Another newbie

@Mirror Lake:

I've been living in Geneva, Switzerland. Kind of close to Germany, but I'm in an area where everyone speaks French. I never have any idea what anyone is saying because I still don't speak French well, and if I drive an hour one way I end up with Italian speakers, an hour another way gives me German speakers, and a couple of hours in a third direction gives me ... Romansh speakers. Switzerland is quite confusing :).

Werbung:
Greetings Mr Sheepish and welcome to the board, I hope you have fun and look forward to seeing you around.

We have something in common, like you I'm also living in a foreign land ...... alas a Scot living in bloody England....never mind it could be worse!

Genevas' a pretty boring place to get shipwrecked though? A few nice eating houses round the lake but not the prettiest of places to get dumped in!

@All: Thanks for the welcome. I promise I won't go and get banned. Unless I think of something really offensive that I just *have* to say.

In response to questions, I was trying to "howdy" my way back into an American dominated crowd. I hope my folksy disguise worked. I will probably be living out here another few years, not really sure. If anyone wants to talk international politics, I am pretty opinionated about Swiss minarets. And I don't like their grocery stores. :)

what about them? you find it odd that the "neutral" swiss have decided to attack one religion? :) I loved the Daily show skit on that...where John Oliver was interviewing some Swiss diplomat...and talking about them being neutral vs the Minarets.....they guy had a nice smile joked a bit....then he asked about being newtral in WWII and taking and holding all hitlers money and doing nothing to stop them lol you could see how pissed he got :)

@ Scotsman:

Geneva may not be the most exciting of cities, but it's close to some awesome ski resorts, so no complaints there. The eateries are ok, I guess, if you like French food and if you don't mind paying ~$40 American for a decent meal, and good luck getting anything spicy. I imagine the eating is worse in England though.

@ pocketfullofshells:

Me ♥ Daily Show 4Evr

Are you able to purchase some basic staples for your own home cooking or is that too expensive too? I'm thinking local markets and not so much large grocery chains like we are accustomed to here in the states!

Assuming that you can cook...that your accommodations are a full house type of set up!

Yeah, most things are a bit more expensive (especially meat and peanut butter), but other things like bread and cheese are actually very cheap. As long as you cook for yourself most of the time the food really is quite reasonable.

Yes, I like that game.

Perhaps I like people others fear??

Or they're raving lunatic Nazis like Saxon or they cuss out the Mods like Bob the Builder. Just saying. Could be that too.

Besides you got me your Liberal Billy Jack. How you doin'!;)

OH ALMOST FORGOT... WELCOME MrSheepish... you've put down some good stuff.

Dunno, no one eats peanut butter out here. They all like to spread nutella on their toast (shudder). You can find peanut butter if you know where to look, but it's about 10 times the price by volume.

well its clear what you need to do, Start selling it there
. If there is no market...make one, maybe they have not often had it in all its yummy forms...Make Millions, cut me check later :)

Werbung:
Back