Whats wrong with 4million jobs created?

Further, we saw reports of the first $350 billion in TARP funds, over $70 billion of it was overpaid and wasted. That is 25% of the money blown. This is the same government that we want to give another $900 billion to? To do what? Waste it?
Uh....we're The Government (even though "conservatives" are always trying to sell it to the highest-bidder.....so "conservatives" have someone else to blame, when things go badly)....and, it's always been our money!

It was your BANKING-buddies that've blown so much o' the welfare (of which you "conservatives" feel the banks are so entitled).

You "conservatives" did NOTHING, when BUSHCO was raping the National Treasury....and, now you want to blame Dems for your laziness???

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
You kinda missed the point of that. The problem was that our government was descriminating against charities of religious origin, over ones that were not. As in, one homeless shelter run by a church was denied any government help, over a shelter run by Joe Bob whoever. That doesn't make sense.
Agreed.

I was thinking the same, as I read it; i.e. zero-details.

If you're lucky, FAUX Noise might be hiring interns; no thinking (or facts) required.​

The fact is that money in the pockets of the American people is what will bring us out of this slowdown and the best idea I have heard so far is a tax holiday for 6 months or so. Of course, that isn't going to happen because the dems in congress want to pick the winners and losers rather than let the market itself decide.
Ah, yes.....and, "conservatives" will (merely) wave their magic-wand (aka B.S.-distractions), and our crumbling-infrastructure will magically-disappear (from the radar)....until another bridge collapses....or, another levee fails.

Tell you what. How about you tell us what clinton did to improve "his" economy. Tell us about some legislation, or executive orders, or anything else he did to bring about the "clinton" economy.
I surely do hate to trouble any "conservatives" with details (because they always seem to forget....and, ask the same questions, all-over-again), but here goes....​

"If the Republicans are looking around for an icon to worship, they might consider Bill Clinton. He cut spending from 21.4 percent of GDP to 18.5 percent. That's three times as much as Reagan. True, he raised taxes from 17.6 percent to 19.8 percent, but that's still a smaller chunk than the government was claiming when Reagan left office. And, of course, he left us with an annual surplus that threatened to eliminate the national debt."

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

I am afraid that nafta doesn't answer the question though. The fact is that the only thing clinton did was nothing.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....and, "conservatives" are STILL pissed-off about it!!!

:p

"Mr. Clinton, in an announcement from the White House, called on Republican leaders in Congress to "put politics aside and join me" in a budget proposal that would pay off 3.6 trillion dollars in debt by 2013. This, he said, would leave the United States debt-free for the first time since 1835."

....and, instead...."conservatives" discovered Whitewater, instead (the ultimate-distraction)!!

"Four years and $40 million poured into investigating President Clinton. And all that independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr has to show for it, according to press reports, is a lurid tale about the president and his intern. There will reportedly be nothing in Starr's upcoming report to Congress about Whitewater, the 1980s Arkansas scandal that gave rise to Starr's gargantuan probe in the first place."

Like any good administrator, you always check to see if your investment is yielding results. Unlike a democrat that would keep funding a failed project as a political payoff, Bush discovered in review, the company was not producing any returns.
....a common-occurance, for Lil' DUMBya....

I surely do hate to trouble any "conservatives" with details (because they always seem to forget....and, ask the same questions, all-over-again), but here goes....​

You really are clueless aren't you? You seem to be forgetting (or perhaps never knew) that clinton was dragged into all those initiatives kicking and screaming with threats of people starving in the streets by the republican majorities. None of them were clinton initiatives.

In fact, most of what you mention were the results of initiatives and legislation that clinton had already vetoed once before he lost the senate and the house. Care to try again? Here is a clue for you. Clinton did nothing. If you can call getting out of the way, then that is what he did and congratulations to him for doing it. How much better would the economy have been during his terms had he not hobbled it with his tax increase?

If you are up for a bit more public humiliation, however, do feel free to point to any specific action by clinton that reduced spending (other than military) or reduced the budget, or created the imaginary surplus.

By the way, go back and check the figures. The income generated by rasing taxes on the rich pales in comparison to income generated by giving them tax cuts.

You really are clueless aren't you? You seem to be forgetting (or perhaps never knew) that clinton was dragged into all those initiatives kicking and screaming with threats of people starving in the streets by the republican majorities. None of them were clinton initiatives.
That's what you heard, huh?

"Here’s what conservative politicians said about the 1993 deficit reduction legislation that raised taxes on the top 1.2% of our wealthiest citizens:

"Clearly, this is a job-killer in the short-run. The impact on job creation is going to be devastating." — Rep. Dick Armey, (Republican, Texas)

"The tax increase will…lead to a recession…and will actually increase the deficit." — Rep. Newt Gingrich (Republican, Georgia)

"I will make you this bet. I am willing to risk the mortgage on it…the deficit will be up; unemployment will be up; in my judgment, inflation will be up." — Sen. Robert Packwood (Republican, Oregon)

"The deficit four years from today will be higher than it is today, not lower." — Sen. Phil Gramm (Republican, Texas)

"The President promised a middle-class tax cut, yet he and his party imposed the largest tax increase in American history. We hope his higher taxes will not cut short the economic recovery and declining interest rates he inherited… Instead of stifling growth through higher taxes and increased government regulations, Republicans would take America in a different direction." — Sen. Robert Dole (Republican, Kansas)

Better check your reading-comprehension skills.

That's what you heard, huh?

Better check your reading-comprehension skills.

Unlike you, I don't depend upon others to either think for me or to talk for me. Are you saying that you agree with whatever the politicans you quote say or are you hypocritically picking a very select portion of what they say that seems to support your argument.

The fact is that you have yet to provide any evidence of anything that clinton did to create the economy he presided over and the fact is that you won't be able to as he did nothing.

You are over your head here. You are a groopie who doesn't actually know anything at all. You are clearly an apologist who would accept testimony from the devil himself if it seemed to support your argument.

You may not be bright enough to grasp the concept, but you are losing this debate. You made a claim and have thus far, entirely failed to support it. In simple terms, if you can't support your claims, you lose.

:D Boy did I get you stirred up or what? Thats alright though, it didnt take to much. Ease up a bit there buddy, we are all here for debate. Dont take yourself to serious.

A few things I will say though, is that adding hybrids to the federal fleet is a good idea in my mind. We need a headquarters of DHS, and to largely upgrade our infastructure for capacity and safety reasons. There is no reason our education facilities cant be right up in the top in the world.

If you think this stim package is so bad, what would you do instead? One thing I am fairly convinced of is that doing nothing is no longer an option.

Not stirred up. More like amazingly disappointed.

We already pay some of the highest prices in the world for education, and the results are lower than those from nations paying a fraction what we do. Blowing billions during a recession, when more money hasn't helped yet, is not a smart move.

Upgrading capacity for transportation, when our demand is already down due to a poor economy, is just another way to add a tax burden on the economy that will depress it further.

Hybrids are just bad. There is no economic value to them whatsoever. Especially since prices are not $4.50 anymore.

Not stirred up. More like amazingly disappointed.
This is kinda funny. I figured I was regardless to you.
We already pay some of the highest prices in the world for education, and the results are lower than those from nations paying a fraction what we do. Blowing billions during a recession, when more money hasn't helped yet, is not a smart move.
Id like to see than fraction, what 94/100? Either way, there is no question that modern school buildings have higher achievement than those who are outdated. We arent talking about a higher operations budget as of yet, but instead an increase in capital investment.
Upgrading capacity for transportation, when our demand is already down due to a poor economy, is just another way to add a tax burden on the economy that will depress it further.
Obviously we live in different places, but I havent heard anything about less auto traffic on the roads, but only further increases.
Hybrids are just bad. There is no economic value to them whatsoever. Especially since prices are not $4.50 anymore.
Maybe not now, but considering the speculation based commodity market that oil is now traded on, it could go even higher than $4.50, and for no particular reason except, well speculation. The consumer is at the whim of the market.

This is kinda funny. I figured I was regardless to you.

No, not really. But when you have obvious double standards, and a clearly hypocritical stance, plus snide remarks like "only the GOP would create the department of homeland security, and not fund it", when it clearly has been funded for 7 years, then I have no choice but to assume you are just another political hack, not worth listening to.

Id like to see than fraction, what 94/100? Either way, there is no question that modern school buildings have higher achievement than those who are outdated. We arent talking about a higher operations budget as of yet, but instead an increase in capital investment.

Typically, well funded school system exist in communities that are middle class, and thus can afford them. At the same time, students from middle class families tend to be more motivated to achieve, and less involved in gangs and drugs, which is the key factor in better results.

Lower-class and poverty areas, tend to have students more into drugs and gangs, and less interested in achievement and school work. Similarly, they tend to be poorer, and less able to purchase newer school buildings.

Giving students not interested in a school, a better school, does not help their achievement. I'll give two examples.

First is Eastside High School, Paterson, NJ. In 1970s to 1982, Eastside High had fallen to a place of being a gang hang out, drugs everywhere, broken windows, lights, damaged walls sprayed with graffiti. A regular urban dump site.

In came Joe Louis Clark. Joe didn't require more money. He didn't ask for a new building. He simply laid down a tough law, made education the primary concern, eliminated students not wanting to work, and kicked out lazy staff. From 1982 where a student was stabbed on the first day of school, by 1987, the school was called a model of education nationally, and hailed by Times magazine.

Another example is Dunbar High School in Washington D.C. This was a well funded black only high school started in 1899, that was consistently giving high results. After 85 years, of high achievement, forced desegregation caused thousands unmotivated, under educated, disruptive students to flood Dunbar. The modern high quality building did nothing to stop the spiral of Dunbar into just another lousy ghetto school.

In both examples, the building did little to nothing to promote or hinder academic success.

Obviously we live in different places, but I havent heard anything about less auto traffic on the roads, but only further increases.

If there is an increase, we should be seeing an economic upturn in collation to it. In California, during their private recession in 01-04 (I think), traffic was so light, it caused headlines in the national media. People don't drive all over the place when they don't have jobs to go to, or money to spend.

Maybe not now, but considering the speculation based commodity market that oil is now traded on, it could go even higher than $4.50, and for no particular reason except, well speculation. The consumer is at the whim of the market.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Speculation can't force the price up, when in fact it is going down. You do understand what speculation is right?

Speculation, is a contract to purchase a shipment of oil at a pre-determined price. If I'm a speculator, and I bid up the shipment of oil at $50/barrel, and the price is $40/bar, I lose $10 per barrel. I can't just bid up forever, or I'll go bankrupt. In fact, when you consider a shipment of oil contains millions of barrels, I could go broke in one single shipment.

Speculation has never "driven" the market, today or in the past. It's a media myth, created to generate more ratings. The media is always interested in finding someone to blame for every bad thing that happens in the world, because there's nothing people like more than to pass blame for all their problems onto something or someone.

Speculation is actually a very good thing, for both consumers and producers.

Werbung:

Higher achievement relative to what? It isn't the building that educates the child, it is the teacher and the cirriculum. The first 6 years of my education were in a school where two grades were intermingled for lack of space and equipment but I dare say that when I finished the 6th grade, I was more literate, and more mathematically adept than most graduating seniors today. I graduated from high school the year before the fed became involved in education. Oddly enough, that year, students reached the pinnicale of educational success and it has been a steady decline ever since.

Early students are no longer drilled in the basics and as a result, the remainder of their education is built upon a foundation of sand. More money obviously isn't the answer to the educational problems in this country,

Back