Bill Maher used the N word last night on HBO!

"Rise of the apes" does not refer to Cain or to Perry, but to the downward spiral of our society.

Considering Cain was leading Romney in the polls at the time this was said, do you see how someone could wonder if it was meant to be about Cain?

I am not saying it was, I don't think Bill is racist but I can see where someone could give pause and be uncomfortable with what he said.

Those same words coming from David Duke's mouth would be considered racist don't you agree?

Werbung:
He was calling the masses of people stupid, he was not calling Cain a Ape. If you watched him you would understand....but nice job trying to change the subject.

I am not trying to change the subject, its kind of the same subject anyway. I have watched him lots of times, sometimes he is actually funny. So this was not meant to be humor? But more of a serious moment?

I disagree just from reading the various posts on this thread that Bill said exactly what Steve heard or thought he heard. But Steve's title to this thread is [Bill Maher used the N word last night on HBO!] That is a totally correct statement.

It’s another argument if he meant it to go along with a title to a ranch or if he meant it at Cain personally or whatever. That stuff is easy to argue. But the title to the thread and the statement made by Steve that Bill said the N word on his show was true. I am also not sure how we can get into Steve's head to decide if he actually saw it or read about someone else who saw it. I think it’s strange to say a man is lying about something like that, why not just take their word for it

the "title" of the thread might not have been false, although the N word was not talked about on its own, but was merely INCLUDED in a longer word, that was the name of Perry's ranch.

But the very first opening statement written by Steve was ABSOLUTELY false, as Cain wasn't even mentionned until about two minutes later, and in a totally different context.

And, although I do not pretend to be in Steve's head, it is pretty evident for anyone with some psychology background that if Steve had HEARD the comment himself, he MAY have remembered the name of Perry's ranch, but he would NOT have associated it with Cain.

I also have the advantage that I immediately did a search to find out what this was all about, and the first two linked displayed were, first, Steve's post in this forum, and second, the same type of post (although not worded the same way) in anothe forum (I don't remember the name of the other forum, and i haven't be able to find that second link again . . .probably because that post didn't trigger as many answers in he other forum as in this one.

You are so detemined to attack me personally, that you go to extreme to prove me wrong, or to try to show me in a negative light, even when I try to give steve the benefit of the doubt, saying that he misunderstood a comment he read, rather than believing that he had actually watched Maher introduction and purposefully lied about the content and context!

I am not sure if Steve gave the exact date of is ALLEGED racist comment before today, but it is when I read the date of the show that I was able to finf it (with the date, its very simple!) and listened to the entire show.

IF while watching that video, I had discovered that Steve was correct, and I was wrong, I would have had no problem recognizing MY mistake.

Considering Cain was leading Romney in the polls at the time this was said, do you see how someone could wonder if it was meant to be about Cain?

I am not saying it was, I don't think Bill is racist but I can see where someone could give pause and be uncomfortable with what he said.

Those same words coming from David Duke's mouth would be considered racist don't you agree?

I can see how someone could misinterpret the words that way, sure. People misinterpret words all the time.

The meaning, however is clear. He wasn't calling any of the pretenders to the Republican throne apes.

If David duke said it, it still wouldn't be racist. It might be the only thing he said that day that wasn't, but it wouldn't be racist, no.

If David duke said it, it still wouldn't be racist. It might be the only thing he said that day that wasn't, but it wouldn't be racist, no.

That made me laugh so hard I hurt myself!

I don’t personally think Bill is racist. I think he is really bitter and discriminates against religious people but I don’t think he cares about the color of skin or gender or sexual orientation.

the "title" of the thread might not have been false, although the N word was not talked about on its own, but was merely INCUDED in a longer word, that was the name ofPerry's ranch.
The title of his thread was correct, you were wrong in post #16 when you said it never happened.

But the very fierst opening statement written by Steve was ABSOLUTELY false, as Cain wasn't even mentionned until about two minutes later, and in a totally different context.
Calling Cain the N word I think was not correct on his part but I am only going by what other people said after watching the video, I didn't personally watch it. I also never defended Steve’s statement of calling Cain the N word so I really have nothing to do with that.

And, although I do not pretend to be in Steve's head, it is pretty evident for anyone with some psychology background that if Steve had HEARD the comment himself, he MAY have remembered the name of Perry's ranch, but he would NOT have associated with Cain.
He said he saw it live then in another post I asked him again if he saw it live and he again said yes he saw it live and gave the date 11-11 If you say he did not see it live, that is the same as saying he is lying and when you say he got the post from another forum that even says worse stuff about his character.

I also have the advantage that I immediately did a search to find out what this was all about, and the first two linked displayed were, first, Steve's post in this forum, and second, the same type of post (although not worded the same way) in anothe forum (I don't remember the name of the other forum, and i haven't be able to find that second link again . . .probably because that post didn't trigger as many answers in he other forum as in this one.
I don’t go to that many forums anymore but I did during the elections and different people post the same stuff in different forums, it’s not all done by one guy then everyone else copy’s them. Accusing Steve of taking the post from another forum is kind of saying he is lying and stealing someone else’s idea to boot.

You are so detemined to attack me personally, that you go to extreme to prove me wrong, or to try to show me in a negative light, even when I try to give steve the benefit of the doubt, saying that he misunderstood a comment he read, rather than believing that he had actually watched Maher introduction and purposefully lied about the content and context!

I was just sticking up for Steve. I only respond to your posts when you personally direct your posts at me, usually full of insults and attacks I might add. You pick fights then get upset when the person you picked a fight with refuses to back down. I am less inclined to back down when sticking up for someone else.

I am not sure if Steve gave the exact date of is ALLEGED racist comment before today, but it is when I read the date of the show that I was able to finf it (with the date, its very simple!) and listened to the entire show.
In post #25 he repeated that he saw it live on 11-11

IF while watching that video, I had discover that Steve was correct, and I was wrong, I would have had no problem recognizing MY mistake.
You did but you didn’t
I mean you did discover you were wrong. In post #16 you replied to my post saying that Steve said he saw Bill use the N word on his show that night. You said #16 No. . .Steve DIDN'T see it live, since it never happened!

He got that from another silly poster in another forum.

But then in post #30 you said you watched it and he did say the N word. No acknowledgment that Steve did not lie about the N word being said, so though you admitted you were wrong you didn’t recognize your mistake. But then again in the same thread you said Rush called Hillary Michelle and Nancy every name in the book then later agreed that he did not called them every name in the book.

Pandora, your whole post is so ridiculously stubborn that there is no reason to answer it anymore.

Once I watched the video, I recognized that "maybe" Steve could have made a mistake and taken the name "******head" for the "N" word, which was NEVER used ouside of that name.

In fact, although the "N" word was NEVER used, I even gave Steve the benefit of the doubt that his thread TITLE was somewhat correct. However, his post aws 100% WRONG and the intent even worse.

Yet, I gave Steve the benefit of the doubt again that, instead of an outright lie, he made a mistake because he didn't WATCH the program himself, but READ about a FALSE account of what Maher REALLY said from anoer poster in one of the many forums where misleading information (such as this "juicy" tidbit) is shared.

It is nice to tey to help a friend. It is not smart or helpful to anyone to encourage the spreading of false information. I like Steve, and I think he is basically honest, but has a difficult time stayng focused and understanding complexiities.

Now, this back and forth is ridiculous and non-productive (as are most of our conversations), and I am done with it.

I am satisfied that anyone with a rational, clear mind KNOWS that the premise of this thread was (as plc so aptly said) BS, and nothing more.

and by continuing this discussion, you and I are making it worse and spreading more "organic fertilizer,". Which is pointless, as we obviously can't see eye to eye

When You tube decides to allow it ill show it all to you. But Bill Maher have used that word Hundreds of thosands of times and still didnt get fired. But all it takes is a conservitive to say that word one time JUST ONCE! And Youll hear from Al Sharpton. Former Senator Byrd used it twice once on Senate Floor and on TV. And Not one liberal objected and not once Al Sharpton paid a visit to him. And Harry Reid called Obama this
And Where was Al Sharpton ? And This is Vice President Biden Obamas Side Kick
Again Wheres Al Sharpton?
Wheres the Womens Groups?

When You tube decides to allow it ill show it all to you. But Bill Maher have used that word Hundreds of thosands of times and still didnt get fired. But all it takes is a conservitive to say that word one time JUST ONCE! And Youll hear from Al Sharpton. Former Senator Byrd used it twice once on Senate Floor and on TV. And Not one liberal objected and not once Al Sharpton paid a visit to him. And Harry Reid called Obama this
And Where was Al Sharpton ?

I'm sorry you insist in pursuing this Steve.

DID you go to the link I provided for the 11/11/11 Bill Maher show? You do not need U-tube to watch that show. . .you can do it right there, or directly on HBO web site and look for Bill maher show.

Sometime it is very clear why your avatar is a man beating a dead horse! ;):)

So here is something interesting I found while kind of looking for info on this N word thing.

Bill Maher is doing an interview with George Stephanopoulos and during the time of this interview Cain was front runner in the polls. Here is a statement he said. I don’t know what he meant by it. I can see where someone might want to call it racist but only because I can’t figure out what the 'humor' was meant to be. It only could seem racist knowing that Cain was the front runner at the time this was said.

MAHER: You have got to feel bad for Mitt Romney. I mean, he’s been led, so far, by Trump, then Bachmann. Then Perry. Then Cain.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But, he kinda hangs in there. He’s everyone’s second choice.

MAHER:I’m rooting for him. You know? Because, look, in a country with only two parties, the Republican can always win. I mean, at least he eats with a knife and fork. I mean, he is all that stands between us and the rise of the apes.

Read more: Did Bill Maher Refer to Herman Cain as an ‘Ape’? | Godfather Politics

http://godfatherpolitics.com/2032/did-bill-maher-refer-to-herman-cain-as-an-ape/#ixzz1dqTgmoCM

http://godfatherpolitics.com/2032/did-bill-maher-refer-to-herman-cain-as-an-ape/

I left a link so you can read it all in context; it’s probably not meant to be racist though I can see why someone might think it is. But can anyone tell me what the humor was in the statement? I didn't get it.

You see what i Mean about Liberals? They never get an earfull from Al Sharpton. Just like Al Sharpton should have yelled bloody murder when Cain was framed by Women who claimed they were sexualty harrassed by Cain. And Gloria Allred has the nerve to go after him but She didnt have the Nerve to go after Joe Biden who encoraged Men to commit rapes because the Jobs bill didnt pass.

I'm sorry you insist in pursuing this Steve.

DID you go to the link I provided for the 11/11/11 Bill Maher show? You do not need U-tube to watch that show. . .you can do it right there, or directly on HBO web site and look for Bill maher show.

Sometime it is very clear why your avatar is a man beating a dead horse! ;):)

Show me the Link. But Maher did say it! Now answer me this Mr Liberal Potato head,,What would happen if Just once if Rush Limbaugh,Bill OReilly or even Sean Hannity use that N word,,What would think what would happen? Oh im sure Al Sharpton aint gonna stay quiet and turn the other cheek on Rush Limbaugh,Bill OReilly or even Sean Hannity say that N word now would he?

You see what i Mean about Liberals? They never get an earfull from Al Sharpton. Just like Al Sharpton should have yelled bloody murder when Cain was framed by Women who claimed they were sexualty harrassed by Cain. And Gloria Allred has the nerve to go after him but She didnt have the Nerve to go after Joe Biden who encoraged Men to commit rapes because the Jobs bill didnt pass.

I am not sure Biden encouraged men to commit rape, I think he was somehow saying high unemployment caused men to rape. I think it was one of the more stupid comments to come out of the idiot’s mouth but I didn't feel he was encouraging men to commit rape.

Show me the Link. But Maher did say it! Now answer me this Mr Liberal Potato head,,What would happen if Just once if Rush Limbaugh,Bill OReilly or even Sean Hannity use that N word,,What would think what would happen? Oh im sure Al Sharpton aint gonna stay quiet and turn the other cheek on Rush Limbaugh,Bill OReilly or even Sean Hannity say that N word now would he?

What would happen if Limbaugh or his buddies at rant radio called Cain a n***? Probably the same thing that would happen if Maher actually did the same thing.

What might happen if Limbaugh didn't call Cain that despicable name, but someone decided to make up a story that he did? Well, the self described conservatives would no doubt deny it, while the partisan Democrats would try to spread it. It's quite unlike what happens when a SDC starts to spread a rumor about something that an outspoken liberal didn't really say. In that case, it is the partisans on the right who want to spread the rumor, while the left denies it.

The fact is that no one in their right mind is going to use that epithet against a high profile candidate running for president.

This entire thread is based on baloney, BS, garbage, hooey, and bollocks.

Could you please call me MRS. Liberal Potato head instead? It would be more accurate! :rolleyes:;)

I did show you the link. . .in fact, just go to your browser (I'm not sure what you use, but it's usually Google or something like that) and type: Bill Maher's introduction to 11/11/11 show, and you probably will get to several links.

By the way, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly are "supposed" to be News casters. . .Bill Maher is more like Jon Stewart or Colbert. . . they are NOT pretending to relate news, they are humorists (although they often get more right in their humor than anyone at Fox News does!).
Limbaugh is in a world of his own! Drug induce stupidity and meanness is the best I can describe his arrogance.
I don't believe ONE WORD of the vitriol he spews.

Werbung:

this is what open considers a "link"

I did show you the link. . .in fact, just go to your browser (I'm not sure what you use, but it's usually Google or something like that) and type: Bill Maher's introduction to 11/11/11 show, and you probably will get to several links.

went to HBO site earlier and that show did not appear to be up yet. saw a few clips here and there but I prefer the real deal to avoid editing.

but this is not the first time for Bill, did it on Larry King in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLn-4iBczzU

Back