Breakfast with a Lib

Gipper

Had breakfast with a business associate. The difference between conservatives and liberal/progressives was clearly displayed during our conversation.

This fairly accomplished liberal middle aged man believes the government is better at handling things like health care then the private sector. Of course, I believe the opposite. There in lies the difference.

Liberals see corruption everywhere in the private sector.

Conservatives see corruption everywhere in the public sector.

"Never the twain shall meet."

Werbung:
Well since the Private Sector fails to Insure so many, Medical costs are the #1 reason for people Filing for bankrupcy, Our Private Health care ranks below other nations with Public health care, Public health care you don't need about them dropping your coverage, or no one covering you, when you actuly do get sick, Other nations pay less per person for health care then we do, other nations your health care and thus your personal and families health is not tied to keeping that job, regardless if you lose it for reasons outside your control...or if you are like me, and tried for your dream job that did not work out, but you lost the health care you took 4-5 years working to get when things did not work out....

Yea Private health care is great, outside the lack of coverage, and cost, and that you have to sue to use it for anything big, and they fine print that you have to be a lawyer to understand ( and even they always don't agree)

Well since the Private Sector fails to Insure so many, Medical costs are the #1 reason for people Filing for bankrupcy, Our Private Health care ranks below other nations with Public health care, Public health care you don't need about them dropping your coverage, or no one covering you, when you actuly do get sick, Other nations pay less per person for health care then we do, other nations your health care and thus your personal and families health is not tied to keeping that job, regardless if you lose it for reasons outside your control...or if you are like me, and tried for your dream job that did not work out, but you lost the health care you took 4-5 years working to get when things did not work out....

Yea Private health care is great, outside the lack of coverage, and cost, and that you have to sue to use it for anything big, and they fine print that you have to be a lawyer to understand ( and even they always don't agree)

Well you proved my point. Yes our health care system has problems and you think socializing it is going to improve things. I do not. The government can't do anything better than the private sector. So, if they seize control of the health care system it will be much worse than it is today. Just like it is in Canada, Cuba, UK, Italy, Germany................

Had breakfast with a business associate. The difference between conservatives and liberal/progressives was clearly displayed during our conversation.

This fairly accomplished liberal middle aged man believes the government is better at handling things like health care then the private sector. Of course, I believe the opposite. There in lies the difference.

Well then you ate breakfast and managed to misunderstand the real difference.:rolleyes:

The difference is Liberals realize that some things are so vitally important & enormous that when you pile billions per year on top of their actual cost to allow for ludicrous amounts of corporate profit taking that those things would serve the people much better and at a lower cost without the corporate profit taking part.

Conservatives believe that no matter how sky high a profit corporations make or how failed, or expensive, or to tens of millions simply out of reach their product has become it's better to do nothing than to let the government get involved and try and reform it in some way or for that matter even regulate it.

I agree on your part saying, "Never the twain shall meet." But that just highlights how bad the Conservative position really is.

It's basically just their old Wall Street deregulation position leading up to its collapse. Nothing new there.

Well then you ate breakfast and managed to misunderstand the real difference.:rolleyes:

The difference is Liberals realize that some things are so vitally important & enormous that when you pile billions per year on top of their actual cost to allow for ludicrous amounts of corporate profit taking that those things would serve the people much better and at a lower cost without the corporate profit taking part.

Conservatives believe that no matter how sky high a profit corporations make or how failed, or expensive, or to tens of millions simply out of reach their product has become it's better to do nothing than to let the government get involved and try and reform it in some way or for that matter even regulate it.

I agree on your part saying, "Never the twain shall meet." But that just highlights how bad the Conservative position really is.

It's basically just their old Wall Street deregulation position leading up to its collapse. Nothing new there.

Thanks for proving my point.

Well you proved my point. Yes our health care system has problems and you think socializing it is going to improve things. I do not. The government can't do anything better than the private sector. So, if they seize control of the health care system it will be much worse than it is today. Just like it is in Canada, Cuba, UK, Italy, Germany................

all places with better health care for alot of there people...for sure those who here have none...

Depending on your income status you should have asked if you guys could pay the check like a lib. I being poor like to do this when I dine with libs.

If your friend made more money than you then he paid the majority of the bill, if he makes a lot more than you then he pays the bill and the tip and gives you five bucks also :)

It works better when you dine with a couple libs. Get one to pay 70 percent of the bill the other who makes less, 30 percent of the bill and the first guy gives you 5 bucks and the second guy only gives you 2 bucks and you get all the doggie bags.

If Obama could just create some Jobs, more people would have health care.

I had 2, I had no health care...having a job does not mean they cant' say no cuz your already sick....I could go on, but you relay don't care...you have yours you are happy, screw the rest...Hope they deny your logic claim one day when you need it, or you get laid off and lose coverage...

Depending on your income status you should have asked if you guys could pay the check like a lib. I being poor like to do this when I dine with libs.

If your friend made more money than you then he paid the majority of the bill, if he makes a lot more than you then he pays the bill and the tip and gives you five bucks also :)

It works better when you dine with a couple libs. Get one to pay 70 percent of the bill the other who makes less, 30 percent of the bill and the first guy gives you 5 bucks and the second guy only gives you 2 bucks and you get all the doggie bags.

when I dine with some of my freinds who don't have much money I very often pay for it all, or most...when we go out with others and I know they want to join, I tell them ahead I will cover it so they don't feel like they can't join out of income restrictions....

Can you give us an example of someplace where the private sector insurance system is working? There are examples of places where the socialized system is working to the satisfaction of the people who live under it, which is more than can be said for our system.

I don't think that any system will be without faults, but let's figure out a way so that everyone has coverage. If private insurers WON'T do it, then what other choice do we have but to have a socialized system? Our socialized highways work, so do our socialized libraries, and parks, and military. Why isn't there a debate about privatized military?

And what satisfaction do you get from a post like this when you are making fun of people who are trying to share? :confused: If I have more money I pay more or all of the bill, is this shameful in some way? Am I a bad person for sharing what I have with those who have less? I'm doing it voluntarily, I'm not requiring anyone else to do it, why have you written a post like this?

Werbung:
And what satisfaction do you get from a post like this when you are making fun of people who are trying to share? :confused: If I have more money I pay more or all of the bill, is this shameful in some way? Am I a bad person for sharing what I have with those who have less? I'm doing it voluntarily, I'm not requiring anyone else to do it, why have you written a post like this?

Its more fun to invite the poor friend to things you know they can't go do, so you can feel like you tried ...See problem is Conservatives live in a world where they think everyone is out only for them self and greedy ...they get thrown off when with liberals who are actually not, and don't actually mind helping a friend who is less well off so they can feel included and not feel bad if they can't afford all the same things.

Back