Bill Clinton also says Libby pardon a farce

KingBall

It's NOT a pardon Moron!

Libby didn't out anyone and Patrick Fitzgerald knew that Dick Armitage was the leaker back in 2003.

Des Moines, Iowa - Former President Bill Clinton says President Bush's decision to spare ex-White House aide Lewis "Scooter" Libby from prison differed from his own administration's pardon controversy.

"You've got to understand, this is consistent with their philosophy," Clinton said during an interview on Des Moines news-talk station WHO. Bush administration officials, he said, "believe that they should be able to do what they want to do, and that the law is a minor obstacle."

"It's wrong to out that C.I.A. agent and wrong to try to cover it up," Mr. Clinton added. "And no one was ever fired from the White House for doing it."

http://alaskareport.com/z46317_bill_clinton.htm

Werbung:
You'll notice that there is some staggering uniformity to the Dem talking points. This is because what people hear politicians say about the case is the closest thing they'll ever know to anything about the case; it doesn't matter if they're wrong or dishonest because it still enables them to define the terms of the debate favorably.

I suspect this is why most people in the other thread were utterly unaware that Libby wasn't the leaker, that the leak was not an actual crime, and Libby wasn't convicted on a charge directly related to the leak, anyway.

...and that Valerie Plame wasn't covert by the CIA's own definition. I can't believe people are still talking about this.

...and that Valerie Plame wasn't covert by the CIA's own definition. I can't believe people are still talking about this.

Well, that's what I meant when I said it wasn't a crime -- the law requires that the agent be covert before leaking their identity is illegal.

But I disagree that people shouldn't be talking about it. They oughta' be talking about Fitzgerald's prosecutorial misconduct in pressing a non-case with no evidence so he could throw a patsy to the wolves and claim victory.

It is amazing to me the short memory of some.

How many did Clinton pardon on his final day in office? Wasn't it 200-300? How many of these were violent criminals? How many were white collar thieves? And how many of these pardoned also contributed to the Clinton library?

Technically Bush issued a sentence commutation, which is less than a full pardon. Clinton issued full pardons.

No one with even half a functioning brain should pay any attention whatsover to Slick or Ms. Slick.

Werbung:
Back