself in a speech at the White House in a St Patrick's Day celebration.

Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen was just a few paragraphs into an address in Washington when he realised it all sounded a bit too familiar.

It was. He was repeating the speech President Barack Obama had just read from the same teleprompter.

Mr Cowen stopped, turned to the president and said: "That's your speech."

A laughing Mr Obama returned to the podium to take over but it seems the script had finally been switched and the US president ended up thanking himself for inviting everyone to the party.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

LMAO :D Mr. Teleprompter goofed!!!:D This guy can't say one sentence without his speaking device.... Amazing...

Here's another teleprompter goofed... :D

Werbung:
He's so intellectually superior to everyone else though.

yeah... I can see that.

more important...for who?

Me. I got a tax cut. Who is less important than how much. Every dollar in the market place, grows the market. Every dollar in government kills the market. If anything proves that, it's the latest mega spending rampage, that hasn't produced any real economic growth.

The video better come out soon it sound so funny, SNL should do a skit on it but I doubt they will
That's what's been so convenient, for "conservatives".....there IS no video.

:rolleyes:

"Mr Obama hosted an evening reception for the visiting Irish premier Brian Cowen and other Emerald Isle and Irish-American dignitaries in the State Dining Room of the White House. First up, Vice President Joe Biden. Then, President Obama. So far, so unremarkable.

Then it got a bit murky and open to misinterpretation because Cowen's speech was not transcribed by the White House or Federal News Service and the event was covered by a "print only" pool - meaning there were no media cameras present.

That was pretty clear: there was a teleprompter mix up and the fall guy was Cowen. Obama stepped in after Cowen's five-minute speech to make a good-natured and well-received joke at the Irish premier's expense.

Ironically, therefore, Obama was ad-libbing rather than mindlessly reading the wrong speech from a teleprompter."

:p

Goof after goof! I agree had this been the Bush administration or any other republican this stuff would be in every news cycle on the half hour.

How about this Video of Joe Biden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2mzbuRgnI4

How about these of Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdV8tA2xjbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA7Xk00-GZ8

The point is that there is a clear double standard in the media of what gets constant play time. Had this been Bush, McCain, Palin, Cheney, or insert republican here, it would have gotten way more play time.

Instead, it's out-there in BOOK & DVD form!

:p

I'm glad you agree that there is a double standard. And to prove my point you attach an article from slate that has been written about a President who is no longer in office. I think I would be a little hesitant to continue with the "Bushisms"......Because in case you hadn't noticed we are only 2 months in to the Obama presidency, and there a lot of "obamaisms" out there on the internet that your boy Al Gore created.

Goof after goof! I agree had this been the Bush administration or any other republican this stuff would be in every news cycle on the half hour.

How about this Video of Joe Biden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2mzbuRgnI4

How about these of Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdV8tA2xjbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA7Xk00-GZ8

The point is that there is a clear double standard in the media of what gets constant play time. Had this been Bush, McCain, Palin, Cheney, or insert republican here, it would have gotten way more play time.

I watched the first one. OMG! He said 57 when he obviously meant 47! Why, oh why, hasn't that been played over and over and over on CNN, NBC, and MSNBC? It must be the liberal slant of the media, just must be...

Either that, or it really wasn't worth mentioning even once.

I watched the first one. OMG! He said 57 when he obviously meant 47! Why, oh why, hasn't that been played over and over and over on CNN, NBC, and MSNBC? It must be the liberal slant of the media, just must be...

Either that, or it really wasn't worth mentioning even once.

Again with the double standard! Bush accidentally walks to the wrong door in China and we had to watch it for a solid week. Was that really worth mentioning? You guys make it to easy!:rolleyes:

Again with the double standard! Bush accidentally walks to the wrong door in China and we had to watch it for a solid week. Was that really worth mentioning? You guys make it to easy!:rolleyes:

Bush walking into the wrong door in China wasn't worth mentioning, either. Bush blundering into Iraq, well, that's another story.

When Obama makes a misstatement, the Republicans are all over it, and rant radio plays it until the sound byte really bites. When Bush made a misstatement, then it was the Democrats who played it over and over. The difference is that Bush made so many misstatements that it got boring after a while.

Bush busting the budget was newsworthy, but no one paid a lot of attention to that. Obama doing the same and ramping up the spending spree beyond even the wildest dreams of the Republican spendthrifts is newsworthy, too, but it's getting a lot of attention. Is that a double standard also?

There is a cute one of obama trying to go through the window of the white house thinking it was a door but did not play much except side by side with Bush and the fake door and only to show it can happen to anyone and also to show the double standards.

Right now how many countries and even the useless UN has spoken up about how he is dealing with the financial problem, had this been Bush it would be top stories and high pressure for Bush to change, but its obama so oh well they just don’t understand us.

It’s irritating

Bush walking into the wrong door in China wasn't worth mentioning, either. Bush blundering into Iraq, well, that's another story.

When Obama makes a misstatement, the Republicans are all over it, and rant radio plays it until the sound byte really bites. When Bush made a misstatement, then it was the Democrats who played it over and over. The difference is that Bush made so many misstatements that it got boring after a while.

Bush busting the budget was newsworthy, but no one paid a lot of attention to that. Obama doing the same and ramping up the spending spree beyond even the wildest dreams of the Republican spendthrifts is newsworthy, too, but it's getting a lot of attention. Is that a double standard also?

I don't think Bush made as many mistakes as you think. The point that we are making has nothing to do with Obama being too stupid to know what a window is. The point is how it's played out differently in the mass media.

There was a video somewhere, which was interviews with voters waiting to go into the voting building. They asked quick easy questions.

I can't remember all the questions, but here's three of them. Who said they visited 57 states. Who has a pregnant unmarried daughter. Who said we should teach kindergartners about sex. Then there was something Biden said, and something McCain said.

Out of the five people interviewed, all five knew all the things about Palin and McCain. Not one knew who said the Obama or Biden things. Moreover, 3 of the 5 attributed what Obama and Biden said, to McCain and Palin. Now why do you think that is?

The same reason Bush getting caught by a fake door was played on every news network, every paper and magazine, every talk show and late night comedy program, while most people have never heard that Obama tried to open a window to get into the oval office.

Fact is, everyone makes gaffes and bloopers all the time. But when one persons mistakes are highlighted every 50 times a day, every day year round, and other persons mistakes are glossed over and ignored, you are going to get the impression they make a lot of mistakes.

Of course I still don't believe Iraq was a blunder.

Here's another thing that I still don't get about you specifically.

Bush busting the budget was newsworthy, but no one paid a lot of attention to that.

What are you talking about? First, it was in the news, and often. Second, many people paid attention to it. The increasing federal budget was a big topic in the talk show circuits. A ton of people were pushing to cut spending. So why do you keep saying this obviously false statement?

What are you talking about? First, it was in the news, and often. Second, many people paid attention to it. The increasing federal budget was a big topic in the talk show circuits. A ton of people were pushing to cut spending. So why do you keep saying this obviously false statement?

Conservatives talked about it too. The big talk show hosts complained about the spending. That is the number one thing liberals would throw in my face when I said I was a conservative, they would yell out, Bush spent more money than all the other presidents combined, how conservative is that!!!

And I would agree with them, it was terrible, absolutely terrible how much he was spending, I thought he should have given the same amount to aids research as Clinton did instead of way more and I thought he should have said no to the constant increases to domestic programs, and the liberals thought he should have cut the military but we all agreed he spent too much.

Its weird, we were patriotic when we complained about Bush over spending and we are crying a river and we have sour grapes because we are complaining about obama spending.

Thank You, Andy and Pandora!

For displaying the double standard and blind ignorance of plc1 and Mr. Shaman who if it were not for the propaganda put forth by media matters, moveon, and cnn wouldn't have any facts. It is amusing that when facts or points are brought from other news sources (not fox or talk radio) that they immediately fire back with a story from one of the above groups. They may even fire back with a chart or graph from one of them as well, and then cleverly write something about "faux" news behind it.

However, I would like to thank plc1 and Mr. Shaman for making the rest of us think, and for providing us with a laugh on occasion. :D

Werbung:
Thank You, Andy and Pandora!

For displaying the double standard and blind ignorance of plc1 and Mr. Shaman who if it were not for the propaganda put forth by media matters, moveon, and cnn wouldn't have any facts.
Yeah....we're kind-of addicted to facts....one o' the downsides of being a progressive-adult.

Be patient. One day, even you'll mature....but, you're gonna have to get outta Jr. High, first.

:rolleyes:

Back