Abortion

The issue of wars has been going on for centuries. Does that make it any less relevant? How does an immoral act ever become irrelevant?

Until someone ever comes up with proof that the babe in the womb is NOT a separate individual from the mother then it will always be a relevant discussion. It is not one of dependence on the mother since that dependence lasts for years after birth. It is not a question of brain waves, heart beat, or any other physical issue. The fact remains that the babe has a separate DNA from that of the mother, and if allowed to live will become a separate individual from the mother.

Do you think that your consistence support for the death of an individual contributes to society?

The active word in "individual".
When the zigot can live on it's own.
Then it can be a individual, till then it's on life support.
Sorry.

Werbung:
Re: "...The issue of abortion is so yesterday...".
Although I disagree with Palerider on the issue of abortion, he is/was intelligent and educated to the point where he would never attempt to pass off a platitude as a legitimate argument. On the contrary. His arguments were obviously the product of an intelligent, mature, educated person.
On the other hand, I would rather not have this dolt speaking for the Pro-choice side.

You don't get to choose, do you?
As Pale doesn't get to choose for others.

The choice is one of the individual who sits in that Dr office.
Not you, not me , not Pale.
C H O I C E

You don't get to choose, do you?
As Pale doesn't get to choose for others.

The choice is one of the individual who sits in that Dr office.
Not you, not me , not Pale.
C H O I C E
Read my post again slowly, pecker breath. I agree with you on the abortion issue.

The active word in "individual".
When the zigot can live on it's own.
Then it can be a individual, till then it's on life support.
Sorry.

on that line of thinking ... let's stop supporting life support systems ...

a month on life support can cost as much as 1/3 of a million in ICU for JUST ONE PERSON which makes it impossible for people of lesser means to afford health care that supports such extravagant coverage.

People can't afford basic coverage because of this extravagance!

on that line of thinking ... let's stop supporting life support systems ...

a month on life support can cost as much as 1/3 of a million in ICU for JUST ONE PERSON which makes it impossible for people of lesser means to afford health care that supports such extravagant coverage.

People can't afford basic coverage because of this extravagance!

The issue is simple.
If you don't want an abortion, don't get one.
If your advocating the Gov get between a woman and her doctor.
Then your not a conservative, and you are actually talking about Death Panels too.

Grandma is over 80 and does not get a MRI.
Your preme baby has a 15% chance of living and you can't afford a heart transplant.

Tis the law on unintended consequences.

As for a mother being the "life support" system. SHE IS.
We do make those choices about family being on "life support" each day.

I decide if MY DAD stays on the machine.
You Have No Standing There.
Nor does the GOV.
SORRY...

The issue is simple.
If you don't want an abortion, don't get one.
If your advocating the Gov get between a woman and her doctor.
Then your not a conservative, and you are actually talking about Death Panels too.

Grandma is over 80 and does not get a MRI.
Your preme baby has a 15% chance of living and you can't afford a heart transplant.

Tis the law on unintended consequences.

As for a mother being the "life support" system. SHE IS.
We do make those choices about family being on "life support" each day.

Nor does the GOV.
SORRY...

whatever ...

How about:

Quote:
don't want to have a baby - use multiple birth control

...... Or .....
don't have sex!

Or how about masturbate?

Human sexuality can have consequences well know nowadays to anyone over age five. To expect a Holocaust to exist to clean up your mess afterward is irresponsible as well as genocidal.

Or how about masturbate?

Human sexuality can have consequences well know nowadays to anyone over age five. To expect a Holocaust to exist to clean up your mess afterward is irresponsible as well as genocidal.
there is also the NORMAL THING .... Marriage!

there is also the NORMAL THING .... Marriage!

Normal cultural; not normal biological. Cultural then, is what a group of people have become to view as usual, expected. And, that is not necessarily correct, or desirable, or as it should be, as in female circumcision.

Normal cultural; not normal biological. Cultural then, is what a group of people have become to view as usual, expected. And, that is not necessarily correct, or desirable, or as it should be, as in female circumcision.
Marriage is part of what separated us from animals ... even many animals are monogamous ...

As for any sort of circumcision - it's not acceptable in my personal theological beliefs.

That particular imbecility is like saying if you don't like murder, don't commit one.

Completely off base.
What is the role you want THE GOVERNMENT to have?

Do you want the GOV in the Doctors office?
If you do then just admit it.
Don't be a hypocrite.

I can't believe a liberial is arguing with conservatives for Less Gov.
Too Funny.

Werbung:
Really WOW.

Great Argument.

It's was not an argument - I disagreed and chose not to point out how your statement which you clearly said

When as I have suggested to my family (wife and son) that if I am dead ...
Don't you DARE put me on life support!

as I see it ... YOUR RIGHT ends if your father's wishes were contrary to your ideas.

As I look at it ... if you want to be on life support ...

1. That is your personal choice
  2. your choice should not be reflected in the cost of regular health insurance which makes the cost so high that the poorer people can NOT afford health coverage (ICU on Life Support can cost as much as 1/3 of a million dollars for less than a month ... and people can't afford to insure their spouse and children - wonder why!)
... a few months ago my aunt was in ICU on life support and in that one hospital they had about 7 people on life support.

Now ask yourself this ...

• how many hospitals are there in the USA?
  • how many people in EACH HOSPITAL are on life support?
  • how many health insurance companies are there? (a lot less than the number of hospitals in just this country)
  • How many health insurance policies are absorbing the cost of life support?
  • How many MORE poorer people COULD AFFORD coverage if the cost of life support was not included in basic health care?

Back