Unbderstanding the leftwing - Principle 1

Werbung:
Is debate conducted in this fashion all over this forum? I had just assumed the one guy I've been debating in my time here so far was one bad apple.

Perhaps I'll go somewhere where the people are not so... hysterical.

Is debate conducted in this fashion all over this forum? I had just assumed the one guy I've been debating in my time here so far was one bad apple.

I hope you don't. I believe that the more people of intelligence, good will, and true desire to engage in, controversial, maybe, but respecful dialog there are in a forum, the more likely the "hysteria" will subside or at the least, be ignored.

I, for one, will no be pused out by insults and attempts to intimidation.

We may not agree on much, but I see you as an intelligent, fair, and honest member. I hope you stay.

You obviously are "new" to the whole "politics forum" thing. If you think THIS particular politics forum has "bad apples", go ahead and check out the myriad of other "politics forums".

Believe me, this forum is VERY tame compared to any of the other forums I have been to. If you want some "shock treatment", do some internet searching and sit in on some of the other forums.

Then, after you've been called every name in the book, been involved in some mudslinging and personal attacks and other "niceties", report back to us on your "experiences".

You obviously are "new" to the whole "politics forum" thing. If you think THIS particular politics forum has "bad apples", go ahead and check out the myriad of other "politics forums".

Believe me, this forum is VERY tame compared to any of the other forums I have been to. If you want some "shock treatment", do some internet searching and sit in on some of the other forums.

Then, after you've been called every name in the book, been involved in some mudslinging and personal attacks and other "niceties", report back to us on your "experiences".

So, because "everyone does it" we should continue a tradition of stupid and non- productive attacks instead of raising the barre?
That is NOT ny idea of an intelligent, welcoming and productive forum. This is not the reason I joined this forum, and I will not play your games.

And still, I will not give up my right to speak my mind.
So I hope you get used to it, because there is no way I will keave this forum as you so wish, just because of feeble attempts of a small handfull of posters who appear to believe they own this site and refuse to debate respectfully and intelligently issues and ideas they do not agree on.

Unless an adminidtrator or a super mod informs me that this forum is solely reserved to unconditionally positive comments about the Right, or extreme negative comments about the Left, I will assume that this forum is a bi-partisan discussion forum, and I will continue to try to raise the level of open debate here.

So, because "everyone does it" we should continue a tradition of stupid and non- productive attacks instead of raising the barre?
That is NOT my idea of an intelligent, welcoming and productive forum. This is not the reason I joined this forum, and I will not play your games.

And still, I will not give up my right to speak my mind.
So I hope you get used to it, because there is no way I will keave this forum as you so wish, just because of feeble attempts of a small handfull of posters who appear to believe they own this site and refuse to debate respectfully and intelligently issues and ideas they do not agree on.

Unless an administrator or a super mod informs me that this forum is solely reserved to unconditionally positive comments about the Right, or extreme negative comments about the Left, I will assume that this forum is a bi-partisan discussion forum, and I will continue to try to raise the level of open debate here.

I could spend the next hour listing all of your smart-ass comments, personal attacks, lies, and other garbage, but I'm not going to waste my time.

You come in here and think you are "high and mighty", and above all of the sniping and heated debates and other stuff, but you have proven yourself to be just another run-of-the-mill forum troll pretending to be something else.

Dressing up in your "princess" costume and playing "pretend" just won't work, because your postings BETRAY YOU.

Werbung:
I could spend the next hour listing all of your smart-ass comments, personal attacks, lies, and other garbage, but I'm not going to waste my time.

You come in here and think you are "high and mighty", and above all of the sniping and heated debates and other stuff, but you have proven yourself to be just another run-of-the-mill forum troll pretending to be something else.

Dressing up in your "princess" costume and playing "pretend" just won't work, because your postings BETRAY YOU.

No, I do not think I am "high and mighty."
But I want to be above the "sniping."
And I enjoy the heated debates, as long as people engage in thm in good faith and with a minimum amount of respect.
I also enjoy some humour in the communications between intelligent people.

And I do hope that my posting "betrays" me, as I have nothing to hide, and nothing to fear.

I am glad you don't want to waste your time. It will save me from saving mine.

So, you see, we did find a point on which we can agree. :)
Now, let's leave it at that.

Back